• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Spotted The First 'Chemtrail'?

The USAF dismisses the accusations as a hoax, but I don't think the accusers were intent on hoaxing anybody, they unfortunately actually believe it. And I don't think You Tube has given the idea a fillip, it's part of the seething pool of conspiracy theories that's been there for years. Actually until you dug it up I thought that this was a conspiracy theory that had pretty well run it's course, except for the hard core loons.

What's this got to do with the guy who shot a holocaust museum guard? Again you're making a connection without evidence - between chem-trailers and holocaust deniers who are deluded enough to kill. I'm surprised you haven't shoehorned The Dark Knight into it as well.

Timble2 said:
I'm surprised you haven't shoehorned The Dark Knight into it as well.

Oh, I'm working on it. Chemtards often are 9/11 deniers, believers in the NWO and Holocaust deniers. Their "supersize" philosophy is: "Why limit yourself to one lousy cheap conspiracy theory when you can load up on half a dozen for the same price?" Belief in marine frogs is optional.

You can verify this by just visiting the channel pages of the YouTube posters in question and with their tendancy to counter arguments against one conspiracy theory with arguments for another conspiracy theory.

And they all hate Obama, of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yiQXPOO1Yo

Please stop with the blanket racist comments. You are using the same methods that racists use to justify their hate to hate. You use any story or theory to further your own agenda of hate against a political party and then condemn ct's for using multiple theories to compile their theories.

It is pointless to argue with someone so close minded. take care

:(

tonyblair11 is quite correct. There's no need for any disparaging remarks about race, colour, or nationality. Such a discourse, dependent on massive and largely inaccurate, generalisations, quickly becomes very monotonous.

P_M.

Well, speaking from my side of the Atlantic, my theory is this:

1. Chemtards are white, poor and ignorant. They never looked at the sky in their life. They were too busy playing video games in their parents' basement. They have no intellectual curiosity and no formal education.
2. They saw their first "chemtrail" on YouTube on a fake video shilling for New Age orgone products at about the same time they realized the next president of the United States might be Black.
3. Having nothing better to do and no social life, they got sucked in the whole Internet conspiracy theory culture to the point where they actually cheer a 88-year old antisemite shooting up the security guard at a Holocaust Museum. They have a new hero/martyr.

Timble2 said:
baracine said:

That's satire, and not against Presiden Obama....

Here I go repeating everything twice again for the benefit of Timble2... But that's OK. I'm used to it. I'm the one who posted this last video. I know what it's about. I know it's a satire. I think it's funny. It shows the downside of the American culture right now. Americans have a president they don't deserve.

And I don't know why everybody is ganging up on me for being a racist when one of the most obvious problems with US chemtards that I tried to point out is that they are part of the white, uneducated portion of the population that feels disenfranchised by the election of a Black, intelligent, outspoken, liberal president and they are sublimating their racism and their fear of having their firearms taken away and their fear of the other and change in general through belief in the most outrageous conspiracy theories. That much goes without saying. It's all over the news right now with two consecutive stories about "home-grown terrorists", one who killed an abortionist at the instigation of a right-wing news commentator (Bill O'Reilly) and the other who killed a Black security guard at a Holocaust Museum because he believed Obama would take his precious guns away. Pardon me for being one step ahead of the game here, as usual.

The canuck is true. It's not racist to generalise that most conspiracy theorists are white thickos. They are. It's nothing to do with racism. What's racist about it? Are you trying to say that black people aren't conspiracy theorists? That , if they aren't, it's because they're too busy listening to rap and doing drive by shootings? No, he said it was they, *prodominantly white ignorami* who are the ones likely to shoot a black security guard in the holacaust museum. Rednecks.
One thing though... Leave our Timble alone, or I'll stick a maple leaf up your arse! :D

Anyway

I think most people where only very dimly aware that this was even an active conspiracy theory.
I am generaly of the opinion that it is pointless to argue with people who are deluded enough to believe some of these strange internet memes so they are best left well alone and they will forget about it or die out or move on to something even more bizarre, arguing with them just adds fuel to thier paranoia.
Some of them are dangerous people, armed and so on but arguing with them is not going to stop them going out and shooting people.

baracine has been issued with a second warning for refusing to change tack (after a friendly warning) and for trolling.

Spellbound can't be issued with a warning for using similar lazy stereotyping as already been banned.

P_M.

Notice how the other terrorist attack that happened last week was not mentioned. Why? Because it was a muslim that shot two soldiers at a recruitment center and it does not fit into baracines conspiracy theory.

(my last words to him, I promise)

Just to add, that if you find a Post offensive, for any reason, better to report it, using the button at the top right of the offensive Post, or PM us, rather than risk getting involved in a flame war.

Context is everything. Both the shooting at the Holocaust Museum and the shooting outside the recruitment center, are very far indeed, from the topic under discussion, chemtrails. Any direct relationship, beyond the monumental levels of paranoia apparent, at the moment, would have to be tenuous, to say the least.

