• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

I'm sure eventually you'll be getting more than that... And when you do, let us know what you think it's saying... or send it to me and I'll listen to it. So exciting that you are so near to some very interesting locations to investigate. I really DO envy you in that regard.

Urgh my bowl of cornflakes just said "snap crackle and pop" - I think its possessed.

Don't worry, Snap, Crackle and Pop are only man-made mascots for Kellogg's cereal called Rice Crispies.... they are NOT real.
maxresdefault.jpg

Hilary evans once wrote that in dealing with a subject as elusive as ghosts, exact terminology was required, but i don't really know how i should describe my activities with my digital voice recorder, all i have ever picked up are whistles so voice recording isn't the correct term, but EVP is just as wrong since i have never picked up any voices, but since i do not pretend i am professional, an expert or even have much of a clue, i will stick with voice recording since people like me (natural balds) will know what i am trying to say

Well you could call it ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) if your really wanted to be pedantic but between you and me, the Ghost Hunting Police won't come and kick your door down regardless of what you call it.

On friday i was at newsham park abandoned hospital, it is a supremely atmospheric building, medical equipment and hospital beds strewn all over make it look like the zombie apocalypse has struck .

the table tipping was awesome, the table went on two legs out the room, through two doors and down a corridor, but sadly the curse of paid for ghost hunts struck again, i was in one of the tiny room in the naughty boys corridor, when i think i heard another person breathing in the room with me, but there was so many people talking outside i can't be sure.

...the table tipping was awesome, the table went on two legs out the room, through two doors and down a corridor, but sadly the curse of paid for ghost hunts struck again...
Please tell us more!

Please tell us more!
Errrr that's all there is really, i had my right hand index finger on the table, two women had thier finger tips resting lightly on the table and the other man had both hands up to the knuckles on the table, but i am sure he couldn't have been responsible for the movement.

The table walked on two legs out the room we started in, through the door, out another room then along the corridor till we stopped and moved it back into the first room.

There was a guest with us watching the table tipping and giving us his "insights" as he was training to be a medium, and before all this started he had said the room we where in (the laundry room) was haunted by an african american called.....errr... alfred i think it was, and he had worked in the laundry and would follow the route the table later took in the course of his work, my guess is the table was moved by our combined mental energy,guided by the "medium's insight"

I have started reading "ghostology the art of the ghost hunter" by steven parsons, and it's very interesting but scathing of my kind of ghost hunts. For profit ghost hunts are no good for getting evidence, bring the study of ghosts into scientific ridicule and put the price of venues out of the reach of proper ghost hunters. I have no defence to offer, but i will still do it because its fun and i may get some evidence thats good enough for me.

That's the spirit (no pun intended), these hunts are entertainment ultimately, and if you don't capture a ghost, or even Old Man Smithers dressed as a ghost, at least you've had a fun night out contemplating the great mysteries of life. Or recording someone farting that may sound like a phantom saying "Hello there" or "Jesus H. Christ" or whatever.

saturday night was a ghost hunt at dover castle (with my best friend, no billy no mates for me!) and while nothing ghostly happened to me i took part in a good table tipping session and a glass divination session in which we appeared to be in communication with a spirit lady in the keep, then a friend of my best friend and what claimed to be the spirit of my little sister, at that point i said i was not going down that road, i doubt very much it was my little sister but i would have cried like a baby whatever the source was and i don't like to cry in the presence of strangers.

despite that it was another excellent night at dover castle, i love that place so much i would pay triple to walk round it at night, cant wait till my next ghost hunt there in september.

Just be careful you're not taken advantage of, Titch, stick with the headless horsemen and grey Victorian ladies, much more fun than someone out to dredge up bad memories.

Don't worry, Snap, Crackle and Pop are only man-made mascots for Kellogg's cereal called Rice Crispies.... they are NOT real.

Keep telling yourself that as you try to sleep tonight, under the covers and pretending not to hear the distinctly crispy sounds of the house settling down for the night...

Just be careful you're not taken advantage of, Titch, stick with the headless horsemen and grey Victorian ladies, much more fun than someone out to dredge up bad memories.
i am certain it was me dredging up the bad memories, but despite this i was still close to tears!! sticking with a victorian lady sounds like a plan though....

yes it was saturday night, and a pretty disappointing ghost hunt it turned out to be.there were two young ladies that talked, shouted, laughed and made rude comments about one of the fourth element paranormal staff (but i later overheard him saying he worshiped satan, and explaining what satanists believe (it sounds like thatcherism) so maybe he deserved it. But anyway they ruined the night for me. We were in the main hallway supposed be doing a vigil, when a staff member came and said he could hear them from were he was.

