• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where Was Bush When He First Heard About 9/11?

Adam Rang said:

The top story is bizzare. It takes two dictionary definitions for "somber" and then tries to tell us:

Now it appears that the somber reaction of President Bush is perhaps more revealing than at first glimpse. If the President "briefly turned somber" and "spoke briefly and somberly about the terrorist attacks," then the reporters were describing both his demeanor and speech as being shadowy, obscure, dark, unreal, without light, and suspicious. Was this a mistaken word of description, or were they accurately reporting what they saw and observed?

Anyone else confused? That has to be the stupidest conclusion I have ever seen made. Ever.

Nice to see that Adam still has an outlet for his wibbling skills...! :rolleyes:

Now you're definately contributing rynner :)

It was 99% likely a terrorist action - the only thing Bush done was what he always does - screw up then rely on his spin docs to clear up the mess.

Terrorists?

If it was terrorists, then they had to have been the most sophisticated, well-controlled and well-trained group of terrorists ever to fall from a Tom Clancy wet dream.

Much easier to believe 9/11 was either planned or allowed by CIA and so on down the alphabet-soup agency line.

As for W, he's a blithering puppet of no consequence to anyone.

Re: Terrorists?

FraterLibre said:
If it was terrorists, then they had to have been the most sophisticated, well-controlled and well-trained group of terrorists ever to fall from a Tom Clancy wet dream.

If it was govenment agents/ military, then they had to have been the most sophisticated, well-controlled and well-trained group of Govenment agents ever to fall from a Chris Carter wet dream.

er.. yeah Oll, the difference is that the CIA are a bit more upmarket than the terrorists anyway. Their base of operations is AF-bloody-GANISTAN for gods sake!

ah good point... but were talking about the type of terrorists that you see in hollywood.

Ah...Americans with tea-towels on their heads and appalling accents?

Adam Rang said:
er.. yeah Oll, the difference is that the CIA are a bit more upmarket than the terrorists anyway. Their base of operations is AF-bloody-GANISTAN for gods sake!

"AF-bloody-GANISTAN" when the taliban were in power was just about the best base of operations a teriorist organisation could have wished for;
1) no tv/ radio news makes for an eisaily manipulated population (start a roumour that us is poised to nuke em or something and hay presto word of mouth would get you thosands of recruts from people who have no way of knowing if it's a lie)
2) a govenment that protects you because of your billionaire founder paying them lots of much neaded money.
3) eaisaly available cheep arms from the former soviete union on your northan border.
4) lots of hard to navigate terrain.
5) caves so deap that the us neaded to use lots of daisy cutter bombs to cave them in.
6) local warlords who may be in the dark about international events due to lack of broadcasting willing to give you arms to help out against their enamys.
7) if it all go's balls up it's easy to disapear just put on a burka, pretending to be female and head to the border.

nead I go on? afganisan was a terorist paradise!

Matters Nil

Simply doesn't matter what any of us say or think or even talk ourselves into believing. We'll never know, and we'll all find out.

After all, oxymorons rule.

Inver - never meant to credit only the Ops boys from Langley, they obviously had major help.

Re: Matters Nil

FraterLibre said:
Simply doesn't matter what any of us say or think or even talk ourselves into believing. We'll never know, and we'll all find out.

After all, oxymorons rule.

True:)

Why would any professional spook sign on for a sucidie mission. I know pay is bad in MI6/Mossad/Department of Pre Crime, but it can't be that bad.

Whilst partially subscribing to your view Conners wasn't this (as Cammo also points out)

We know the seat numbers of the terrorists on one flight, who turned out to be members of Al Qaeda (sp?).

severely in doubt. Didn't the wife of the solicitor general describe (LIVE) the highjackers as coming from completely diffrent seats to the ones claimed by the authorities after the carshes?

Adam

I fear you have a lot to learn about assuming a new identity. NOT Posting your old name at the bottom of your posts is rule No. 1. ;)

Nine Eleven New Boy Group?

