• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who To Play Crowley?

Hmm. There are a good few dead actors who might have made a good Crowley - The deceased broadcaster Fyfe Robertson always reminded me of the image of the elderly Crowley I've seen around.

Could have maybe got Genesis P Oriidge but think these days his breasts would get in the way.

But I agree the guy from Coronation St, has it in the bag.

It has to be Steve Berkoff, hasn't it? What more need be said?

Shame we can't inflate Ian Maclellan, though... ;)

First to come to my mind is Danny Morrison, were he an actor.
morrison6.jpg

Ian Holm is perhaps a bit too diminutive, but as the elder Al...
The+Ghost+VIP+Screening+EUg708-g7HSm.jpg

Hopkins
220px-AnthonyHopkins10TIFF.jpg

Tim Spall has almost evaporated so
timothy-spall-1.jpg

Last, and for mine most apt, Roger Allum.
roger-allam.png

I've seen enough photographs with him at all stages of his life, but is there much video footage of Crowley? You've got to see how he moves and what his gestures and idiosyncracies were. Also, although I've heard his voice, it has always been his 'performance voice'. If you had him strutting around ordering cakes and ale in that voice it would be bloody stupid.

You’re all so sexist and racist that it’s triggering me. The obvious choice to play Crowley is Thandie Newton, and if you have the temerity to disagree, you’re just confirming and emphasising your bigotry.

maximus otter

You’re all so sexist and racist that it’s triggering me. The obvious choice to play Crowley is Thandie Newton, and if you have the temerity to disagree, you’re just confirming and emphasising your bigotry.

maximus otter

Who?

Is Thandie a real name? It sounds like a carbonated drink.

You need an actor of great versatility and if he can play 6 foot 5 inch tall, 250 lbs of muscle, blue-eyed, blonde-haired Jack Reacher then Tom Cruise could easily play Crowley.
On the other hand..if Thandie Newton isn't available then Gary Oldman, the human chameleon's yer man.

What about Mal Blu-Ray?

He probably doesn't exist, but all the best actors used to have double-barrelled names.

If we're choosing dead actors (and directors) - Oliver Reed in Ken Russell's biopic of Crowley. That would be a pillar of good taste and moderation :)

Oliver%20Reed%20%20The%20Devils%20(1971).jpg

Blimey, I'd totally forgotten about that, although Shadowlands was a bit good and probably about the same time.

Back