• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's Your Superhero Special Power?

I can piss people off at a hundred yards without even having to move, say or do anything...

Mine also is "animal communication" I WILL COMMUNICATE MY CATS TO CHANGE THEIR OWN LITER BOX AND MY DOG TO WALK HIMSELF WHEN I'M BUSY!!:blah:

River_Styx said:
I can piss people off at a hundred yards without even having to move, say or do anything...

You bastard. Them's fighting words.

Ogopogo said:
You bastard. Them's fighting words.

Sadly my other mutant ability is the power of being able to laugh at any threat of danger and not taking it seriously in the slightest.

I can remember the exact correct phrasing of quotes from books/movies I can't even remember reading/seeing in order to annoy people by correcting their misquotes.

I don't smoke, but I have the ability to summon food from restaurant kitchens by going to the bathroom. By this same technique, I can banish all movie previews and get the actual film to start.

I have magnets in my legs which attract small children.

Nonny

i have the superhuman ability to be way too honest with people. :eek!!!!: i swear it's almost like kryptonite

i also have the ability to supercharge my cousin's kids with hyperactive kinetic energy just by picking them up. after that they want me to pick them up again and again and then if i don't they'll just run around me and start screaming and fighting with eachother. :D

ooh! i've never gotten a broken bone in my life...not even a sprain. i guess i have a skeletal system made of super indestructable adamantium :cool:

I can summon a senior manager within seconds of breaking wind in my office.

I can attract people who are lost and require directions by simply walking down the street of any city anywhere in the world that I have no knowledge of.

I am never wrong.

But seriously, I can figure someone out totally in a matter of seconds.

I can make traffic lights change to green by knocking my car out of gear and applying the handbrake.....

I can make people magically appear at my bedroom door by bending over naked to get socks from my sock draw.......

I can make people phone or knock the door by just going to the loo...

I can make cars appear on a lonely road by just picking my nose....

There are others that are to embarrasing to mention....

I can make the phone ring by stuffing a sandwich into my mouth.

It's very reliable and great fun too. Try it.

I can go for hours with realising I have seriously cut myself. Often I only notice when someone points it out to me, then (oddly) I start to feel the pain. Wish I had a power for remembering how I cut myself in the first place.

I can also leave a full cup of hot tea for hours, forget how long its been there and take a sip... :cross eye

And -although I'm sure everyone can do this- when a song finishes on one my cds, I can instantly remember and accurately re-create the first 5 seconds of the next song by going da-da-dum-di-dum etc. before it starts! Wow. Feel the power. :D

I reckon we should also give ourselves a superhero name ratehr than just posting abilities. I am obviously "The Cold-cuppa Crusader" or possibly "Baron Bleedalot"

At a party I have the innate ability to find the half full can of beer that's been used as an ashtray and take a healthy swig from it. This is generally followed by a spectacular show of technicolour objects :cross eye

When someone is looking at me from a building or in a crowded room I am able pin point them and look back at them. I have been told that some people who study security cameras have witnessed people with a similar skill stareing back at them.

The same works the other way round....I am able to stare at someone in a crowded room or in the distance and make them turn round to look at me.....

I dont like it!!! make it stop!!

I have the ability to attract every spider in the house (especially late at night when the lights or off, and the creepy little buggers run over my feet at a good bit in the film I'm watching) :eek!!!!:

But this is balanced out nicely by my complete inability to catch the little sods

"Captain spider magnet":D:

I forgot to mention my power of laughable injury.
Last year I dislocated my jaw when yawning........:(

I have been told that some people who study security cameras have witnessed people with a similar skill stareing back at them.
of course they are..........they're looking at the camera following them around and saying "that pervy security guard is spying on me":D

stegzy said:
When someone is looking at me from a building or in a crowded room I am able pin point them and look back at them.

I have a similar ability to this, only in my case it only works if I am idley looking around a room and my gaze just happens to fall on another person for a second or two. They will IMMEDIATLY turn around and think I am staring at them. This especially works with unattractive males who then think I fancy them.

I also have the ability to get incredibly drunk just by telling someone to make sure I dont drink too much

My secret power is to peg out washing two minutes before a heavy downpour. So I reckon I could do weather forecasting.

My mum's was to cook the same meal at dinner as dad had had in the staff restaurant at lunch-time. She never failed.

I have a superhuman ability to apear cute even when I'm being a cynic.

I also have the ability to make beautiful men apear incredably ugly in the morning. It's a skill I have, I don't shout about it.

unicycle said:
I have the stunning ability to find the only two people in germany who do not speak perfect english and ask them for directions.
I am also Nutterman. Since my early teens, I have been able to attract females with major psychological problems to me.
Unicycle rips open shirt to reveal his heroic alter ego...
"Fear not, strange person, I shall endeavour to help you with your issues, and could you put that knife away, please."

Ah yes, I share that skill with you.

I often feal the horror welling up from the core of my being when I'm with my new friend and they tell me about their selfharming, depresion or bipoler depresion.

