• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's Your Superhero Special Power?

Breakfastologist

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I have a wild theory that everyone has some kind of skill or ability that could, in the loosest possible sense be considered to be their superhero special power.

For example, I can stand on the station platform before a train comes in and the train's doors will always stop directly in front of me.

I admit, it's not exactly flying or growing strong web from my hands or anything, in fact it's not even quite 100% reliable, but hey, in terms of mysterious powers its all I've got.

What about everyone else here- any more useful skills, or less useful ones?

I can move from the past, to the present, and then to the future in the correct order

hehe, i can do that train thing too :D well, maybe 90% of the time, anyway...

I have the startling ability to be completely misunderstood by French people when I attack them with my dodgy school boy French. Works great because it makes them speak English. Marvellous.

There's two - no, three - things that I can do which no-one else seems able to....

I can see through my specs.

I can read my own handwriting (most of the time... :rolleyes: )

And, in hot weather, when I take my shoes off I can stay in the same room as my feet! (Mind you, it's not easy.....)

:D

And a fourth - although this one isn't unique - I can get buses to arrive by lighting a ciggie.

DerekH said:
And a fourth - although this one isn't unique - I can get buses to arrive by lighting a ciggie.

I can do that. And I can make my meal arrive in restaurants using the same technique.
My other restaurant related skill is to make waiters appear and ask me if my meal is ok just as I take a large mouthful of food.

I can make pussycats appear as if by magic by making a sort of 'backwards whistle' sound (saying 'ooo' and sucking instead of blowing!)

(because that's the signal that there's something nice to eat about to be served)

Carole

carole said:
(saying 'ooo' and sucking instead of blowing!)

Carole

I'm sure that'd make you popular in many walks of life ;)

Thanks, that's my coat at the back...the flashers mac, that's it, cheers

I can spot fake boobs a mile away.

Also, I have the extraordinary ability to make every woman I've ever dated despise me within two years. :(

1. Scary long term memory: i can recall things from a loooooong time ago, i.e. what tv show on what tv station i was watching when my first tooth fell out...or just about any random occurance from my childhood on up. also coversations, etc...i creep my dad out when i tell him exactly what were talking about like 10 or so years ago; real trivial and forgetable stuff, mostly.

2. i can stay underwater for a long time

3. influence outcomes thru various chaotic "devices": if a friend and i split for a while and i want him or her to get in touch with me all i do is tear up their phone numbers and get rid of anything they've given me. it's like voodoo. also, i can sometimes make something happen by hoping for the opposite outcome.

4. horrible short-term memory:...uh...

5. uncanny sexual stamina: seriously...it's sad too. they wear out before me :(

6. uncanny sense of smell: i can tell when someone different has been in the house, track my dad 2 blocks down from his cigar smoke...pick out different faint scents; the last girl i was with left a scent on me that i could detect for many days after, even after a shower...it drove me bonkers. i could actually detect her perfume, soap and shampoo scent on other girls if they used the same brand(my senses perk up when that happens). i can also pick up chemicals in just about anything. i can smell blood...the iron in blood and metal(metal and blood smell the same...like rust). i can think of smells and smell them. like i said, it's uncanny. i can smell a LOT and recognize it all.

among other things...

synthwerk said:
2. i can stay underwater for a long time

5. uncanny sexual stamina: seriously...it's sad too. they wear out before me :(

6. uncanny sense of smell

among other things...

So, you wouldn't be coming to California any time soon would you? :cool:

awwwwww :D hehehehehe *blushes* i wish! actually...i wish my main power would be super-decision-making. :rolleyes:

I can make any activity a 5-year-old can engage in become instantly too boring to endure simply by picking up a book or a cooking pot (or the telephone).

oh! the most annoying ability i have is the ability to make all the crazy street people come to me when i go for a walk or something

I can go for a "quick drink" after work and turn that into a 6 hour session.

I am quite brilliant at that.

I can make my BF knock on the front door just by stepping into the shower.

I can....

Order Superhero comics and place them in my store and sell enough of them to live on!! (for the last 12 years):blah:

Ogopogo said:
Also, I have the extraordinary ability to make every woman I've ever dated despise me within two years. :(
Two YEARS?

Bloody hellfire, mate, that's amazing.

My record is two WEEKS.

:rolleyes:

This is really a very impressive list- we're like a kind of modern-day X-men, I'd say.

Unfortunately I'm afraid a couple don't quite count- lighting or rolling a cigarette is the globally accepted rite of summoning for buses and so it's not really a unique skill. I think attracting weird people is another relatively common ability- the well known phenomenon of being a "weird magnet"- I would say about 1 in 10 people has this ability, more prevalent in girls and inversely related to the ability to deal with weird people. Quite dangerous to combine weird magnetism with bus summoning, of course.

I'm not sure if this is a Special Power, but I have the ability to go out with girls who can't walk past a cat without stopping for a long conversation.

Superpowers?

I have a Chair Leg; I don't need no stinkin' superpower!

Niles ":spinning" Calder

I have the uncanny ability to get into arguments with people no matter what their opinion; even if it is the same as my own.
Spooky, ain't it?

Oh dear, mines Invisibility, better just fade aw...........:eek!!!!:

According to Emode my superpower is animal communication. I'll have to ask Mewsley about that.
My real superpower is remembering music. When I was a child I thought everyone could do this, and wondered why some people chose to sing the same line over and over, or why they sang a different tune. I was quite spooked out when I discovered the truth.
There is a "curse" aspect to this superpower- I'm extremely musically sensitive, and it actually physically hurts to listen to Density's Child for example, or that Brockley Spears. :hmph:

Wow! Apparently my special power is time travel. Coincidentally, it was recently pointed out to me that I never speak in the past tense regarding myself (however, it seems as though I can report someone else's actions in the past tense). Now I know why;)

Inverurie, you're not my ex-husband are you?
I swear that man could start an argument with a brick wall.

Back