• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

Ringo,

..As soon as the parents relented, the water spouts stopped appearing. They were a physical manifestation of the sons anxiety...

Isn't this sort of screaming out a rather obvious question ?

Something which seems to have been passed over. Possibly the most important aspect.

INT21.

I'm probably being a little slow but what question is that? That he was wetting himself from anxiety? Or that he was just playing up? Sorry, I'm genuinely not sure what you mean.

I'm probably being a little slow but what question is that? That he was wetting himself from anxiety? Or that he was just playing up? Sorry, I'm genuinely not sure what you mean.
Me too, as it happens. Bit baffled.

The question is ...

How does a persons anxiety result in real water being produced out of thin air ?

And if someone claims that is the cause, should they not be expected to explain the mechanism ?

INT21.

Maybe it's displaced sweat? REALLY displaced sweat?

The question is ...

How does a persons anxiety result in real water being produced out of thin air ?

And if someone claims that is the cause, should they not be expected to explain the mechanism ?

INT21.
I'm with you now. I have no idea what the mechanism is behind his claims and don't think the author has the faintest idea. His correlation was only that once the anxiety had been resolved, the unexplained appearances of water stopped.

However, the spontaneous appearance of water or fire, as basic elements, is rather appealing I think. Maybe his anxiety was causing the teleportation/apportation of water from somewhere (I think it was even that he was a swimmer).

I do recall one of those 'My house is possessed' type programs where it was allegedly raining inside the house, but not outside.

If it was true then the occupier must have been pretty wound up about something.

INT21

raining inside the house

Just one of those crazy things which folk believe to be unique . . .

There are a number of phenomena, familiar enough to researchers, which can seem to be signs of authenticity, when reported afresh in new cases. I'd be afraid to list them! :thought:

Ghost hunting at the old officers club woolwich with the ghost club tonight.
FB_IMG_1543092531110.jpg

It was a very quiet night, my group had no activity what's so ever, apart from the vigil in the top floors, a women said she repeatedly saw a mist form between me and her....nobody else seen or heard anything.

A man in another group said he was scratched on the back in two different vigils, and he had the PICTURES to prove it!!! But at the risk of being harsh he looked just the sort to be attacked by a "ghost"

It was a good evening at in an interesting building, we where the first people to investigate it, and the current occupier says the way the areas redevelopment is going we will probably be the last.

What would the group have done if something had materialised in their midst. Carrying it's head in one hand and an axe in the other ?

INT21

It was a very quiet night, my group had no activity what's so ever, apart from the vigil in the top floors, a women said she repeatedly saw a mist form between me and her....nobody else seen or heard anything.

A man in another group said he was scratched on the back in two different vigils, and he had the PICTURES to prove it!!! But at the risk of being harsh he looked just the sort to be attacked by a "ghost"

It was a good evening at in an interesting building, we where the first people to investigate it, and the current occupier says the way the areas redevelopment is going we will probably be the last.

Brilliant!

the organizer of the ghost hunt has emailed giving a preliminary account of the evening, THE SCRATCHED MANS BACK HAS HEALED! but the organizer is asking for another man who had his back scratched to get in touch.....out of 4 groups 2 of them had all the ghostly happenings attributed to them, make of them what you will. My group was as psychic as a brick, but we where really good at poking fun at other groups.

Maybe someone worked out a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" arrangement?

Is this a new phenomenon, getting scratched by ghosts on ghost hunts? I think we have an "Attacked by a Ghost" thread around here, but I hope people aren't going to make it the latest fad, it could be painful if nothing else.

Maybe someone worked out a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" arrangement?

Is this a new phenomenon, getting scratched by ghosts on ghost hunts? I think we have an "Attacked by a Ghost" thread around here, but I hope people aren't going to make it the latest fad, it could be painful if nothing else.
Getting scratched or bitten is very "popular" on Ghost hunting shows. Of course impossible to tell if it's real or not. I recall one incident on Paranormal Lockdown where the camera man got bitten and was so shocked he decided to call it a day. It's about 2:45 into the video.

Last edited:

Scratches and bite marks are well established phenomena in paranormal investigations, photographs exist of these reports from the early 20th century if you want to look them up.

well established phenomena in paranormal investigations

Yup, there is a celebrated case from the thirties, which features in all the literature. The name may come to me later. These days, it seems like an interlude between the demise of Stigmata and the rise of Self-Harm. :(

Yup, there is a celebrated case from the thirties, which features in all the literature. The name may come to me later. These days, it seems like an interlude between the demise of Stigmata and the rise of Self-Harm. :(
That 30's case is the one I was thinking of as well, the one with the girl with scratches down her face although I haven't been able to find the picture for this thread.

I am beginning to regret my earlier post about the scratches, I am doubting them because the man looked a bit spaced out?...perhaps that says more about me then the scratches, but going off with just him and his wife then "provoking" the spirits into attacking him doesn't do him any favours sadly.

My concern is that nowadays the paranormal scratches may be a variant on self-harm, and if you're really, really wanting an encounter then manufacturing a weal or two might not be out of the question.

My concern is that nowadays the paranormal scratches may be a variant on self-harm, and if you're really, really wanting an encounter then manufacturing a weal or two might not be out of the question.
On a ghost hunt I think deliberate attention seeking is more likely then classic self harm, and I am trying to keep an open mind on their being a paranormal cause in some cases

On a ghost hunt I think deliberate attention seeking is more likely then classic self harm, and I am trying to keep an open mind on their being a paranormal cause in some cases

I suppose you have to be open to possibilities on a hunt, but if you appeared with scratches on your arm saying a ghost did it, I think I have a right to be sceptical.

I suppose you have to be open to possibilities on a hunt, but if you appeared with scratches on your arm saying a ghost did it, I think I have a right to be sceptical.
Well, first one has to prove ghosts exist at all.

sorry it was a feeble attempt at humour....i will get me coat....
And me not immediately able to understand a joke. We will all sooner or later get a definite answer.

Back