• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

Will they develop a cohesive narrative between them or will there be conflicting stories of past events? Interesting experiment.

It’ll keep you on your toes.
We all watch each other anyway to be blunt. I'm currently concerned that it's going to be extremely awkward to walk into this family's home tomorrow evening and start looking behind and underneath everything to pre check for fakery, speakers etc .. we don't usually investigate homes that people are still living in so that's us compromised immediately for integrity of field research. I'll be observing how these mediums behave, the also have the right to do the same thing to us. How do they know we're not faking stuff in the editing process? .. and all these considerations are before people on the internet armchair critique us .. also after we've also already debunked as much stuff as we can.

Someone's made a short film about our favourite 'hot spot', Santon Church near Brandon. We've spent a few nights in this disused church, it's the location least likely to disappoint. We're aiming to return at the end of the month for another night .. all sorts of weird stuff has been captured by loads of different investigative teams. We love Santon.
(there's nothing spooky in this vid, it's just a tour)

I'm not into teaser trailers for ghost invests but the woman who runs the team is so here's the teaser for our last location and next video .. plus the first time I got to watch the mediums doing their thing ..

Last edited:
Just found out our ghost crew leader did a photo shoot yesterday because we're going to be in the magazines Take a Break and Fate and Fortune at some point, some photographer visited Cromer and took some snaps of her in a park .. I've had to give permission for my name to be included, I'm not a fan of either magazine tbh but it's a bit of fun anyway ..
Here's her interview .. it's in this month's Take a Brake/Fate and Fortune. I had to be diplomatic when she asked me if the magazine was any good but she's happy with it, it deals with her starting at 14 to now ..

aspectralmag.jpg

Here's her interview .. it's in this month's Take a Brake/Fate and Fortune. I had to be diplomatic when she asked me if the magazine was any good but she's happy with it, it deals with her starting at 14 to now ..

View attachment 28928
We all watch each other anyway to be blunt. I'm currently concerned that it's going to be extremely awkward to walk into this family's home tomorrow evening and start looking behind and underneath everything to pre check for fakery, speakers etc .. we don't usually investigate homes that people are still living in so that's us compromised immediately for integrity of field research. I'll be observing how these mediums behave, the also have the right to do the same thing to us. How do they know we're not faking stuff in the editing process? .. and all these considerations are before people on the internet armchair critique us .. also after we've also already debunked as much stuff as we can.
Hi Swifty,
I watched the East Drive investigation last night and really enjoyed it.
I'll certainly watch a few more.
Keep up the good work.

It’ll keep you on your toes.
I'm as cautious as the next person when it comes to mediums only because there's been so many fakes exposed .. that said, two of the women came out with details regarding a not so long ago drug overdose type of death that happened in the address (downstairs living room to be exact, an area that surprised the family because they haven't felt anything weird there, we didn't know about that either) including culprit names that are still alive and live locally to that area (we've even found the names blamed alive and still active on facebook so we have to tread carefully and so won't be able to include any of that in our next video) .. these mediums don't even live in the county, I suppose it's possible they could have done some heavy police record type research on the address beforehand but they're not after any money or publicity ..

edit: from a sceptic's point of view .. two families who know each other, nothing paranormal going on but social instead? .. or the place is now haunted with a relatively fresh death. The two young boys seem unaffected and amused by all of this .. the young woman and her Mum and Grandma seem more affected by this .. the young woman is post puberty age and stuff being chucked around is happening? .. we don't know yet but we'll be going back.

Last edited:
Having reported my experience of a (shorter/cheaper) paid ghost hunting vigil event on here in 2014, I'm in the process of booking an all night one in a much larger and evidently spookier sounding site with a different friend in several weeks time. It's an abandoned orphanage/hospital/"asylum" (the last term is a bit of a liberty they've added on for the horror themed theatricality. It had merely housed the former patients from a nearby mental hospital during its last two years before closure). The empty building exists now purely for such paid up spook events as they seem to do them several nights a week every week. Anyhow the usual electronic paraphernalia along with ouija and table tipping experiments are promised and the freedom to wander off and do your own investigating. It won't be for a while but i'll report back on the night in excruciating detail when it happens.

Having reported my experience of a (shorter/cheaper) paid ghost hunting vigil event on here in 2014, I'm in the process of booking an all night one in a much larger and evidently spookier sounding site with a different friend in several weeks time. It's an abandoned orphanage/hospital/"asylum" (the last term is a bit of a liberty they've added on for the horror themed theatricality. It had merely housed the former patients from a nearby mental hospital during its last two years before closure). The empty building exists now purely for such paid up spook events as they seem to do them several nights a week every week. Anyhow the usual electronic paraphernalia along with ouija and table tipping experiments are promised and the freedom to wander off and do your own investigating. It won't be for a while but i'll report back on the night in excruciating detail when it happens.
Newsham hospital in Liverpool? If so it's a cracking location even with nothing happening.

