• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where Was Bush When He First Heard About 9/11?

Conners_76 said:
Bush's reaction was very much what you'd expect. He was scarcely going to jump up and show panic: he acted in a considered, statesman like fashion as he took in what he was being told.

Certainly he didn't watch the first plane strike the South Tower live, but if it's been reported that he claimed this, it just reflects the confusion we all experienced as events unfolded. He obviously meant the second plane.

C'mon, he was reading a book about a goat!!! Who wouldn't want to see what happens at the end?
Goats people! GOATS! Everything they do is exciting that's why people have sex with them.

I think you're reading too much into stuff again, Adam.

Perhaps, but you need better arguments than "he read a story about a goat".

Do you think they'd start leaping around and shouting "DEFCON 1! SHIT!" in the middle of a classroom? As has been mentioned, keeping people calm is as much a part of crises like this as is retaliation.

Jack S's summarisation of the rest seems sensible.

America was under attack. The Preseident, fully aware of this proceeded to read a story about a goat. There was no exchange between him and his Chief of Staff Andy Card or anyone else for that matter. There should have been. Why wasnt there?

He also clearly says that he got on to the phone to air force one to 'find out the facts'.

Nope, wrong

He said he got on the phone FROM Airforce One.

Adam, once again your favourite sum keeps comin up. Believe me 2 plus 2 does not equal 5.

May I suggest you examine at least a ballanced opinion and stop taking 'whatreallyhappened.com' and your icke sights as 'truth'.

You are just as guilty of deception and disinformation as those who you target as 'sinister people' if you don't portray accurate and unbiased theories.

It's one thing to challenge the reported 'truth' but a whole new ballpark when you start peddling paranoid tripe.

Edward said:
He said he got on the phone FROM Airforce One.

Right... that has absoloutly no bearing on the point I am making. Did he finish the story about the pet goat before he took the call, Edward?

Adam

He was ON the plane when he MADE the call. Presumably thousands of feet in the air miles away from the school. The problem with your assumptions is that

A. you havn't read the transcript properly and
B. there is no time line what-so-ever

so your conclusion are without any foundation.

Maybe being told such little information (ie, another plane's hit, looks like terrorism, which is what I'm presuming it was at that point) he didn't want to alarm the world by suddenly leaping up and flapping around in the middle of a televised trip to a school. Therefore he finished what he was doing. He didn't want to alarm people unduly until the facts were known.

I'm not an expert on American governmental policy at times of crisis, so I can't say this for certain. However, I doubt the fact he finished reading a story to a group of kids means anything at all.

Please Adam, just think about it for a minute.

Card: "The WTC's been attacked, sir"

Bush: (mock surprise) "Really? Anyway, there was this goat..."

It didn't happen like this.

And, Adam, if the "truth" is so mindbogglingly obvious as all this (and Israeli uniforms), then why is only ever you that gets excited about it?

My god... so what have we established so far....

1. That he lied about watching the first plane hit the tower.

2. That once aware that America was under attack he did not give out the orders 'and get the facts' until after he had finished his televised reading of the goat story.

Edward said:
He was ON the plane when he MADE the call. Presumably thousands of feet in the air miles away from the school.

How on earth does that change the fact that he did all this after he finished reading the story about the goat.

2. That once aware that America was under attack he did not give out the orders 'and get the facts' until after he had finished his televised reading of the goat story.

How long do you think it takes for the relevent authorities to come up with 'the facts'.

Bush mentions that he was under the impression that it was a 'terrible accident' at first, so i imagine he requested a fact find.
At this point what reason would he have for thinking it is an attack on america?
He then starts reading the kids a storey and is interupted at some point with the news that the second plane has hit.
He then finishes the storey assuming, quite rightly, that his staff will have started the fact finding mission in order for him to make decisions, and makes his way to Air Force One at which point he's able to review that facts and give his orders.

What's the problem? Perhaps i'm being stupid but for once it seems cut and dried. Adam ?