I have been warned to change my tack and consider other options as equally valid:
* Chemtrail belief might have nothing to do with being a white, disenfranchised, gun-loving, impoverished, poorly educated, antisemitic, potentially violent Southern US defeated Republican, some of whom are publicly praying for Obama's death, like this this Southern Baptist preacher: http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/a ... -for-obam/
* Chemtrail belief might have nothing to do with the popularity of right-wing political commentators opposed to Obama like professional disinformationist/conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.
* Chemtrail belief might have nothing to do with the availability and popularity of doctored skywatching videos produced for the commercial distribution of New Age products on YouTube (coincidentally produced by the same Alex Jones).

Anything else?

baracine said:
Anything else?

Yes. Why adopt the same beligerent, hubristic and offensive attitude as the conspiracy theorists you attack? It's so utterly pointless and self-defeating.

There must be easier ways to deliver mind controlling substances to your public than dumping a ton of chemicals into the atmosphere. If that's the initial intention of the conspiracy anyway.

This reminds me of the flouride in the water supply that was also popular back in the nineties.

I would post more but I fear for my safety if I say too much 8)

Dr_Baltar said:
baracine said:
Anything else?

Yes. Why adopt the same beligerent, hubristic and offensive attitude as the conspiracy theorists you attack? It's so utterly pointless and self-defeating.

I truly, really, sincerely want to understand this. Are you saying that I am being offensive to white people? Is that what this is about?

baracine said:
I truly, really, sincerely want to understand this. Are you saying that I am being offensive to white people? Is that what this is about?

No, I was referring to the way you treat anyone on the forum whose opinion does not concur with yours. I like a good argument as much as anyone but I just don't get your attitude. You're clearly intelligent and articulate so I just think it's a shame you feel the need to insult and belittle others.

Still, I've undoubtedly been guilty of it myself at some point in the past so perhaps I shouldn't criticise.

Dr_Baltar said:
baracine said:

No, I was referring to the way you treat anyone on the forum whose opinion does not concur with yours. I like a good argument as much as anyone but I just don't get your attitude. You're clearly intelligent and articulate so I just think it's a shame you feel the need to insult and belittle others.

Still, I've undoubtedly been guilty of it myself at some point in the past so perhaps I shouldn't criticise.

I was not aware that I had insulted or belittled anyone except chemtrail believers and no one has mentioned this yet. My warning was worded very generally about "persistent and lazy racial stereotyping (after being warned not to) and trolling".

The moderator didn't answer my request for more details on the subject of "racial stereotyping". I have long ago stopped trying to understand the meaning of "trolling".

I can only conclude that "anyone in this forum" refers to Timble2, who is an old adversary of mine and can always be counted on to counter any argument I might have or any burst of enthusiasm on my part with a healthy dose of scepticism. If Timble2 feels offended at my harmless joshing about not understanding my meaning the first time, I sincerely apologize and welcome his/her valuable input at any time.

I didn't complain...water off a duck's back

However, I do think your "Chemtard" is schoolyard bully's language as it's derived from "retard", a fairly offensive term used against mentally or physically handicapped individuals. And I'd say that to your face.

Timble2 said:
I didn't complain...water off a duck's back

However, I do think your "Chemtard" is schoolyard bully's language as it's derived from "retard", a fairly offensive term used against mentally or physically handicapped individuals. And I'd say that to your face.

I posted the following six days ago:

1. Belief in chemtrails (the believers are often termed "chemtards" for short, i.e. chemtrail retards) is first and foremost an American phenomenon that has propagated to the rest of the world via the Internet. There are no books, research papers or even pieces of investigative journalism on the subject.

This was not the subject of my warning, which was about "racial stereotyping" and not being offensive to the mentally handicapped.

Be that as it may, I am very sorry that the term offends you. Someone might have mentioned this before at any time during this discussion. The fact that the word exists is a sociological fact. It also has an existence outside the chemtrail debate. See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chemtard . If you want me to refrain from using it, I will.

By the way, Timble2, you were right about johnh23's YouTube post on "chemfrogs" being ironic. It was a rather heavy-handed racial attack/slur/jab from an English Canadian to a French Canadian. You saw this and I didn't. My apology. This is his latest entry:

Wrong ... the Chemfrogs swim all the way from France to parts of Quebec and PEI [Prince Edward Island*] .... they are trying to avoid the heavy Chemtrails in Paris.

* French Canadians represent only 4.6 % of PEI's population. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/ ... ofiles.asp

That's an easy question, once we look beyond the latest incarnation as manifested in chem trails. I'd say: Wilhelm Reich, Trevor Constable etc. But even before that we note Konstantin Tsiolkovsky who wrote in 1928 about strange signs (language, words, letters) in the sky which he thought of as the means of an ET civilisation to communicate with us. And there's Peter Hassal's Blast from the Past column a few FT issues back about letters in the skies.

So, if we interpret the chem trails as but the latest manifestation of weird signs and lines in the skies, we find the phenomenon actually goes back a loooong way.

And note the absence of this phenomenon (as do the crop circles) in the oeuvre of Charles Fort.

regards,

Theo

Contrails2.jpg

Contrails.jpg

Chemtrails...

Back