• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's Your Superhero Special Power?

I seem to have the ability to have an affair with an ex GF years after the relationship ends, usually when they have married someone else.

Seems like I have the ability to be a great lover but a crap BF.
Spending too much time on the net might be associated with the latter. :kissers:

LobeliaOverhill said:
:hmph: have to disagree with you on that one, I got fed up of Mulder years ago, I thought it got better when they brought in Doggett and Reyes ...
Skinner is the man for me*growl*

I have the amazing ability to walk into a Pub and have the weirdest guy in the place come over and talk to me and my mates for a good part of the night.......and i wonder why my friends arnt going out much anymore

superhero power?hmmm

I would have to say threadkilling, the ability to be completely misunderstood whilst talking on thread. I do, do it occasionally guys! The ability to practice each and every worst case scenario in my head and have things go perfectly even when events have been out of my hands yet the equal anti ability to have things go belly up when I'm hoping thingswill go well. Don't worry I'll think of more:D

Billyjoe said:
I have the amazing ability to walk into a Pub and have the weirdest guy in the place come over and talk to me and my mates for a good part of the night.......and i wonder why my friends arnt going out much anymore

I have this one! Can I be your sidekick?

I have the ability to get ill every holiday. Not an ability ppl envy me for. :err:

And Caroline, Skinner is rather nice too. I mean I'm strictly a Mulder girl, but have you ever seen Skinner without the shirt on? His muscles have muscles. Hehe ;)

Spooky angel said:
And Caroline, Skinner is rather nice too. I mean I'm strictly a Mulder girl, but have you ever seen Skinner without the shirt on? His muscles have muscles. Hehe ;)

I'm sure you'll like this bloke then spooky:hmm:

my super power is the ability to put everything off untill tomorrow, even if it has to be done today.

That's hideous. :cross eye I like muscles, but not that much. I don't like any body builders. It's nice to know a man's strong, but not when his muscles bulge out like that. Yuck.
Now Harrison Ford in that bit in The Temple of Doom where his shirt is ripped and he's about to cut the bridge. That's the kind of muscle I like. ;)

Spooky angel said:
Oh....Yeah!:blissed:yep, yes, whew yeah, ho boy:blissed:mmmmmmmmm I'm just nipping off to.......erm....oooohhhhh yeeaahhhh! Skinner, no shirt oh boy...........

It worked. :D Hehe

I need a drooling thread here like the one at my MB ...

I can predict when a fire alarm is going to go off. For example, when I was about 12 or 13, my family was staying overnight in a hotel in London. For some reason, I felt compelled to read the fire instructions on the door, and this was noted by my mum, who said something along the lines of "get in your bed instead of reading that, there's never fires anyway".

That night, at around 2am, there was a fire in the kitchen, and the whole hotel had to be evacuated. (Amusingly, while we were all standing shivering in the car park, a Manuel-style chap came out and said "Ladies and gentlemen, hotel are very sorry for this fire drill..." - needless to say, it wasn't well received!)

Anyway, since I've come to my student accommodation here in Edinburgh, we've had 3 fire alarms go off in our building (this time drunken students are to blame rather than fires!). On every occasion, I've thought as I got into bed, "there'll be a fire alarm tonight". I have no idea why it's just fire alarms, but as far as I can see, it's a pretty useful superpower to have!

On another note, I can also do this weird thing with my thumbs becuase they're double jointed. That's probably infinitely more impressive :)

taras said:
On another note, I can also do this weird thing with my thumbs becuase they're double jointed. That's probably infinitely more impressive :)

Weird thing? What's it like?

my special powers

Spiders will seek me out if there's any in the room. It doesn't matter how many people there are besides myself, if there's a spider in the room it will in a short time be either on me or will be discovered creeping across the floor or down the wall toward me. It even happens outside. I'm a spider magnet.

That looks kind of freaky. It looks like you retracted your thumb into your hand a bit? Shame it's not animated!!

I couldn't help noticing the background of Brass Eye DVD and Casio keyboard ;) I used to have a Casio just like that. Does yours still work?