Edward said:
Bush mentions that he was under the impression that it was a 'terrible accident' at first, so i imagine he requested a fact find.

No, the 'terrible accident' part was refering to after the first plane hit. After the second plane hit it was clear there was no accident.

At this point what reason would he have for thinking it is an attack on america?

:confused: Maybe becuase his chief of staff had just told him it was.

He then finishes the story assuming, quite rightly, that his staff will have started the fact finding mission in order for him to make decisions, and makes his way to Air Force One at which point he's able to review that facts and give his orders.

He already has the 'fact' that it is a terrorist attack. A large one at that. It's at this point that Bush is required to make the first decisions. Like... er.. I dunno... put the military on alert. Oh wait, he did say that was the first thing he did once he was aware there was a terrorist attack (not after he had all the 'facts', just after he was a aware there was a large terrorist attack) but of course there was no exchange between him and anyone else for (if you believe some sources) 20 minutes.

What was he supposed to do, Adam? Slip into a phone booth and change into his cape and spandex? Andrew Card was already on top of the situation. They have steps planned out in case of emergencies, and the last thing he should've done is lost his cool, freaking out in front of school children. He had to remain confident for them, that "Hey, the world's not ending" (although it was a bit shakey for a bit, there [we're not used to terrorism]). Like I said, his staff was already on it like white on rice, and they do all the real work, anyway.

This is a straw man argument. I am not saying that Bush should of put on a cape then proceeded to run around in circles shouting 'dont panic'. I'm saying that he should of carried out his presidential duties first.

Straw man or not, it's true, even if it appears to pervert the laws of logic. The fact is, the Cabinet are experts. Thy tell the Prez what is the best course of action, and he makes the final call.

When Andy Card told Bush what he did, it was implied they had no info, other than a second plane had struck the other tower. They weren't even aware of the other planes, at that point, that's how little info they had at their disposal. So, Andy's on the job, info-gathering. How would George best serve his nation? By relaxing and not wigging out. I mean, how was he to react, when the culprits were still unknown and the dust hadn't even settled? There were planes still unaccounted for, so it was still going on. What was he supposed to do, when he had no real idea what was occurring?

If his remarks don't jibe 100%, keep in mind how crazy that day was, Adam. Even for normal people, like myself; I'm not entirely certain I could name everyone I spoke to that day about it, much less the order I spoke to them. Forget about verbatim quotes of our conversations, because it's impossible.

It's easy to believe his details are a bit off, without a hidden agenda being remotely involved.

Adam, as I have said before, I cannot take any of you allegations seriously until you provide me with a credible motive why the Commander in Chief would authorise an attack on not only of his countries most famous landmarks, but also the seats of his military and political power.
Why the f@@K would he want his own house blown up?
Any half decent conspiracy theroy must have a credible motive , that's why JFK has run and run, so many people wanted him dead that they had to form an orderly queue at Dealy Plaza.
Until then its nothing but paranoia for paranoia's sake.

Firstly, even after the second tower was hit, it wasn't assumed that it was a terrorist attack. I remember at the time reading one forum where people were posting stuff as it all happened, and even then people thought that it was still an accident. No-one anywhere at the time said that America was 'under attack'. Only when the Pentagon was hit did people start to really worry. Before, all sorts of theories were coming out - mostly about some failure in the air-traffic control system. The confusion about what was still actually going was understandable, hence no scrambling of Air National Guard or USAF jets in the early stages of the events that took place.

GWB may have acted in the way he did simply because he, like practically everyone else at the time, didn't really know what was going on and didn't know how to get a handle on the situation straight away. Hardly suprising, considering the uniqueness of the attack. And it could be argued that GWB is not particularly on the ball all of the time. The US's attitude to counter-terrorism has always been pretty poor, and the big holes in the domestic security net allowed the WTC attackers to slip through. With hindsight it's easy to point at events and say 'Aha!', nod sagely and assume alot of things were going on that weren't.

JerryB said:
Firstly, even after the second tower was hit, it wasn't assumed that it was a terrorist attack.

