• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's Your Superhero Special Power?

Is it unusual to be able to smell blood? Maybe I should have it on my
CV. Well it's already on my contract with the hornèd one. I had always
taken the metallic scent to be the iron in it.

I can't be sure about snow - probably not. It will remain one of those joys
I will never know - like having a baby's head in one's cervix. :rolleyes:

People always apologise if they swear in front of me. Everyone does that and it's quite nice actually. :)

Look! There on the Bus! It's Bicycle Repair Man!

I haven't got a super power, as such. But, I am allergic to green, red and gold kryptonite.:(

I can confuse people with my accent - be it in French or English. And telling English-speaking people that I'm Belgian when my accent is mostly American (but not quite) is an endless source of amusement. :D

I can also smell snow, blood and pretty much everything else you care to throw at me.:(

Sally said:
And telling English-speaking people that I'm Belgian when my accent is mostly American (but not quite) is an endless source of amusement. :D

God, not another one. You seem normal though.

Another what? And normal? I've never been so insulted in my life...

'Normal' never really sprang to my mind in relation to you, right enough...

I mean normal in the way that you don't bore the shit out of us and make us want to kill you.

Just the one, but she's a nightmare. I hope you're not related to her. :eek!!!!:

Unlikely. Not that my relatives aren't hideous, but they're not very cosmopolitan. Unless she works in Brussels, that is... :eek!!!!:

I'm the only one on this side of the pond. And I'm in Wales - they get very shirty if you go on about England round here. Got American cousins, though.

Thank God:likee:

I was dreading having to break to you the grim reality of this person.

:D Some other time Sally. She really is special and I'm saving her up. She'll be my piece de resistance.

Spooky angel said:
The vampire one, comedy. I guess it isn't a fave or you'd know! :p

I'm just V bad at remembering the titles of specific episodes ... :) and aren't all episodes supposed to be our favourites :D

Remebered another of my girlfriend's special powers: when abroad she is immediately identified as English even before she says a word. And we have never worn a Union Flag or cross of St.George, or sloganny shirts written in English (although that's not really an indicator these days), so cannot think what external signs there could be!

It's not pasty green skintone, from our long hot summers is it?:D

LobeliaOverhill said:
I'm just V bad at remembering the titles of specific episodes ... :) and aren't all episodes supposed to be our favourites :D

Only Muldercentric eps. ;)

Spooky angel said:

Let me say that Doggetts introduction in the eighth season gave us probably some of the best episodes since season five.
Mulder will always be the original and best part of The X Files, except for Scully's butt, but Doggett was different and that's why I think he was just as good.
The best episode is still Home, even if it is a slight rip off of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Delbert said:
Remebered another of my girlfriend's special powers: when abroad she is immediately identified as English even before she says a word. And we have never worn a Union Flag or cross of St.George, or sloganny shirts written in English (although that's not really an indicator these days), so cannot think what external signs there could be!

When I was in America, everyone I spoke to knew I was Irish, despite the fact that I actually [having lived there for 20 years] have a Scottish accent .... :blah:

Spooky angel said:

:hmph: have to disagree with you on that one, I got fed up of Mulder years ago, I thought it got better when they brought in Doggett and Reyes ...

over the last 6 months I seem to have picked up the ability to get into the wrong lane at every road junction on roads i'm not familiar with - this seems to be a complete reversal of my previous ability to get into the right lane

Back in the days when home computers used cassette tapes to load programs - I believe we called them the 1980s - I developed the superhero ability to fast-forward or rewind a tape to the start of any program without looking at the counter.

I wish it still worked with videotapes. Thank the VCR god for index searches.

Back