• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

At the old operating theatre with the ghost club tonight.
FB_IMG_1574541192997.jpg

That guy needs dentures.

I knew it was the morbid sort of place you would love!

Ohhh, yuss. RIGHT up my street.

A few years ago a travelling exhibition of vintage medical instruments and paraphernalia visited a museum near'ere. Took Escet along - we were on a day out, had afternoon tea etc - and it was GRUESOME. About the worst items were obstetric emergency tools, yow.

Fantastic. Not really suitable for a kids, or anyone of a delicate disposition.

Ohhh, yuss. RIGHT up my street.

A few years ago a travelling exhibition of vintage medical instruments and paraphernalia visited a museum near'ere. Took Escet along - we were on a day out, had afternoon tea etc - and it was GRUESOME. About the worst items were obstetric emergency tools, yow.

Fantastic. Not really suitable for a kids, or anyone of a delicate disposition.
So you haven't seen the movie "Dead Ringers" then. It's truly a horror movie and has Jeremy Irons playing twin gynaecologists who fashion their own obstetric implements.:freak:

There was a plague doctors mask, I was considering taking a photo of it and sending it to you saying "bet you don't know what this is, MS smarty pants"

Then I thought she will know instantly what it is, so I didn't bother.

I'd still like to see it! They are gorgeous.

The Blakeney Tunnels and The Witch's Leg in Somerton, Norfolk .. our newest vid .. nothing much ghostly happened IMO but check out this amazing ruined church ..

Just back from a short trip to Norfolk with my brother and we made a special effort to find St Mary's church in East Somerton. The Witch's Leg story arises from a "it is said..." a witch with a wooden leg was buried alive in the nave and an oak grew up to devastate the church. I have my doubts. The church and the site itself was well maintained and a very peaceful atmosphere - not sure I'd do it at night though.

Somerton0506.jpg Somerton0518.jpgSomerton0508.jpgSomerton0512.jpg Somerton0514b.jpg

Just back from a short trip to Norfolk with my brother and we made a special effort to find St Mary's church in East Somerton. The Witch's Leg story arises from a "it is said..." a witch with a wooden leg was buried alive in the nave and an oak grew up to devastate the church. I have my doubts. The church and the site itself was well maintained and a very peaceful atmosphere - not sure I'd do it at night though.

View attachment 21639 View attachment 21644View attachment 21648View attachment 21649 View attachment 21650
Cool place isn't it .. when we got there at twilight, a previous visitor had left an expensive looking bunch of flowers at the base of the central tree and I found a Moet Champaign cork which I stole as a souvenir.

We went next day to the St. John The Baptist church at Croxton, which is similar to St Mary's but had a totally different atmosphere. This church wasn't maintained and had been left to rot and as I shuffled through the undergrowth taking photos, I realised I was standing in/on the graveyard. Even though there's no story attached (that I know of), the site maybe worth a midnight Watch (not by me).

Croxton0539.jpg Croxton0551.jpgCroxton0543.jpg Croxton0546.jpg Croxton0553.jpg

Attachments

• Croxton0542.jpg
    Croxton0542.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Our latest investigation at the infamous 30 East Drive in Pontefract, originally studied and written about by Colin Wilson .. sadly I wasn't able to go because of work stuff, I've been told that next to nothing creepy happened apart from three random knocks that even we admit could just be an old house cooling down. Still, it would be disingenuous of us to only release 'sexy' ghost investigation videos so here's our experience anyway .. with nothing ghostly happening ..

I'll be finding out where we're going next tomorrow night ..

.. the trailer for the film made about this house .. I'm a bit envious that two of our team members managed a couple of hours sleep in rotation here :cool:

Last edited:
Our latest investigation at the infamous 30 East Drive in Pontefract, originally studied and written about by Colin Wilson .. sadly I wasn't able to go because of work stuff, I've been told that next to nothing creepy happened apart from three random knocks that even we admit could just be an old house cooling down. Still, it would be disingenuous of us to only release 'sexy' ghost investigation videos so here's our experience anyway .. with nothing ghostly happening ..

I'll be finding out where we're going next tomorrow night ..

.. the trailer for the film made about this house .. I'm a bit envious that two of our team members managed a couple of hours sleep in rotation here :cool:

Next to nothing happening or not, I'm highly envious!

Next to nothing happening or not, I'm highly envious!
Me too! .. I was papping my pants slightly anyway because of the severe poltergeist reputation .. I came up with the idea of sleeping in one of the rooms and the idea of writing numbers on balls because this location has a reputation for moving balls around which I was happy to see that they adopted both ideas on the night .. and they all had a dull night instead.

As Rosanne mentions in our vid, sometimes even notoriously 'active' places can be silent.

We arranged a meeting with three women last night professing to be mediums, all friends with each other, two of them related. Our team leader has decided to take them out with us on our next investigation which will be at Beeston Priory again next week.

I was deliberately not told where we were going the last time I went there.

On arrival, standing a few 100ft from the building and in daylight, I thought I saw a black line move across one of the empty window frames so stopped our chatting to mention this. Unfortunately I was filming a tourist information board at the time. I was then told that this is a regularly reported experience there. The Priory is almost completely hollow, there's no floor behind the higher level windows but I am willing to write my experience off as a trick of the light or just tiredness ... it was a fleeting sighting, the shape just seemed like a black line. I became a bit more excited after dark and still outside when I saw flashes of light moving across some upper story windows until a team member pointed out that this was most likely being caused by car headlights from a road way in the distance behind us .. doh! .. embarrassing ..

skip to 06:55 in this vid to see the priory

Last edited:
Me too! .. I was papping my pants slightly anyway because of the severe poltergeist reputation .. I came up with the idea of sleeping in one of the rooms and the idea of writing numbers on balls because this location has a reputation for moving balls around which I was happy to see that they adopted both ideas on the night .. and they all had a dull night instead.

As Rosanne mentions in our vid, sometimes even notoriously 'active' places can be silent.
Remember the videos with the person who visited the Pontefract house twice without finding anything.

...I've always wondered what stops anyone with a vaguely old building offering "Ghost Hunting" nights....just by saying some odd shxt happened (not that I'm suggesting this in your friends case drbates!).

Maybe I should organise a pro ghost hunt in my 1920s semi in rural Oxfordshire? £1000 a pop? Any takers? I'll whip up a cooked breakfast in the morning. But that's extra.

There's a certain pub in Dudley where an old landlord knew the place wasn't haunted but boosted it's haunted provenance to make money. He'd charge groups 4 figure sums to sit in his basement for a few hours. So yes, I have no doubt a lot of locations are on the fiddle.

Back