• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

I'm not always convinced the snippets are even snippets to tell the truth PeteS, 9 out of 10 EVPs are unconvincing to me .. sort of like when you listen to a a Beatles record and people are excitedly making out 'words' that are in truth far from clear.

I'll watch a show like Ghost Adventures, they'll play back something that sounds like "Nnn skay four ears" and subtitles will be presented on screen excitedly reading 'EVP: "Run! .. escape from here!". The most convincing one I've heard so far was one an investigator caught while I was standing next to her, she was the only woman with us so I know it wasn't her speaking, her face is also recorded by a different camera at the same time, her mouth not moving and we got a crystal clear woman's voice say the word "Talk", not whispered.

Some people believe that for a spirit to talk or move an object takes a lot of energy, you know, seeing as they're dead and everything so they shouldn't have any energy scientifically speaking at all .. hence the whispered snippet theory.

A friend of mine has an endearing theory of his own: the dead are lonely! .. a bunch of living people turn up waving stupid gadgets about but the ghost is just happy to see someone so they try to get our attention but it knackers them out so they can only do it in short bursts.

"seeing as they're dead and everything" - lol

Hooking up with Luke Tabram from Shadow Paranormal (youtube channel) tonight, we did an investigation of a reputedly haunted large old house in Overstrand that was a text book example of 'you can't expect a show every time' ..

Next to nothing happened (although you never know until you play back sound and visuals afterwards)

One of our core team members experienced an unexplained breeze from his left to right in two different locations in the building, we all heard a loud enough 'aagh' sound but people rent rooms in that building .. I pre checked the EMF meter by hovering it over actual electricity points to test it was working at all. a slight anomaly in that one light switch in a reputedly more haunted area had a lower reading than all of the others. One of our team had installed fire alarms in the past so was able to explain that away as just a parallel electrical system. Three of us could suddenly smell something rotten that was similar to bad breath and a dry fart that disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

I'm not expecting a bidding war over the film rights just yet but that's just sometimes how it goes and an honest account of your average uneventful paranormal investigation ..

I still made a couple of pages of notes though.

We returned to All Saint's Church last night for our second invest .. various sounds were heard and apparently have been recorded (although we didn't get back until 3am this morning so I'm still too knackered to review stuff yet), we played with our tech toys, temperatures through our laser thermometer were varying wildly (9 degrees to 17 degrees in an area we'd expected should have been getting colder instead of warmer) .. possible orbs, a trigger object being moved, sudden temperature drops and feelings of drowsiness which could also just be the weird Easter weather we're experiencing in the UK. I'll write up an update next week when we've reviewed any (or not) captures .. and I've just noticed I've got a pointy shaped Sasquatch head ..

aspectral.jpg

Sounds good, I#m enjoying your write ups.

And congratulations on the Sasaquatch Head!

Ta .. confirmation that I am, in fact, the lovechild of a Sasquatch :p

Errors I made last night:

I should have filmed the small Jenga blocks as we had set them up and I didn't. They were all vertically flush on placement but I didn't record that with my camcorder. I filmed them later as we noticed they'd seemed to move ... if we describe them as, starting from the base to the top, odd bricks and even bricks, the two even bricks up the stack remained flush but the two odd bricks above and below had moved backwards, the brick at the top had swivelled out of position. We were using the same table as a base camp for me to write notes so it's not impossible I could have knocked them by accident.

Roxy felt cold on one side of her face and body but warmer on the other side at one point. My laser thermometer registered a difference of approximately five degrees on each side but I didn't write that up. I also didn't use our back up laser thermometer to test if it was just a fault with the gun. I'm normally dismissive of 'orbs' but recorded a possible floating towards her chest which disappeared just before 'entering' her body when she was standing in the pulpit 40 seconds into that shot as well as another that orb enthusiasts label as travelling intelligently descending down to her and seemingly rolling down her back. We dismiss almost every orb we film and use common sense that these are more likely dust or insects. Both were present in the church last night.

It sounds corny but we all distinctly heard what sounded like two notes of music. As far as we know, there's never been an organ in this tiny church so that makes no sense. We all heard a woman laughing when we first went in although this was faint. Sounds like children chuckling has apparently also been recorded although I didn't hear that.

