• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

White Dog Poo?

Well, my Grandfer lived through those times, and that was his version of it. In the movie 'Stepbrothers', a schoolboy bully makes the wretched brother (a man in his 40's) lick a white dog turd. Seems said scat was a local landmark.

Since there are people who get all verklempt about dog dung, I keep an eye out for stray deposits. Most of my neighbors are very good about cleaning up(I get them is I have enough bags, something less for the local grouches to rave about) and have noticed it takes several weeks for a turd to achieve the chalky whiteness.

And that's the last I'm going to say about dog turds or other assorted dung!

Actually, I was moved to examine the first post in this thread(from 2003) where I discovered a very rational explanation of the process.

Sun bleaching.

Maybe, the reason e see less white dog dung is that people clean up after the doggies, and the sun doesn't get enough time to bleach the turd.

And now, enough of turds and dung! The Loch Ness Monster is on the loose, every good Fortean is needed to support Nessie!

I remember, as a young child one gloriously hot summer's day in the early 80s, seeing on a patch of grass a dog dirt that was half white and half dark emerald green.

As I gazed in delight at it, two guys in their late teens walked past. One of them walked over to the grass to see what fascinated me so much, then turned and bellowed to his friend "A GREEN AND WHITE SHITE".
"Oh," said his friend, and they walked on.

Ah, the memories.

Last edited:
I believe the white dog turd was on its way out in the 80s, it was fairly common during the 1970s and a while ago in this esteemed place I decided to research the reason for its demise:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/i-remember-it-well.58520/page-14#post-1905372
Yes! And likewise, I was compelled fairly recently to research why it existed and its demise in recent history. One answer: animal bones.

Dogs used to be fed a lot of bones, because they were free/cheap and widely available. Once out the other end = white poo. People now eschew giving their pets big raw bones and prefer to feed their furry darlings organic duck paté with added probiotics, or summat similar. Maybe that's the reason for frenzied dog attacks? They just want to crunch a few bones and use their canines!

I can't recall seeing any white pup poo post-1982

As a responsible forum member I must report a sighting of white dog poo.

here (google view map)

Under the tree at the top left corner of the Bristol novelty building.

My work here is done. I shall return to the West and remain, forever, pandacracker.
That one's a beauty! well spotted pandacracker :salute:

Back