• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where Have All The IH2Ms Gone?

AngelAlice

bemused & saddened observer
Hey people, haven't posted here for a while, and am wondering where all the 'IH2M' threads have gone. Whenever we're invited to click on a 'read more' option we just get a 'File Not Found' return...

Like this example here...

What's going on? I want to read these little gems!

(edited to give a link to an example)

I don't think the oldest stories from the original IHTM section were carried over from the last site revamp. With any luck this will be fixed, there were some good accounts there.

I agree with you, it is a bit annoying the stories are missing. I wanted to read "The Red Shorts" on page 53 - sounded quite scary but I can't access it. Why are there never any really scary stories on here anymore? You have to look right back in the archives to find ones that chill you to the bone...but we can't access them at the moment :(

index.php
Sorry you had to wait a decade to hear it, but there's good news ...

As of September 2018 we're conducting a complete sweep of the IHTM section.

The complete text of the original IHTM stories is being retrieved from the Wayback Machine and inserted into the associated threads.

With relatively few exceptions (less than 5% of the affected IHTM threads) they are all being reconstituted for your edification and entertainment.

index.php

The complete text of the original IHTM stories is being retrieved from the Wayback Machine and inserted into the associated threads.

With relatively few exceptions (less than 5% of the affected IHTM threads) they are all being reconstituted for your edification and entertainment.

Good news indeed :nods:

index.php

we're all watching in awe, captain.

Great work guys. Glad that all those posts will now get to live on as intended.

The dusty recesses of the board are like an implausibly large sock drawer.

The IHTM threads are of massively varying quality with a lot of duplication, but they are real in the sense of having been submitted by (in the majority of cases) genuinely puzzled people.

The by-product of Enola's digging them up and reanimating them and my tidying up the titles is that they are all being bumped to postions on the early pages of the sub-forum, showing many people material they might not othewise have stumbled across. Please don't hesitate to start these discussions afresh.

We all owe the man a virtual pint.

:pcheers:

Just want to say thank you for all your hard work, it's very exciting to have new (old!) threads to pour over and it is making my days at work much more bearable but probably less productive!

This is FABULOUS! So much new (or rather, previously unseen) material to scrutinise!

Thanks, chaps.

Thank you for that! That's really great that you found these posts and brought them back. I think these personal accounts are always interesting to read.

The IHTM threads are of massively varying quality with a lot of duplication, but they are real in the sense of having been submitted by (in the majority of cases) genuinely puzzled people.

The by-product of Enola's digging them up and reanimating them and my tidying up the titles is that they are all being bumped to postions on the early pages of the sub-forum, showing many people material they might not othewise have stumbled across. Please don't hesitate to start these discussions afresh.

When the board first started you had to email IHTM posts for approval. I sent in a few that were rejected, presumably as too tall a tale.

They were mainly about Techy's experiences of hauntings at his then workplace. He'd tell me and I'd write it up and send it off right away, only to be told it wasn't going to appear on the site.

Hot off the press genuine hauntings, refused on sight! Most Haunted'd've bitten my HAND off.

Eventually the threads were opened for people to post on and the weirdness flooded in.

Thank you, Enola and Mods, for this fine effort. It is a great enhancement.

Here, here!

Have one yourself, too, Yith, fantastic job :clap:

index.php

Yay - this is terrific news, worth waiting for :curt:

May I make a suggestion about how to format the restored posts?

Maybe instead of adding the full text lower down the thread you could just remove the dead link in the original and add the full text there?

That way the whole story is available at the top of the thread

May I make a suggestion about how to format the restored posts?

Maybe instead of adding the full text lower down the thread you could just remove the dead link in the original and add the full text there?

That way the whole story is available at the top of the thread

Yes, that approach occurred to me, but I rejected it. The main reason was that this represented changing the content of a prior post, in contrast to merely annotating it. There were cases where this would have made certain original posters' comments appear nonsensical.

In any case, they're all done now. The resurrection-of-lost-content pass through the IHTM section was completed a week or so ago.

Back