Unlike the last time we visited when we were all in a good mood, we walked into a very sombre and almost anxiety feeling church last night although the atmosphere improved later that night, I'm putting that down to non paranormal atmospherics because of our unusual warm spell this weekend. I can't wait to hear what Richard's picked up on his new flashy devices. More to come .........

ooooooooooooooooooh! brilliant!!!!!!
Returning to All Saints at Santon for a moment, here's a flag layout of the original church on the same ground ..

At the back of the church.
You can see from this photo, how the medieval church was slightly diagonal to the church that we know today.
Part of the medieval church wall is behind the side wall at the back of the church.
Yellow flags were the walls. White flags was the altar. The red flags is a strong energy node. Then again the blue flags was the door into the church.
So the old Medieval church would have had two doors.

asanton01.jpg

A different group we haven't met yet also visited this weird little church and have reported feelings of complete exhaustion afterwards .. none of us reported feeling like that after the first time we visited but I had to lie down in a pew at one stage a few days ago (although still joking around and open to the fact that I was probably just tired or something?) ... the place is seriously weird .. I encourage anyone who wants to visit to do so who wants to 'go to a genuinely haunted place' to go to All Saint's Church at Santon .. it's isolated and decommissioned.

asantonpiua.jpg

Cool .. apparently we're all off to Blickling on the 19th May, our team leader has sent me this:

"Hey Speccy chum,
Just to inform you that Blickling Hall have been in touch with us about going up and filming/interviewing some of the staff in regards to the ghost of Anne Boleyn on the 19th May as this is the anniversary of Anne. Not sure times or anything yet but just giving you the heads up on it. Hope you're ok, gonna have a day of it now getting footage together for our Youtube Channel."

I'm not expecting to catch anything on camera on this date which is famously supposed to be the date you see the phantom stage coach but it will be interesting to chat with and interview the staff.

.. and an update on our favourite little haunted church mentioned above:

Another team we haven't met yet have visited after us for their first time and have also felt pain in the left shoulder, mood swings as well as other things related to the left side of the body. I personally felt 'a stitch' pain briefly in the left side of my guts but didn't think anything of it at the time and of course it could still be coincidence being over enthusiastically put down to a 'paranormal' experience .. I also felt a droplet of water hit the left side of my receding hairline forehead on two occasions but both times my head proved to be dry. Eddie Mallet has also reported a sharp pain in the left side of his gut area during the above mentioned visit fro the latest team. I'd normally think we're all just winding each other up accidentally except these incidents are from people who haven't met each other ..

I didn't feel anything physical at this church on our first visit although the others reporting experiencing headaches that would come and go and left shoulder pain. Last Wednesday night I felt the above mentioned pains and that urge to lie down. Male sceptics at this place have been known to start crying for no reason, feelings of nausea are also not unknown as well as mild confusion.

Last edited:
The area Richard and myself set up an infra red night vision camera last Wednesday night .. we all felt a sudden temperature drop on an otherwise warm night walking across this spot so I asked that we film here .. the camera battery died after 5:03 into the recording according to Richard's tech .. the camera battery continued to record when we replaced the battery. My USB rechargeable torch died about an hour into the visit although I'd fully charged it just as I did for a previous visit when it didn't die.

asanton03.jpg

I don't personally attach any 'head with glowing eyes and horns' stuff to this capture, I'm more interested in the lines on the floor that are roughly where the altar was in the previous church on this spot.
asanton02.jpg

.. image captured by a previous investigator ..

asanton04.jpg

A possible 'black mist' image has been captured in the same outside area I've been told that I haven't had the chance to look at yet

Last edited:
Just remember folks, be careful out there...

Pennsylvania State Police: Woman Seriously Injured By Hit-And-Run Driver Was Out ‘Searching For Ghosts’
KITTANNING (KDKA) — State Police in Armstrong County say a woman was struck and severely injured in a hit-and-run crash while “searching for ghosts” in Kittanning Township.
According to police, the crash happened Sunday around 2:30 a.m. on Little Germany Road at Campbells Run Road.
Police say the victim, whose name is not being released, and her friends stopped their car and got out in order to search for ghosts.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/04/30/armstrong-county-hit-and-run-searching-for-ghosts/

An older (2017) upload from a different team visiting our favourite little creepy church in Santon ..