By this time i was thinking of just walking out, and this staff member must have noticed because he asked if i would like to change groups .This man was really nice, he said i was a perfect investigator, willing just to sit and observe and meeting him and having a chat with him was the best thing about the ghost hunt.

i should have known it was going to be a bad night because before we started,i suddenly realised how everybody else was with friends, chatting and laughing and i was the only billy no mates, it never bothered me before, but i am thinking of doing the ghost hunts i have booked then not doing any more unless i can make a friend come alone.

All in all in it was a bad night, and that's a double shame because the mansion house st helens seems to be a lovely building to investigate.

Did you manage to go on your ghost hunt ringo? and if so how did it turn out?
Hello.

My name is John from Fourth Element Paranormal Research. I'm sorry your night was not as expected.

I remember speaking with you that evening. We understood your feelings. Please get in touch as to regards your discounted gesture offer we spoke of if you wish to attend a further event.

All the very best. John.

Hello.

My name is John from Fourth Element Paranormal Research. I'm sorry your night was not as expected.

I remember speaking with you that evening. We understood your feelings. Please get in touch as to regards your discounted gesture offer we spoke of if you wish to attend a further event.

All the very best. John.
thank you for your reply, but i don't hold you responsible for what happened that night, its like you said at the time, different people have different ideas of how to go about these events and its very hard to please everybody.

I will attend another event with you, but i will pay my own way! see you soon.

thank you for your reply, but i don't hold you responsible for what happened that night, its like you said at the time, different people have different ideas of how to go about these events and its very hard to please everybody.

I will attend another event with you, but i will pay my own way! see you soon.
Many blessings. Namaste.

Who you gonna call? — Real-life ‘Ghostbusters’ investigate Fife ‘haunted house’
by Michael Alexander
1August 1 2016, 9.45amUpdated: August 1 2016, 10.57am
NEXT POST
© Steven Brown
Sbro_Mill_House_Hauntings_Kennoway-24.jpg-e1469634071600.jpg

The Ghost Writers Leonard Low and Greg Stewart inside Mill House, Kenoway
Are you troubled by strange noises in the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? The caretaker of a former Fife mill certainly was, so who did he call? Two novelists and part-time ghost hunters, that’s who, as Michael Alexander found out.

Hugh Mackay says the very first sign that something peculiar was happening in the converted 17th century Fife mill house came just two weeks after he started work there as a caretaker.

The building in countryside near Kennoway had been deliberately chosen by the directors of a German not-for-profit foster care company because they liked its authentic Scottish heritage and because its relatively remote location was seen as ideal for the respite needs of their young clients.

But the oppressive atmosphere of the building quickly took on a whole new meaning for Hugh, his family, and the German directors after a series of unexplained incidents left them wondering if the historic structure was haunted.

© Steven Brown
Hugh Mackay (left) outside the house with Lenny Low and Greg Stewart
“We’d only been here a fortnight when the first incident happened less than two years ago,” says Hugh, who originates from the Outer Hebrides and now lives in East Wemyss with his wife Anya and their five-year-old daughter Aleisha.

“I was upstairs doing some initial paintwork inside. My wife went out to B&Q and left me working.

“Twenty minutes later I heard someone coming up the stairs. The stairs in winter time sort of creak and I heard someone stop at the top of the stairs. I shouted ‘is that you Anya?’ And all I heard was ‘No’.

“I thought, ‘oh that’s a man’s voice’, which made me get up on my feet and have a look around. I checked inside the house. I checked outside. But there was nobody there.”

© Steven Brown
Courier writer Michael Alexander (left) speaks to The Ghost Writers, Lenny Low and Greg Stewart looked on by caretaker Hugh Mackay (right)
Hugh didn’t think much else of it. But then a week later, his daughter, who was only four at the time, claimed she saw a figure standing at the bottom of the stairs. She also said a ball of light passed through the hall door into the bedroom – and later told her parents it had a face on it.

Later, says Hugh, a co-worker visiting from Germany awoke and reported seeing a figure sitting at the bottom of the bed saying her name. She was so upset she locked herself in another room and stayed awake all night.

Hugh, who believes in ghosts, accepts there could be logical explanations for these and some other reported incidents, including over active imaginations within the general oppressive atmosphere of the old building.

© Supplied
The new Ghostbusters movie has rekindled interest in the paranormal
But he says the final straw for him came two months ago when he came up the driveway one morning and was shocked to see an upstairs window fully open and the curtain flapping out. With the building empty at the time and as the only key holder, this alarmed him – especially as the windows are difficult to open.

Days later when he was in the property alone, he says the TV volume fluctuated violently up and down, apparently by its own volition. “That was the only day I got out of the house quick,” he says. “I didn’t even have my lunch – I just left.”

Now his wife won’t be left alone in the property. And, to use the old-Ghostbusters movie adage ‘Who you gonna call?’, she picked up the phone and contacted a pair of Fife authors and part-time paranormal investigators with a reputation for recording ‘real’ evidence of spooky activity.