Andrew Card wispered in Bush's ear "A second plane has hit the tower. America is under attack'. I think the Chief of Staff was pretty clued up as to what was happening.

Jerry, Mr Card and his buddies could have been a Lizard man, or an anunaki, or even a zionist, or perhaps he just had some deal arranged with the oil companies. Perhaps he was part of the elite using 9/11 to furtther his agenda of the NWO. This thread isnt about motives, there are plenty others to bring up if you want to continue it though.

Can we all aggree that when there has been a major attack like this, the first thing Bush should of done is at least put the military on alert (like he claimed). There was still enough 'facts' for Bush to make the first decisions. IMHO Bush should have been wisked off as Card told him what had happened. It may be a bit rude... but... I'm guessing they would understand.

Adam Rang said:
Can we all aggree that when there has been a major attack like this, the first thing Bush should of done is at least put the military on alert (like he claimed). There was still enough 'facts' for Bush to make the first decisions. IMHO Bush should have been wisked off as Card told him what had happened. It may be a bit rude... but... I'm guessing they would understand.

Yes, but Bush didn't do what he perhaps should've done, but what's the big deal? If I'm not mistaken, he's not the first inept head of state/politician in history. And if he talked bollocks after the fact, there's not much that can be done about it now. It's seems to me that you chose to believe some things he says (i.e. what Card said to him), but not others things he says (in general). What politicians do in any given situation and what we expect of them don't always meet ;)

Conspriacy at any cost.

Adam

You are assuming that:

a. we know EXACTLY the words which Card used
b. Bush is the ONLY person who has the authority to put the military on alert
c. the sequence of events is EXACTLY as they report

It amazes me how in one thread you'll argue that the government can NEVER be trusted yet your argument here is based on the reported words of Bush who is at least under the influence of his spin doctors and at worst a 12foot lizard.

You constantly choose evidence that will help your conspiratorial arguement yet ignore other evidence which will lead you closer to the truth. If you're gonna be anything, at leat be consistant.

No, I'm the consistent one, as we can se its Bush who is inconsistent. The words that were said to Bush according to Bush were "A second plane has hit, America is under attack. So what if he's lying? What else would Card have told him? "A second plane has hit, probably an accident, keep reading about the goat". I think its most likely that in a sane world Card would have said the first. It was to the people with power blindingly obvious that this was a terrorist attack. The reason why you think I'm being inconsistent is becuase I'm bringing the conspiracy down from the center... using what was suppose to have happened to point out that it didnt happen. If we are to believe that Bush simply lied or forgot what was actually said then does anyone really think that Crd would of said anything much different than another plane has hit, its a terrorist attack.

The only thing that all of this puts across is that GWB was inconsistent in his version of events following the attacks. Not really that big a deal, if one takes into account that he's generally not on the ball. I fail to be suprised by any of this.

No, I'm the consistent one
Really, one minute you attack everthing that the US government has said as being lies the next you are asking us to believe that what was reported by the Whitehouse is absolutely true because its the pivitol point of your argument. That is certainly not consistent.

I think its most likely that in a sane world Card would have said the first ie. A second plane has hit, America is under attack
Nobody is arguing whether he said these exact words or not the point is:
Q. Exactly what do you expect Bush to do? and
Q. Where or what is the conspiracy?

The reason why you think I'm being inconsistent is becuase I'm bringing the conspiracy down from the center... using what was suppose to have happened to point out that it didnt happen.
Q. What didn't happen?

I think its most likely that in a sane world Card would have said the first
Adam, when considering some of the unbelievable conspiracy theories you promote how can you possibly think that we live in a 'sane' world.

Worth Thinking About

"The right wing benefited so much from September 11 that, if I were still a conspiratorialist, I would believe they'd done it." --Norman Mailer

"It's getting to the point that I don't believe anything until the government denies it." -- Jim Marrs

"Whether it is a democracy, a dictatorship, or a parliament... the
people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders... All you
have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
It works the same in any country."
_
--Herman Goering

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities
committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity
for not even hearing about them."