That's the one. I don't know why i was cagey about naming it. I suppose to fend off anyone ruining the anticipation by saying they'd already done it and it was a load of ecto-crap. :reyes:

That's the one. I don't know why i was cagey about naming it. I suppose to fend off anyone ruining the anticipation by saying they'd already done it and it was a load of ecto-crap. :reyes:
My best spooky experience happened at newsham, I was cold and soaked and being called "my sceptical friend" thoroughly pissed of and considering giving up on ghost hunting when BAM!! And I was hooked.

But in its own right it's an atmospheric and interesting location, I have been 5 or 6 times.

Can you elaborate on the BAM! ..? What happened?
It's best if I don't say, but it was quite remarkable in my eyes, but when I started telling other ppl they cut me short and asked if I had taken pictures of any orbs...

It's so annoying! Don't accept anything the medium says and you are a militant sceptic!
This is why I write down as much as I can to pre research anywhere we go. One of our mediums asked the family if the name Roger meant anything .. they all looked blank and shook their heads so I whispered to our group leader that their family maiden surname was Rogers .. she told the medium this and the family all started nodding their heads. I agree Roger and Rogers are two different names but I felt the medium deserved a chance on that one, she was (at the time) stating she was communicating with the mother's dead Father, his surname being Rogers and she wasn't aware of that.

I'm envious and looking forward to reading your write up Gattino.

Last edited:
This is why I write down as much as I can to pre research anywhere we go. One of our mediums asked the family if the name Roger meant anything .. they all looked blank and shook their heads so I whispered to our group leader that their family maiden surname was Rogers .. she told the medium this and the family all started nodding their heads. I agree Roger and Rogers are two different names but I felt the medium deserved a chance on that one, she was (at the time) stating she was communicating with the mother's dead Father, his surname being Rogers and she wasn't aware of that.

I'm envious and looking forward to reading your write up Gattino.

but how helpful is this? You've just prodded the family into a territory that is open to manipulation by the medium. You've just given the medium the tools for this.

She didn't deserve a chance on that- she's supposed to have an otherwordly talent - you went straight into Derek Acroah territory by supplying her with the information.

Absolutely kills any "science" you hoping to achieve. Your job is not to prime mediums but to observe and record.

You need to separate yourself from any medium-stuff. You are the researcher you job is to research and keep quiet and not feed "sensitives" info until after the investigation is done.

One of the things I know about you is helping people, but Your bunch has pretty much-tainted this very sensitive "investigation".

Totally like the new professional Swifty but you can't give mediums such a buy-in ever again. Even if it is screaming at you.

Critical thinking - I totally get where you were going - brilliant. I don't understand what these other people in your group are doing?

Last edited:
but how helpful is this? You've just prodded the family into a territory that is open to manipulation by the medium. You've just given the medium the tools for this.

She didn't deserve a chance on that- she's supposed to have an otherwordly talent - you went straight into Derek Acroah territory by supplying her with the information.

Absolutely kills any "science" you hoping to achieve. Your job is not to prime mediums but to observe and record.

You need to separate yourself from any medium-stuff. You are the researcher you job is to research and keep quiet and not feed "sensitives" info until after the investigation is done.

One of the things I know about you is helping people, but Your bunch has pretty much-tainted this very sensitive "investigation".

Totally like the new professional Swifty but you can't give mediums such a buy-in ever again. Even if it is screaming at you.

Critical thinking - I totally get where you were going - brilliant. I don't understand what these other people in your group are doing?
We didn't prod the family. They asked us to come in. She (one of the three mediums) did deserve feedback in this instance in our opinion on what was a possible 'hit'. Chain of command was a whispered reminder to our team leader and she made the decision to say it out loud. My job is to research, film, observe and record. We don't treat the mediums with suspicion because we don't feed them with clues, we stand back, they say their stuff (when they're talking to each other they use the phrases "Can I give you? .. or Can you take? .." ..

In the last instance, they got pretty specific about two people who are still alive (they're (the two people) even on Facebook, I looked these people up) in regards to someone who had died there. I can't say anymore than that unfortunately because this haunting involves two still alive 'wrong uns' and so it could prove to still be a criminal matter. Our mediums are from a different county, some information they offered was out of reach for them to have pre gathered from anywhere, especially as they didn't know where they were going until we told them as they arrived in the area. They were an hour late in fact LOL.

Roger isn't a very common name these days .. If a medium was blagging it, I'd expect them to go for a name like John, Dave, Peter etc .. we felt it leaned away from a lucky guess seeing as the surname of a person of interest that the medium was claiming to be communicating with was Rogers.

I genuinely haven't got a clue what you mean by "new professional Swifty", I've been fastidious since I started and this isn't a profession to me, it's just a hobby.