I'm with Adam on this stuff. There are far too many convenient coincidences, far too many unanswered questions, and far too much that can't be explained away.

Of course, soon Nine Eleven will be a new boy band and a few weeks after that no one will remember where they got their name...

We modern naked primates have a narrow cursor and virtually no attention span.

those who ignore history are condemned to be forced to repeat it

From Another Source

A pal of mine at a Yahoo email group wrote this:

What does Patriotism have to do with tyranny?

This has nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with a
delibarate attempt at destroying the U.S. Constitution. Ashcroft,
during his interview with Congress before he became Attorney General,
stated that he did not believe in the constitution, but he would
defend it if he had to. I cannot believe that he got the position.

What does the Guildford Four have in common with the Sept. 11
detainees? The citizens of Britain and the citizens of the US are
afraid. Fear turns off the brain. When Sept. 11 was new, Ashcroft
had pretty much free reign because the US citizenry was terrified it
would happen again. Baby-Doc's administration did everything it
could to keep the fear going. The director of the FBI kept warning
about terrorist attacks that never happenned. Crossing the Bay
Bridge from the East Bay to San Francisco, I got to see camo clad
soldiers with machine guns. And I'll tell you this, those National
Guardsmen scared me more than the destruction of the World Trade
Towers.

However, Sept 11 is now 11 months old. There have been no more
terrorist attacks. We have discovered that not only did France,
Saudi Arabia, and parts of the FBI warn the Bush Administration of
the Sept. 11 attack, but other US intelligence asgencies were
monitoring Osama's cell phone conversations.

Had the Bush administration listened to our own intelligence
services, the World Trade Towers would still be standing, there would
be thousands of US citizens and thousands of Afghanies still alive.
The US would not have this tremendous deficeit, and Baby-Doc would be
impeached right now for Enron. Do the math.

Towards the beginning of this group, Igor and Merlin warned us not to
trust an administration who blatently stole the election, and not to
trust a supreme court whose members have family connections to the
Bush business interests. It would seem that the evidence is on their
side.

Patriotism and National loyalty is not such a bad thing. 23
organizations dedicated to preserving the Constitution are not
letting Baby-Doc's administration literally get away with murder. At
least not without a fight.

"DON'T SAY ANYTHING YET"

A fascinating article here which uses various news sources to piece together the events of what Bush labelled "an interesting day."

a link to CNN's transcript

from shortly after the second plane hits (no times given)
HARRIS: I want to bring up a couple points if I may. We have been told that President Bush has been informed of this incredible tragedy happening in New York. He did have an event scheduled at 9:00 this morning, which we were going to cover here, and he has just canceled that event. We expect he will have some comments fairly soon, and we will bring those to you live the moment that we understand he is available. But I'd like to ask you once again, Ira, if I can get to back asking you about this particular crash. Is it possible that those who are tracking planes, either at La Guardia, can give us some more information about exactly what happened here. Were these planes I guess using beacons to come in, or was there some sort of identification of these planes, as they approach the New York area?

Re: "DON'T SAY ANYTHING YET"

Dark Detective said:
A fascinating article here which uses various news sources to piece together the events of what Bush labelled "an interesting day."

Excellent site that raises many questions.

I was working on a news show in manchester when all this happened and we monitored sky news pretty much 24/7. The first plane hit just as people were returning from their lunches, it wasn't televised but the pictures came up pretty soon afterwards with some 'breaking news' announcement. it was shortly after the pictures were televised that the second plane flew into the tower, that was live on tv. They cut to shots of Bush a bit later on in the day when they did the round up of reactions. the shots show bush in a school talking/reading to kids. A black security officer comes to him, leans over his shoulder and speaks in his ear, bush then gives a very funny kind of grin then gets up and leaves the kids. That is the moment that I believe he heard of the attacks.

post September 11th (yeah I'm British! lol), have you noticed a certain craze amoung news Tv stations? every bloody one of them flashes up large breaking news banners when any story is relitavly new. no matter how large or small. I hate it.

Back