I wouldn't mind but i don't actualy have ANY friends without some recent mental health issues.

Is it something about me I wonder. Am I also a nutter?

jamesveldon said:
I often feal the horror welling up from the core of my being when I'm with my new friend and they tell me about their selfharming, depresion or bipoler depresion.
Is it something about me I wonder. Am I also a nutter?
:hmph: Cheers James.

beakboo said:
:hmph: Cheers James.

Ok, perhaps I misphrased that one.

I feal the dejavu welling up.

To be honest as one of my friends comented 'I couldn't be friends with someone who didn't suffer from depresion.'

I also have the ability to put things the wrong way.

That's alright James, I kind of suspected you didn't mean it that way really. Just that there's a lot of us on this board who fall into that catogory. :)

beakboo said:
That's alright James, I kind of suspected you didn't mean it that way really. Just that there's a lot of us on this board who fall into that catogory. :)

Yes, me being one of them.

Of my two friends-since-school types one has bipoler depresion and is into self harm and the other is seeing a theripist after a suicidal spell easrlier in the year. And me? I just keep on keeping on as Bob put it.

I have the power to know when someone I dont want to talk to is gonna phone me & then ignore the phone & let the ansafone deal with them.

I can also tell when I am being watched. Sadly :eek!!!!: I get that feeling constantly.

They are onto me :madeyes:

Chriswsm said:
I have the power to know when someone I dont want to talk to is gonna phone me & then ignore the phone & let the ansafone deal with them.

I can also tell when I am being watched. Sadly :eek!!!!: I get that feeling constantly.

They are onto me :madeyes:

'A paranoid is someone who knows what's going down' William S. Burrows.

I used to have a special power of keeping sick peeps alive. I had a job involving home visits, mostly to terminally ill and otherwise very feeble folk.
In the three years I did that job, not one patient died on me. Yet as soon as I left, the people who took over my job found patient after patient dead in bed!

I was kind of reverse Dr Shipman.........

I have the special power of becoming communication invisible, or maybe communication forgettable is the better way of putting it. I can post messages to message boards, and the thread will die, or my relevant, witty and informative post will be ignored even if it includes the answer to the question that started the thread ! I can e-mail people, or write to them, and have no reply until I call them up, even if the subject is important to their jobs! I have friends who I have known for years and who enjoy spending time with me (or are excellent actors), but we'll only talk if I call them, and their first sentence is always, "We were going to call you!", and we'll talk for many hours, but then we won't speak again until I call them again.

Unfortunately, this ability does not include immunity from spam, tele-sales, or mass mailings.

Call me "Captain, Er...?" No, actually, just call me. Someone? Please?

Delbert said:
I have the special power of becoming communication invisible, or maybe communication forgettable is the better way of putting it. I can post messages to message boards, and the thread will die, or my relevant, witty and informative post will be ignored even if it includes the answer to the question that started the thread ! I can e-mail people, or write to them, and have no reply until I call them up, even if the subject is important to their jobs! I have friends who I have known for years and who enjoy spending time with me (or are excellent actors), but we'll only talk if I call them, and their first sentence is always, "We were going to call you!", and we'll talk for many hours, but then we won't speak again until I call them again.

Unfortunately, this ability does not include immunity from spam, tele-sales, or mass mailings.

Call me "Captain, Er...?" No, actually, just call me. Someone? Please?

Hey, Delbert, same here . . . . Delbert? Delbert????? Oh, bugger it!

Carole

'S'okay, Carole, I'm still here! Wait, you mean you can see me? Oh joy!

I'd forgotten to mention my girlfriend's assorted super-powers, which I shall present below under appropriate identities:

Mild-Static-Shock Girl has the ability to generate mild electrical fields which make any but clockwork watches fail, cause painful stinging on physical contact and do strange things to electronics, including, on one occasion, making a computer switch from presenting menu items in English to presenting them in German!

Allergy-Transmission Woman - I'm fine around dogs and cats, but my girlfriend's allergic to them, unless we're both around them together, when I get the allergy symptoms and she's fine! (This has also occured with other things, which I can't remember exactly at the moment, but they were ailments which she has which I would display the symptoms of while she would be fine. I think that witchcraft may be at work!)

You know, the more I take part in this board, the more I find out that things which I took to be parts of ordinary life are actually considered to be strange, and that I've lived a moderately bizarre lifetime so far:confused:

My superpower

I have the power to make people ask me what I am thinking when my mind is a complete blank. Conversely, when I am thinking deep thoughts, or reading something difficult, they think that I am doing nothing. At least my father would always come into the room while I was reading Nietzsche or something and say "You're not doing anything, mow the lawn."

I may also have the power to become invisible while reading. Once I was curled up in an armchair reading, and my mother came into the room, looked around (the chair was in plain view) and said "***** isn't in here, he must be outside."

I was also locked into the school library once although I was in plain sight.

Back