'Spit Spectral' had a meet up tonight to watch our new doc edited by Roxy, our team leader .. we'll have that online in a few days. I go in as a sceptic but try to remain open minded, I was strangely physically exhausted the last time we went in, I ended up laughing about it but lying down in a pew .. it's a weird place .. I've not met these people in the below video :

(at 1:42, what are described as tiny orbs are seen in this vid coming down like rain .. I think it's only dust and also the top of the church is populated by protected long eared bats .. I watched our new doc tonight and we've caught the exact same thing on our cameras)

This bloke ends up theatrically rolling onto his side at 3:46

Last edited:
The full thing should be online in a few days ..

Last edited:
Our next location, Pluckley in Kent. This'll be next August ..

I watched the first video. Any screaming in the woods is most likely wild animals, some of which can make very human sounding screams as has been discussed elsewhere on the board.

The story from 1948 when

20 bodies were discovered in Dering Wood. The bodies were identified as belonging to five families living around the Maltman's Hill. They were piled up one on the other in a way that suggests the involvement of more than one killer.
with accompanying photo & story from the front page of The Smarden Post is a hoax, possibly originating on Creepy Pasta. The photo is actually

the bodies of Jews from a woodland grave near Utena after the liberation in 1945. Details of this horror can be found http://www.iajgs.org/cemetery/lithuania/utena.html

Looks a lovely part of Kent though.

I watched the first video. Any screaming in the woods is most likely wild animals, some of which can make very human sounding screams as has been discussed elsewhere on the board.

The story from 1948 when

with accompanying photo & story from the front page of The Smarden Post is a hoax, possibly originating on Creepy Pasta. The photo is actually

Looks a lovely part of Kent though.
Thanks for the heads up .. I've done exactly zero research on the place so far so much appreciated that I could have fallen for that photo if I'd found it and hadn't researched it properly. We've agreed to make this place a two day investigation, by the time we get there, set up the equipment, eat etc and then have to go back home it wouldn't be worth it if we were only there for one day. We're looking into b&b prices at the moment, hopefully at the haunted pub itself.

edit: I'll pass your link onto our team, thanks again

Have often wondered about an incident that happened to me years ago that someone who knows far more about these things may be able to help me with. Keeping a long story short (ish); When young, I used to stay at my Grandparents house every other weekend. It always spooked me, certainly upstairs, and also did when my Great Grandparents used to live there up until they died a few years before this. I was never there on my own, but this particular evening I'd gone to bed before my Grandparents. I was lying in bed in the spare room, hoping they would come up to their room next door very soon, when I heard a very ghostly ''Amen'', but said more like a long ''Arrrrrmennnnnnn.'' I never told anyone about this, but whenever I told my Mother that I found the house to be spooky, she always said she didn't and how much she'd love to live there. (She had known the house since she was small as HER Grandparents had also lived there.) I probably wouldn't have thought quite as much about it until a couple of years ago when my Gran was in hospital and my Mother stayed at the house overnight (for the first time in her life on her own), and she later told me that she too did indeed find it to be 'spooky'- (after years of saying how much she wanted to live there). That sort of 'reinforced' my belief. I do seem to be slightly sensitive to things like this. Their previous house was much older, but I didn't ever feel scared there as a kid, yet often I seem to know straight away that something is 'different' about them regardless of their age.

The report for the ghost clubs investigation at Salisbury house has been sent out, in the attic where i recorded the strange noise,and the taps turn themselves on, a member of another group saw a shadow man, that would be encouraging if the same person had not seen or sensed spirits all over the house.

All the other groups seem to have picked up on spirits , and there was quite a story behind lots of them seemingly, but my group had to make do with me hearing a noise. i must do one of them online courses to become a sensitive.

i must do one of them online courses to become a sensitive.

For only 3 easy weekly installments of £99 I can teach you how to become all of the following:

*psychic
*empathic channeller
*clairvoyant
*sensitive
*a healer
*telepathic

Cheques or Postal Orders made payable to The All Seeing Ringo Ltd.

NO REFUNDS!

Swifty - re the pointy head. My wife used to say that if I sat with my our knitted ITV Digital munkeh our heads are the same shape: https://images.app.goo.gl/BknY6GtaDfVq5Qs16
We're clearly the love children of saquatches. I've been challenging hairdressers ever since I can remember (no, not in that way), only the Mrs cuts my hair now ..

Back to ghosts, Blickling Hall have dumped us for the 19th which we agree with them about because it's their busiest night of the year with other ghost enthusiasts .. the place is going to be over crowded for a serious controlled as possible environment investigation.