Last edited:
We didn't prod the family. They asked us to come in. She (one of the three mediums) did deserve feedback in this instance in our opinion on what was a possible 'hit'. Chain of command was a whispered reminder to our team leader and she made the decision to say it out loud. My job is to research, film, observe and record. We don't treat the mediums with suspicion because we don't feed them with clues, we stand back, they say their stuff (when they're talking to each other they use the phrases "Can I give you? .. or Can you take? .." ..

In the last instance, they got pretty specific about two people who are still alive (they're (the two people) even on Facebook, I looked these people up) in regards to someone who had died there. I can't say anymore than that unfortunately because this haunting involves two still alive 'wrong uns' and so it could prove to still be a criminal matter. Our mediums are from a different county, some information they offered was out of reach for them to have pre gathered from anywhere, especially as they didn't know where they were going until we told them as they arrived in the area. They were an hour late in fact LOL.

Roger isn't a very common name these days .. If a medium was blagging it, I'd expect them to go for a name like John, Dave, Peter etc .. we felt it leaned away from a lucky guess seeing as the surname of a person of interest that the medium was claiming to be communicating with was Rogers.

I genuinely haven't got a clue what you mean by "new professional Swifty", I've been fastidious since I started and this isn't a profession to me, it's just a hobby.

Sorry man I just have real issues with mediums.

The new Swifty is that you are doing all the right stuff - the background research, etc. It just makes what you are doing so much closer to objective study.

Sorry Swifty, I tend to agree with Naughty in part. The "hit" the medium had should have been verified from the subjects, not the observers, at that time.

Mediums are used to not getting things right.If she'd given them more info regarding the name, then maybe one if them would have recognized it.

The other half of the question is, did a family member recognize it and intentionally not say anything for some reason? You are working with people, and people have their own agendas regardless of what the stated purpose might be.

I would have no problem if you (your group) mentioned the "hit" to the medium in your review of the events following the completion if the investigation.

As I said on the previous page of this thread...
Great opportunity to do a Medium Watch actually Swifty. I’d be more interested in that.

In my peculiar way I did try to warn of pitfalls but it looks like the waters have become well muddy on this one Swifty.

As I said on the previous page of this thread...

In my peculiar way I did try to warn of pitfalls but it looks like the waters have become well muddy on this one Swifty.
Fair enough and the waters are always muddy in paranormal investigation mainly because it's all unprovable .. we've only worked alongside these mediums once so far so I'll remember to not confirm a possible 'hit' next time although that also seems like denying the validity of mediums being present at all? ..

Fair enough and the waters are always muddy in paranormal investigation mainly because it's all unprovable .. we've only worked alongside these mediums once so far so I'll remember to not confirm a possible 'hit' next time although that also seems like denying the validity of mediums being present at all? ..

That's up to you and your group to decide. If you do go with them then they need to be on their own when providing information. They need to access the spirit world to deliver information.

I'm struggling to see what the issue with the Roger observation is. In summary, if ive understood it correctly, the medium says I have your dead father in law here, does the name Roger mean anything?, the family shrug failing to join the dots, Swifty notices what they haven't..the all but identical name Rogers does apply. His team leader points it out, the family go oh yeah, d'oh!

I don't know where muddying the waters or assisting the medium can be read into that. How is it any different from a family friend or neighbour pointing it out? It's either correct and relevant or it isn't, and it would be those things whether it was said at the moment or not.

If the implication is that they gave the medium confirmation that they should continue down a particular track which she might otherwise have abandoned, that claim would need some evidence both to the fact and relevance of it in this particular case.

The remaining inference is that by being "investigators" they have to remain completely silent and let things play out without any input because otherwise it invalidates their "findings" in the eyes of science. But i think its more than optimistic that anything they saw, witnessed or recorded under even the strictest imaginable protocols would be accepted by the world of science. In 150 years no investigation by anybody of these kind of experiences has impressed those who have no desire to be impressed by them, so its unlikely the observations of an amateur local ghost hunting troupe would be embraced "if only" they had done this that or the other.

Given that i can't see what in this specific detail Swifty's group is imagined to have done wrong. They observed an interesting fact which might otherwise have gone unnoticed, no more or less.

I would have no problem if you (your group) mentioned the "hit" to the medium in your review of the events following the completion if the investigation.
Apologies to Swifty if this seemed critical. Upon rereading it, it sounds like I am saying the team did something wrong. This was not my intent. My only thought was regarding when I would have mentioned the hit to the medium as, to me, I'm not sure what the purpose of the mediums was. Again I am not directing Swifty nor his team in their investigations.

IMO I don't think the medium would need verification? If she had a message, would she not just state it as is? My understanding of Swifty's review of the investigation is that the medium had mentioned the maternal grandfather as well as the name Roger. Unless it was two mediums who'd each filled in the information? I would see this as an interesting result of the investigation in itself.

Back