• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

I wrote a gut reaction bullet point list last night regarding our upcoming invest at 30 East Drive, Pontefract ..

some of this will sound sensible, some of it will sound daft .. it more me brainstorming until I speak to the rest of the team ..

......................................................................................................................................................................

Look up the history of when the house was built, by who, the economic environment of the time, any local arguments between neighbours etc that could be the real source of this place being "haunted"

Look up the history of priests registered in that area

I thought Carl was a fairly modern name? .. some people are calling 'it' Carl .. wickipedia the name Carl to see if it was in use in the 1600's

Trigger objects:
.. take my book of The New Testament, take small marbles, build the shape of a cross (ping pong balls also a possibility but I prefer the weight of marbles to rule out drafts or accusations of fakery from someone accusing us of using fans or a hairdryer off camera) .. 28 marbles needed for cross shape. Possibly leave other marbles in chosen locations

At least one apple. The house is said to be built on the former location of an orchard

Back up L.E.D. torch needed this time

Be aware of the boiler room, it's an older house so pipes in the wall plus the house cooling down can explain bangs

Let's check out the loft early on if it has one. We could be being hoodwinked.

Take teatree oil/burnshield used in kitchen work for any potential skin attacks

Take Sudacrem cream for any potential skin attacks .. and cling film

Take first aid kit

Take mountain bike helmet

Take an ingratiating gift, possibly flowers and do the usual "Thank you for having us, we mean you no harm" thing :) .. (don't worry about looking like a hippy prat, respect and don't ever antagonise the invisible residents)

Research Colin Wilson's book on '30', The Black Monk (although he might be/might have been a priest instead)

According to the woman who lives next door, there's no 'Fred' the poltergeist, there is a poltergeist who other people have called 'Michael'.

28th of May, '66 bangings started .. look into pop culture films to see if any films could have influenced the family to lie

Jean Pritchard was the woman who refused to leave but eventually did, Dianne the daughter was the one allegedly dragged up the stairs by the neck. Fancy lying on your back on the stairs Rosseane ?

Reading that list back, I could be accused of priming/influencing myself that the place is genuinely housing a poltergeist before I even get there. We like to cover our arses in case it is, we don't antagonise or challenge anywhere we go, none of that "You killed those people yeah!! .. we'll I'm not scared of you and I'm NOT leaving so do your worst!" crap .. we invite instead.

Last edited:
I am dubious if there is anything the least bit spooky there, so I will look forward to your report.

I wrote a gut reaction bullet point list last night regarding our upcoming invest at 30 East Drive, Pontefract ..

some of this will sound sensible, some of it will sound daft .. it more me brainstorming until I speak to the rest of the team ..

......................................................................................................................................................................

Look up the history of when the house was built, by who, the economic environment of the time, any local arguments between neighbours etc that could be the real source of this place being "haunted"

Look up the history of priests registered in that area

I thought Carl was a fairly modern name? .. some people are calling 'it' Carl .. wickipedia the name Carl to see if it was in use in the 1600's

Trigger objects:
.. take my book of The New Testament, take small marbles, build the shape of a cross (ping pong balls also a possibility but I prefer the weight of marbles to rule out drafts or accusations of fakery from someone accusing us of using fans or a hairdryer off camera) .. 28 marbles needed for cross shape. Possibly leave other marbles in chosen locations

At least one apple. The house is said to be built on the former location of an orchard

Back up L.E.D. torch needed this time

Be aware of the boiler room, it's an older house so pipes in the wall plus the house cooling down can explain bangs

Let's check out the loft early on if it has one. We could be being hoodwinked.

Take teatree oil/burnshield used in kitchen work for any potential skin attacks

Take Sudacrem cream for any potential skin attacks .. and cling film

Take first aid kit

Take mountain bike helmet

Take an ingratiating gift, possibly flowers and do the usual "Thank you for having us, we mean you no harm" thing :) .. (don't worry about looking like a hippy prat, respect and don't ever antagonise the invisible residents)

Research Colin Wilson's book on '30', The Black Monk (although he might be/might have been a priest instead)

According to the woman who lives next door, there's no 'Fred' the poltergeist, there is a poltergeist who other people have called 'Michael'.

28th of May, '66 bangings started .. look into pop culture films to see if any films could have influenced the family to lie

Jean Pritchard was the woman who refused to leave but eventually did, Dianne the daughter was the one allegedly dragged up the stairs by the neck. Fancy lying on your back on the stairs Rosseane ?

Reading that list back, I could be accused of priming/influencing myself that the place is genuinely housing a poltergeist before I even get there. We like to cover our arses in case it is, we don't antagonise or challenge anywhere we go, none of that "You killed those people yeah!! .. we'll I'm not scared of you and I'm NOT leaving so do your worst!" crap .. we invite instead.