We're off to Thetford next Sunday night instead, I've only half taken in why we're going there, something to do with monks apparently so I need to hurry up with my pre invest research. I'll be jumping in the car and be taken to two locations at least.

edit: we're off to Thetford Priory and probably also 'the lodge' nearby on Sunday night ..

We've also had someone famous hook up with us but I don't want to sound like a dick although I've told Fridesy who that is.

Our second video should be online tomorrow I've been re assured, I didn't edit this one but I've watched it, it's a bit more professional looking than the first one. If it is online tomorrow, I'll post it in this thread. We've caught lots of stuff that, again, is open to interpretation, I took a small £1.99 whiskey bottle as a trigger object (as well as the small Bible again .. Rox brought a child's red ball and some mini jenga blocks) because one of our ghosts of interest was reportedly an alcoholic all round bastard called the Reverend Kendal who was defrocked from the place for killing women during the witch hunting era. I've been told that we've picked up a clear EVP of a male voice saying "I drink wine" but I haven't listened to that yet so don't know if it will be in the video or not.

We've captured the sound of footsteps walking down the aisle when I know we were all outside, I'm the only one who uses a traditional wrist watch though so we're sloppy at the moment about being able to synchronise times of events for later study and comparison using only one time frame, a problem I need to sort out. I might need to buy three cheap digital watches for all of us.

I watched some footage that I know will be included of a suggested orb going past a window inside the church left to right as a shadow moves right to left from outside the church through the window. I'll need to watch it on the big screen instead of a monitor so until then I'm going to suggest it's only the reflection of a light source from one of our cameras. I'll be interested to read other people's views on the clip.

Last edited:
I've just been told someone in an allegedly haunted theatre in Norwich has offered to pay us to sit on a stage behind her and do a séance .. £125 for the three of us apparently .. our instant knee jerk reaction is "No thank you" because anything we do afterwards won't be taken seriously and that's including the people who already don't take us seriously. Good luck to her though but we only want to do laborious and as meticulous as possible genuine paranormal investigations. The money would have been nice though I suppose.

(Hopefully part 1 of our hour and 8 minutes vid will be up sometime tonight, we're trying to upload from a laptop so have had to break it down into a 2 parter)

You have to pull a lot of tricks to do a successful stage séance, get to know the background of the participants so you can pretend the spirits have info about them, learn table tipping, etc. It's a good thing you don't have to do the ectoplasm thing anymore! I recommend Derren Brown's Séance show for how to go about it convincingly (must be online somewhere).

You have to pull a lot of tricks to do a successful stage séance, get to know the background of the participants so you can pretend the spirits have info about them, learn table tipping, etc. It's a good thing you don't have to do the ectoplasm thing anymore! I recommend Derren Brown's Séance show for how to go about it convincingly (must be online somewhere).
We don't want to do stage art ..

I've full respect for stage performers, it's definitely a complex art form when well done .. I've also worked on horror films as an F/X artist as well as an editor but I (and we) don't want to mix the two .. paranormal investigations are, in fact, mostly incredibly boring if you were only to play what you've filmed to other people. Being there is sometimes another story.

We are now guilty of 'sexing up' our videos by using spooky music and VFX logos on screen. Other than that, what we cut together is accurate and honest, it's up to viewers to decide if we're being self deluded.

edit: Eddie Mallet filming me and Rox on our invest (until we can get our own stuff uploaded) .. Richard's sitting inside the chuch ..

Last edited:
More of Eddie Mallet's footage ..

.. his suggestions of possible EVPs ..

2.43. Female. Im Martha ! 4.16 Female. Ugggghhhh !
15.49 Male. Richard. 18.19 Female voice. 18.30. Ugh !! Im Dying Ugh.

Sweet! .. Pt1 of our second visit to this church has finally uploaded. I haven't even watched this edit of it myself yet.

Sweet! .. Pt1 of our second visit to this church has finally uploaded. I haven't even watched this edit of it myself yet.

I'd put the temp drop down to being that you were aiming at the floor and then at a wall? I'd imagine the floor was colder, because of it being the floor?

Also, the woman holding the camera is difficult to understand as I'm guessing she is really close to the mic on the camera.

Maybe better if you structured the investigation as it appears really random and just a group of people standing around aiming thermometers as various parts of the church - there's no process. Everyone is just interested in filming each other and having a chat.

There is zero methodology.

If you are just up for putting stuff on the net as a scary night that's fine but if you are trying to be serious then the group needs to sit down and figure out what it's doing.

Back