• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Are Psychics Talking To?

Psychics can talk to

Themselves- Basically fakers, who charge money to a gullible or emotionally vulnerable public.

Demons - They can be evil ones pretending to be the soul of a departed person.

An angel or the soul of righteous person or deceased person can visit someone, but I am highly doubtful whether anyone who styles themselves as a psychic can have these experiences.
I agree with the first two possibilities.

I have had experience with the third possibility, so am convinced it is possible. I don't have any understanding of all the circumstances in which this happens. I only have my own personal experience. I will not get into specifics as it is private.

I think that almost all self-styled psychics are frauds or deluded if they think they can willfully initiate contact with dead people.

I think people are getting mixed up between psychics and fortune tellers, they often get mixed up, but are or should be completely different things

Psychics supposedly talk to the soul of the deceased person, and try and give identifying information, they don't really predict the future, a fortune teller uses cards, tea leaves etc, in order to divine the future

We can all talk to dead people.

Grief counsellors might advise the bereaved to address their deceased loved one as if they were present in the room.

Just articulating one's shock and sorrow over a death can help.

The question is whether the dead can hear us, and especially if they are capable of replying.

That's the special bit the mediums are peddling.

Supposedly a psych!c was talking on TV once and claimed she did not understand what goes on.

She claimed ideas come to her like flashes of light with no idea where these thoughts come from.

Yes, I have talked with a few people who stated similar experiences: their knowledge came in a flash to them, sometimes accompanied with images of the dead person or whatever. Some of this knowledge was highly specific, accurate, and had no conventional means of transmission, and was confirmed by the seeking person.

To forestall the professional skeptics, the confirmation was days later in a separate communication. It was not developmental, as happens with cold reading frauds.

Supposedly a psych!c was talking on TV once and claimed she did not understand what goes on.

She claimed ideas come to her like flashes of light with no idea where these thoughts come from.
That's how any slightly supernatural stuff has happened to me. A sudden flash of knowing - just like having an idea. But it's always just been that one flash, any kind of follow up was, I suspect, created by my subconscious.

We can all talk to dead people.

Grief counsellors might advise the bereaved to address their deceased loved one as if they were present in the room.

Just articulating one's shock and sorrow over a death can help.

The question is whether the dead can hear us, and especially if they are capable of replying.

That's the special bit the mediums are peddling.
This: https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6759561
A wind phone:), a wonderful idea

Going off topic again . . .
When I first worked in hospitals some of the male staff would proposition younger women in the sluice, where dirty jobs like cleaning bedpans were done.
The place would stink and there'd be excrement present and Ms X would turn round to see Mr Y standing behind her, grinning, with his pants down. HOW romantic.
Sounds like coercion to me, and isn't coerced sex rape? Plus, some sleaze bags who prey on younger (and therefore likely subordinate) co-workers does not equal all male staff at a work place.

Back to the topic:
Catseye's description makes the most sense to me, in the cases of genuine reports of otherwise unknowable information—a flash of knowing with follow up from the subconscious, which I figure may be seeking to make a logical story out of the flash.

Going off topic again . . .

Sounds like coercion to me, and isn't coerced sex rape? Plus, some sleaze bags who prey on younger (and therefore likely subordinate) co-workers does not equal all male staff at a work place.
My point was that the institution's culture at the time permitted such disgraceful behaviour. Women had to deal with it on their own as when one complained, the management response was that she was making it up or she'd started it or she was a troublemaker and so on.*
Among the worst offenders there were apparently respectable married men with families. Any male who wanted to join in with the harassment was free to do so.

As I've mentioned before, one senior staff member rattled me (17/18) so much that I confided in a colleague who I didn't know was the creep's wife's best friend.
Seems she told her pal all about it. Next time I saw Creep he was somewhat downcast and forthwith left me alone. :chuckle:

This was the mid-70s. The place is long demolished. Good riddance.

*The was incidentally the exact reply I had to my complaint about harrassment at work a few years ago, when I was over 60. :dunno:

You know when we have mysteries like the missing Malaysian Airline and generally other missing persons do they not come through to psychics and tell them what happened ?

It could be that this life is not that particularly important and is soon forgotten once you move on

Back