• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Where?' Growing Up In South Shropshire, Weird Histories, Life & Death

helloSprout

Fresh Blood
Hi all

I'm currently serialising a book called 'Where?' in my zine 'Minor Leagues'. It's possible it'll be of interest to Forteans. It's ostensibly a memoir that explores our connection to a particular place (in this case, the southern bit of the county of Shropshire in the UK), but it covers topics like nature, life, death, place, histories, folklore, ghosts etc. all in service of telling a story about growing up in the countryside, and the recent loss of my father.

As I say, it's not a Fortean book at all, but might contain things that are of interest - there's ghost stories, a bit about seeing a corpse light (or not), stuff about traditions and superstitions, and how these stories relate to who we are. The story is told across comics, prose, drawing, photographs and found archival material.

If you'd like to find out more, lots of details can be found here and instalments purchased here

ML7_cover_preview_flat.jpg02_fireball_frames_flat.png02_hospital.png08_bytheway v2.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 10.58.31.png

Back