• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

Thanks Max and according to this past weather graph, it wasn't raining at the time the photograph was taken ..

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/@8129270/historic

.. so what else could have caused these lines if it wasn't raining? ..

asantonnicole001.jpg

edit: I've had a reply from one of the team there that night:

"It was a slight smur. Strangely it could not be felt as it was so fine."

Last edited:
More images taken at the same time by Becki Coulam (who took the above picture) .. two people who were present have described the weather conditions as a "smur but no visible rain" (?) .. and "slightly misty" .. none of these lines have been reported as visible to the naked eye at the time ..

asantonnicolestreaks001.jpg

asantonnicolestreaks002.jpg

asantonnicolestreaks003.jpg

asantonnicolestreaks005.jpg

Last edited:
What is a smur?

It seems there was enough smur/smir their that night for it to be visible. One person has told me there wasn't any visible water in the air, the person who took the photo has told me there was during a private chat last night, very honest of her and not the actions of someone who's trying to convince people that she's taken a ghost photo. So that's probably all the streaks on the photo explained away although some of the streaks in the pictures seem to ark in an unusual way. The suggested girl figure/grave stone confusion was taken gracefully and she was genuinely interested and not at all 'precious' about the debunking suggestions and help offered by people in this thread so thanks everyone :) .. a few of us feel she's captured the image of a genuine ghost.

No apologies! .. thank you for your help :) .. and the 'ghost girl' looks bare footed to me .. also the folds in the dress look different? .. what's other people's opinion?
Not the same.

More images taken at the same time by Becki Coulam (who took the above picture) .. two people who were present have described the weather conditions as a "smur but no visible rain" (?) .. and "slightly misty" .. none of these lines have been reported as visible to the naked eye at the time ..

View attachment 31187

View attachment 31188

View attachment 31189

View attachment 31190
I would really recommend getting in touch with the science officer of the ghost club, he will tell you exactly what kind of technical foul up is in the photos (I am sure that's what it is)
[email protected] , his name is James Tacchi.

Does the person who took the pics of the streaks have long hair by any chance? It looks like strands blowing in front of the camera and we’ve seen a similar thing with compact camera straps causing blurry streaks in ’ghost’ pics before.

Does the person who took the pics of the streaks have long hair by any chance? It looks like strands blowing in front of the camera and we’ve seen a similar thing with compact camera straps causing blurry streaks in ’ghost’ pics before.
Good point .. she does have long hair although tied back, it would only take a few strands.

The right way and wrong way to use a spirit box from our mate Luke Tabram ..

I'm pretty sure I heard the word "Neverland' at 13:30ish and possibly "Wayne"?

I hate spirit boxes. Not a bad vid apart from the wind. I still think spirit boxes are bollocks and I'd just take a recording device.

edit: I'd probably ditch the confederate hat these days - mind you, I was guilty of wearing dumb stuff when I was younger too.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I heard the word "Neverland' at 13:30ish and possibly "Wayne"?

I hate spirit boxes. Not a bad vid apart from the wind. I still think spirit boxes are bollocks and I'd just take a recording device.

edit: I'd probably ditch the confederate hat these days - mind you, I was guilty of wearing dumb stuff when I was younger too.
I'm not fond of spirit boxes either but, as he says and demonstrates in that video, it's important to use them correctly and try to eliminate radio channels first before using them.

Luke joined us in Cromer and Overstrand one night for an (as it turned out, flat) invest but I learned from him how to use EMF meters correctly .. he had me doing a base test on known electrical points first and explained the difference between holding them upright instead of holding them like a TV remote (which is something you'll notice on a lot of investigation videos on youtube), if you hold a K2 EMF meter like a TV remote, all you're doing is trying to find electrical energy on the ground or beneath you . A lot of people also don't realise that different EMF meters have different polarities and just wave them around 'anyhow' whilst calling out for spirits.

As for his hats, good luck to him, he's a musician as well so they're usually a bit eccentric and quirky .. another experienced investigator we know does his hunts dressed like a 1940's gent :), trilby and sharp suit. I go out in sensible jeans, T Shirt, team hoodie, hiking boots or steel toecaps, non noise generating jacket (so the material doesn't rub together and make a sound on my camera's microphone, a mistake I've made in the past), nothing reflective etc .. hardwearing stuff.

A friend of mine used to think the Ghostbusters theme went "Who ya gonna call? THOSE BASTARDS!!!" How about these bastards:
News story

Basically a group of ghost hunters couldn't wait for Lockdown to end, so off they went to a seriously dangerous building and were promptly arrested by police. They've been fined. I'm sure there will still be ghosts around when all this is over, but they don't need to be ghosts of you with a chunk of masonry in your head.

A friend of mine used to think the Ghostbusters theme went "Who ya gonna call? THOSE BASTARDS!!!" How about these bastards:
News story

Basically a group of ghost hunters couldn't wait for Lockdown to end, so off they went to a seriously dangerous building and were promptly arrested by police. They've been fined. I'm sure there will still be ghosts around when all this is over, but they don't need to be ghosts of you with a chunk of masonry in your head.
This below is the correct way instead to run a paranormal investigation team .. an email in my inbox and she also gave us the head's up this email was arriving .. and we have 2 qualified first aiders present at all times .. we also don't 'do' urban explorer type locations .. we 'prep' and research first, debrief with each other and regard the safety and mental health well being of any home owners ....

Hello there,
This email has been sent to you to make sure everyone is happy and still wanting to be part of the Spectral Paranormal UK family, before we head into the 2021 season we would like to make sure all our members are happy and if indeed not then hopefully resolve any issues.

This is also the time when I have to review contracts and make sure everyone is up to date on their contact information and update any health issues that could impact you whilst out on investigations. All information is confidential and will only be shared to any medical personal or chosen next of kin if needed. Those of you who have filled a contract form and health questionnaire
will need to just let us know of any changes, any contact details that may have changed in the last 2 years and also if the chosen next of kin is the same.

We can email a form to you or can send it via post or simply wait till we can all meet up in person.

Many Thanks
Roseanna (SPTL) Spectral Paranormal Team Leader

How long have you worked with the team, @Swifty?
Only about 2 years (excluding lockdown), that's when we formed .. I've known her since she was 16 though (team leader) .. she's in her early 30's now .. she asked me to get involved, she's got two teenage daughters now and I filmed her wedding at Norwich Castle just as lockdown started :cool:

Last edited:
I think you're being a bit oversensitive, chum.
That's a sort of leather "cowboy hat" or Stetson (brand name). I have one. It's based on a pattern worn by Australian stockmen among others. The other version, made from felt, is still worn by many members of the American cavalry units in a historic link to the US Cavalry in the past. One You Tuber (The Chieftain) is a serving armoured cavalry officer and did a short video on tanker's equipment (such as coveralls, boots, helmets etc.) and briefly talked about his Stetson.
The only link to the Confederate army was that officers generally wore grey felt Stetsons.

Back