• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

When Life Can Be Stranger Than Fiction: 'Lying Wonders, Strangest Things' Book Review

Wreckless

Devoted Cultist
When Life Can Be Stranger Than Fiction: 'Lying Wonders, Strangest Things' Book Review

Science, contrary to what some politicians and some journalists say, is not “settled.” If we truly reached the point at which there was nothing outside our understanding — of nature, our world, or of — we would have no more need of scientists. The process of discovery would stop.

There is, by the very fact that science continues and scientists are still employed, obviously still much out beyond the borders of our knowledge and comprehension. And we have no idea how much we still don’t know.

What would have seemed like magic to our recent ancestors is commonplace today.

Early in his long career, Michael H. Brown was a journalist for the Niagra Falls Gazette. It was there in 1979 that he broke the Love Canal story. That hazardous waste disaster displaced and harmed hundreds, and led to the creation of the superfund law. Since then, Brown has become a best-selling author.

Now comes Lying Wonders, Strangest Things – accounts one after another that are even stranger, the strangest Brown could find anywhere. In some ways, it may be a landmark book.

Is it possible that a school kid in the Philippines vanished in front of an entire classroom? That there are people who emit an electrical charge strong enough to affect electronic equipment and even street lamps? That ice crystals frozen at particular moments can reflect emotions or music? That a slew of rock stars have had encounters with UFOs – and that a UFO crashed in Missouri years before Roswell? Is any of this possible?

In the late 1950s a fascinating book, Stranger Than Science, swept the country. Brown’s book is the bizarre follow-up.

At turns, it’s mystifying and jarring. Is it believable? That’s for the readers to decide on their own terms.

As a natural-born skeptic who spent years at NASA, but also a Christian, I want proof or as close to proof as possible — while also acknowledging that our knowledge is quite limited, while God is not.

Brown set out to find the most paranormal things that have occurred in recent times on this planet we call Earth and did a pretty good job of finding them. It is a compilation of research spanning five decades.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/when-l...n-lying-wonders-strangest-things-book-review/

@Wreckless many thanks for this lead. I'm utterly-hooked by the themes, and ordered the book immediately after reading your cited review.

Seems only to be available as a Kindle download, here in the Untied Kingdom (which I presume is due to some complex combination of the Berne Convention and pressure from the Illuminati) but nevertheless, well-done, keep up the good work, and I should commend your diligence if I ever meet with your supervisor

If i could find a book i would order it, i prefer the feel of one, I do not do kindle, but, i will continue searching, it sounds fascinating, thank you

Back