I summon winds (can't get rid of them) and used to summon snow... Hence the nameline. Its not that I can't do it anymore, its just as I've grown older snow days are not the draw they used to be. In fact I've met quite a few other "weather gods" who each have a speciality weather they can invoke, but not others. One of these friends arranged that my wedding day was a balmy 22 degrees still at one o'clock in the morning. Not bad for October.

Precognitive Dreams are another speciality- freaks people out though so I keep that to a minimum - you know let them tell me their name the first time I meet someone 'for real'. Helps out a lot from time to time though. Never been surprised by a life changing event.

Rapid Healing. My entire family heals 10-30% faster than the average of humanity, so profound infact that my great uncle had quite a career as a boxer between the wars. We clot faster than most people as well, but have no history of embolisms in the family. Which is nice. I myself broke my elbow into 12 seperate pieces and managed to regain 95% of the motion back, a fact that confused and amazed the physioterrorist assigned to get me 60% if possible back. I think made especially worse for them in that I only attended the first and last sessions.

Amazing Spatial memory- I have never got lost -at least not without vast amounts of help from someone else who 'knows' the place. If I can read a map or plan, I can then visualize the structure and my place in it perfectly. Good retention as well, one glance of the map and I'm set for days. Aced the object perception/spatial intelligence part of any IQ test because of it.

My wife has a better one though. She has the amazing ability to get anybody (and I really mean ANYBODY ) to talk about sex. I have never seen her fail. I'd trade all my 'super powers' for that one- its so much more fun. Me, I just get slapped if I try it. :)

Strange powers

The day I was diagnosed with MS, a strange power was awakened in me. I attract furniture. Whenever I walk across a room, tables, chairs, coffee tables all throw themselves at me. It can be amusing but, alas, serves no useful purpose whatsoever, other than making the kids laugh. Which is, I suppose, something...:D

Ithaqua- that's not fair, you've got my sense of direction. :mad: I knew I left it somewhere, How the hell did it make it's way to Liverpool?
Keithuk- I can attract coffee tables to my shins as well. I also have the superpower of creating incredible bruises for very little reason. I've had blue finger prints on me before now. Everyone can see where I've been.:p

Darrenxyz said:
That looks kind of freaky. It looks like you retracted your thumb into your hand a bit? Shame it's not animated!!
I would attach a video, but the forum software says it's too big unfortunately.
I couldn't help noticing the background of Brass Eye DVD and Casio keyboard ;) I used to have a Casio just like that. Does yours still work?

This is my second one! :) I had one when I was very young and it broke, and about a year ago I saw this one on ebay and "had to have it!"

Delbert said:
Remebered another of my girlfriend's special powers: when abroad she is immediately identified as English even before she says a word.

I'm not sure what it is, exactly, perhaps its in very subtle things like the manner of walking, but I always know when someone is from England before she or he says a word.

I would have said skin tone, too, but the people from Seattle tend to have the same skin tone (much moisture in the air and no hot weather, except for once or twice a year).

I can tell a Canadian from across the street, and any SF fan from a block away.

I have two special powers

the first is the uncany and down right spooky ability to drive from one end of town to another after a party or a night pubing, during holidays and ride programs, and not be pulled over by the cops.:D

The second is the paranormal ability to have any woman I am attraced to find the man of there dreams by at least the therd date with me. Some times it happens right befor I ask them out.

Elisheva said:
I'm not sure what it is, exactly, perhaps its in very subtle things like the manner of walking, but I always know when someone is from England before she or he says a word.

Now I find myself in the odd position of quoting my own message.

However, after some critical observation, I believe that one thing that gives away who is from England is the very small amount of eye contact between said persons and a much larger "personal" zone than people raised in the US.

I'll keep watching.

Beware...

I can tell the difference between African and West Indian people without hearing them speak. And I have no idea how.:confused:

My powers are growing stronger. I've now developed the ability to summon groups of the most picky and indecisive people on the face of earth, who just make it to the takeaway counter before I do. I can also render mail order goods defective before they arrive, and disappear without trace from customer care systems.
One I've had for some time is the uncanny ability to get a girl to mention her boyfriend within ten seconds of talking to her regardless of the topic of conversation.

Back