• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where Are All The Wild Ghost Animals?

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
You know all those animals experiencing the dread of getting eaten alive by bears and other predators. It must be very traumatic and should create hauntings in the forests. Never heard of anything like it. Since people report hauntings by pets and domesticated animals, it should be possible with hauntings of wild animals.

This is a very good question! Perhaps a connection to the dead animal is needed to be haunted by it. Hence hauntings by pets but not random wild animals?

This 1913 book (available online as a Project Gutenberg product) provides an overview of animal ghost accounts extending beyond pets and domestic / farm animals to wild animals.

Elliott O'Donnell
Animal Ghosts Or, Animal Hauntings And The Hereafter
London: William Rider & Son, Ltd., 1913.

An older version can be accessed via the Wayback Machine at:

https://web.archive.org/web/2009040...etexts/gutenberg/dirs/1/8/2/3/18233/18233.htm

The current version can be accessed at:

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/18233/18233-h/18233-h.htm

Most wild animals are shy of humans. How would we tell the difference between a ghost animal and a living one?
Good question. Perhaps they would appear halfway transparent, like human ghosts? People usually recognize a domesticated ghost animal.

Good question. Perhaps they would appear halfway transparent, like human ghosts? People usually recognize a domesticated ghost animal.
The one true full bodied apparition, (thanks ghostbusters) I saw was as solid as a normal person. The fact she vanished was the only clue that she was no longer a living person.

I definitely witnessed a ghost dog fart in my house the other day.
That lingering prescence definitely wasn’t me.

Yup, complete lack of alarm.

Need to work on the ghostly smell, I think.

Back