© Steven Brown
Lenny Low and Greg Stewart inside Mill House
Anya had first got to know St Andrews-raised ‘Haunted Kirkcaldy’ writer Greg Stewart, 46, now of Cupar, and Leven-based ‘The Weem Witch’ writer Lenny Low, 49, when they gave a talk on local ghost stories a couple of years ago.

After making several visits to the property, the pair – who operate without charge under the title The Ghost Writers – now claim to have hard evidence that something, albeit unexplained, is going on there.

After recently setting up motion sensor cameras in the dead of night, they claim to have captured an unexplained image which, they believe, could be a human figure. And Greg, who has been fascinated by ghost stories since he was a boy, says he also saw a hooded figure for himself.

© Steven Brown
Lenny Low and Greg Stewart with the image taken at the top of the stair landing by the motion sensor camera
“It’s a bit like a fishing trip,” says Lenny, who has investigated numerous paranormal incidents and insists he and Greg are “not mugs”.

“You can sit there for hours with nothing then when you least expect it something bites.”

Needless to say The Courier didn’t see any ghosts when given a tour by Lenny, Greg and Hugh. The image they showed was also inconclusive.

© Supplied
The inconclusive image on the top left, captured by the motion sensor, which The Ghost Writers claim could be an historic human figure
But there was no doubting the atmosphere inside this old building with its thick stone walls and small windows.

Describing himself as an “open minded sceptic”, Greg, who drives a Vauxhall Astra rather than an ‘Ectomobile’, says: “I believe (in ghosts). But I don’t believe. I know what I saw and I’ve heard the evidence. But I can’t say 100% it was a ghost. I think the term ghost is too wide. What is a ghost? We can’t categorise ghost if we don’t know what a ghost is!”

Greg adds that he prides himself in historical research and that is where his focus has now turned – not only into the history of the former 17th century flax mill, but also statistical records of who lived in the area over the centuries. Already some progress has been made with records of an old farmer called James Swan who lived in the property around 1852.

[email protected]

Full story here:
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...-ghostbusters-investigate-fife-haunted-house/

I had a ghost hunt at dover castle last night, and it was very good, while doing a lone vigil i heard two whistles, a knock and had small stones thrown at me.

The whistles i am putting down to living people, the knock seemed to come from a table that had no living people anywhere near it, it was windy outside but i don't think that caused that knock. the stones.....it was a windy night but it was much windier in february and no stones where dislodged onto my person then, i am not calling out GHOST!!! but it was very strange

I had a ghost hunt on the RSS discovery last friday/saturday, it was a very quiet night for me, but to walk the decks of the discovery at night....to stand in the wardroom and look into scotts cabin, to be in the ship where shackleton, edgar evans, thomas crean and frank wild worked, that was an amazing experience.

One of the groups spoke to the spirit of scott by k2 meter. he told them there was 5 other spirits plus himself and shackleton aboard. The medium was getting in touch with the spirit of a man that had hung himself aboard, no name was provided and i am surprised he didnt get the spirit of charles bonner who died on board. No wonder i sneak off and spend as much time on my own just waiting and listening.

I have posted a few pics below, nothing at all ghostly in them, i just like the look of them

Last edited:
They've kept it in amazing condition.
One of my best friends is related to Tom Crean, by the way.

I was at millstreet barracks, st helens last night, on first looking at the place, and upon entering it I was very underwhelmed, it was more like a 1970's school then a haunted barracks.

When a group of loud scousers turned up I immediately thought of my last ghost hunt in St helens that was ruined by loud scousers, but I needn't have worried, this group knew when to stop being loud.

When I was doing a lone vigil, in a part of the barracks far away from anybody else I heard two or three knocks coming from the toilet next door, I went to check but there was nobody there. A short time later there was a single knock from the same direction, I got up to investigate and as I was about to open the door to the room I was in I heard a muffled voice. I was sure one of the trinity paranormal team had come to check on me, but toilet and corridor where both deserted.

Nice, titch. It's great that you're getting out there.

I think I'm cursed. We had planned on meeting last night to investigate an old theatre in Stockholm. A journalist had arranged everything and wanted to do a story for Halloween.

However, I developed a really bad head cold last week (again) and had to pull out. I'm usually a very healthy person but for the past 2 investigations, I have been sick with a cold and had to stay home. I was able to be there on the one before that but I also had a rotten cold and was running a fever during the whole investigation.

On the plus side though, the theatre got cold feet and the whole thing was cancelled anyway. So we as a team haven't been on an active investigation since June 2105 despite organising and planning 5 different investigations since then.

Somebody has always been really ill or the hosts/family have cancelled. Fingers crossed we can get something done before too long.

Back