-- George Orwell

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

--Thomas Jefferson

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, no question about it."
-- George Walker Bush, July 26, 2000

"It is not possible to define.
Nothing has ever been finally found out.
Because there is nothing final to find out."
~~Charles Fort

Edward said:
Really, one minute you attack everthing that the US government has said as being lies the next you are asking us to believe that what was reported by the Whitehouse is absolutely true because its the pivitol point of your argument. That is certainly not consistent.

I think you've missed the boat completly here. The whole point of what I was saying was to show the lies that were being drummed out by Bush.

Q. Exactly what do you expect Bush to do?

Dont look at me, I'm not the president of the United States of America. um... Perhaps he should of put the military on alert?

Q. Where or what is the conspiracy?

The fact that he was involved in the orchastration of these events.

Q. What didn't happen?

That he didnt carry out any presidential duties at the time.

Adam, when considering some of the unbelievable conspiracy theories you promote how can you possibly think that we live in a 'sane' world.

er... I think you've missed this point as well.

"I think its most likely that in a sane world Card would have said the first."

By 'sane' I was referring to the world in which normal people live. The world where Islamic terrorists bent on the destruction of American freedom knocked down the WTC.

I know all lovers of consiricy theorys will shoot me down for saying this but...
Maybe, just maybe binladen's mob did do it, afterall they seam to have a motive ok iratinal hatrid of the USA isn't a good motive but it's probaly more fitting than "the lizardmen/nwo did it to spite us theory" and don't fogeget binladen has even said he did it, not long after as well R. Read who was a member of alQ. tryed to light his shoes and now we have an attempted alQ. hijacker pleading guilty.

If it was bush organising all this he is much more clever than he gets credit for:rolleyes: has he been feining stupidity?

Oll_Lewis said:
they seam to have a motive

Actually Bin Laden is against attacking women and children even in battle.

and don't fogeget binladen has even said he did it

Not to my knowldge.

not long after as well R. Read who was a member of alQ

You sure about that?

and now we have an attempted alQ. hijacker pleading guilty.

Incorrect. He changed his plea when the jugde told him what a guilty plea was. Not joking. Yeah, and this intelligent guy helped orchastrate september 11th.

Adam Rang said:
Actually Bin Laden is against attacking women and children even in battle.

Ah that would be why he didn't object to their mistreatment under the Tallaban. evidently execution isn't being attacked it's just a difference of opinion:rolleyes:
It's the Quaran that is against attacking women and children, this is not something bin laden subscribes to as is in evidence in other terrorist actions he has carryed out. can you name one alQ. attack in which women and children have not been harmed, Adam?

and don't fogeget binladen has even said he did it

Not to my knowldge.

What was the video then? scotch mist? What about his aperances on aljazera?

R. Read who was a member of alQ

You sure about that?

well I guess we only have his word for that, the investigations evidence, what was found on the alQ. computer in afganistan and the fact that British inteligence were looking for him :rolleyes:
well call me gullible but that was enougth to make me quite sure.

and now we have an attempted alQ. hijacker pleading guilty.

Incorrect. He changed his plea when the jugde told him what a guilty plea was. Not joking. Yeah, and this intelligent guy helped orchastrate september 11th.

He did not want to change his plea even after the judge told him what would happen to him, because he sees himself as a marter to the cause like the hammas suicide bombers in palistine do, he in fact only changed his plea when the judge told him if he pleaded guilty there would be no nead for evidence and he would therefore not be able to tell his side of the story or say his motives.
If you had payed attention to news reports you would know that.

anyways IMO there are more important things than pointing the finger of blame for 911 at anything that quivers. in some disasters there is bags of evidence to link it to the government but not in this case; reading "the billy goats gruff" to a bunch of kiddies dose not a conspiricy theory make (it's been done before, think nero think fiddle which is where this storys roots lie I think)and the guy has spin doctors that tell him to lie to the people in order to sound good, big deal! most leaders have them. I think somthing may be being made out of nothing here.

Back