Good list I'd add:

If you can research the house itself and the surrounding area - council, local libraries etc.

Check weather reports, talk to neighbours, check the background.

Colin's book is ok - but it's Colin so you know...

Do you know anyone who is in structural engineering or at a pop the building trade to check the place out?

Try and ditch as much of your equipment that's rechargeable as possible. Replace with old school stuff. Use actual thermometers, not electronic ones, etc. You should be recoding temperature changes every 5 minutes.

An understanding of basic human physiology would help and have enough equipment to monitor this, (Sphigs, etc).

All of the team has to be straight, (not on any illicit drugs).

All of the team has to fill out a questionnaire on how they are feeling, (I can help you with this), at the moment before entering, (do a set of physical obs), and list any prescribed medication they are on. Also if they regularly take illicit drugs then you might want to look at withdrawal and if they are on certain drugs they should not be included in the investigation.

Repeat physical obs after the investigation and get people to fill out a questionnaire on how they are feeling.

NO ONE SHOULD VERBALLY COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER DURING THE INVESTIGATION BUT INSTEAD WRITE DOWN What THEY ARE EXPERIENCING - this will remove any transference, bias, etc.

Do not use any ghosts apps, etc there is nothing that suggests they work.

Time your investigation before as to who is doing what - everyone should be writing what and how they are felling in certain rooms Also mix things up.

Write out on card what ONE person is going to say out loud - Only have one person say things. Everyone else should remain silent.

That's off the top of my head after enjoying a fair amount of wine.

A bit more of our last visit to All Saints Church in Santon filmed and just uploaded by Eddie Mallet ..

Last edited:
The famous "demon house".
Apparently ..

I had a random idea this morning. If this place does host a genuine poltergeist that does have a thing for throwing marbles around? ... why not buy some glow in the dark marbles, hand paint numbers on them with black acrylic paint and 'spot' them around the house? ...

Mediums and true believers constantly point out that ghost and polts use energy created by either electronic equipment that gets drained or from people who get physically drained so by charging these glow in the dark marbles up the conventional 'hold it up next to a lightbulb and then switch the lights off' way .. these marbles would not only have stored energy in them, they'd be easier to spot both to us at the time and on camera (hopefully) in a way that the Most Haunted invests never capture and we're asked to believe that it wasn't just someone off camera faking throwing one ..

No doubt we'd still be accused of fakery if this approach actually works but there's not a lot we can do about that.

Apparently ..

I had a random idea this morning. If this place does host a genuine poltergeist that does have a thing for throwing marbles around? ... why not buy some glow in the dark marbles, hand paint numbers on them with black acrylic paint and 'spot' them around the house? ...

Mediums and true believers constantly point out that ghost and polts use energy created by either electronic equipment that gets drained or from people who get physically drained so by charging these glow in the dark marbles up the conventional 'hold it up next to a lightbulb and then switch the lights off' way .. these marbles would not only have stored energy in them, they'd be easier to spot both to us at the time and on camera (hopefully) in a way that the Most Haunted invests never capture and we're asked to believe that it wasn't just someone off camera faking throwing one ..

No doubt we'd still be accused of fakery if this approach actually works but there's not a lot we can do about that.
"Demon house"? I am pretty sure that's what they called it. Now I see it's all about poltergeists. I must have entered a new timeline.

"Demon house"? I am pretty sure that's what they called it. Now I see it's all about poltergeists. I must have entered a new timeline.
This is a part from the above link that interests me, I'd already noticed from previous videos that the house appears to have been 'set' dressed in a 70's style:

'The property is now owned by movie producer Bill Bungay who decided to buy the house after making his movie ‘When the Lights Went Out’ which was based loosely on the Pritchard’s’ experiences. Originally, he just thought it was a cool marketing technique to have a premiere in the house that inspired the movie. He was sceptical about Fred’s existence and believed that if he had ever been there then he was probably long gone. However, a string of strange experiences has now changed his opinions of the house! The house is now looked after by the next-door neighbour Carol who has had more than her fair share of brushes with the poltergeist herself.'

Our payment will be going to a 'B Monk' apparently which is obviously a pseudonym for 'black monk' .. myself and Richard will be doing a thorough as possible search of the property looking for any hidden wires etc (as we always do in confined locations anyway) .. not that I want to mistrust Mr Bungay but as a film industry producer, he would technically know how to wire a house up.

Hands up who wants to see my balls! ..

aballs01.jpg

They aren't fully charged up in this pic but as far as trigger objects go for a house that a poltergeist likes to throw marbles around in and we'll be filming in pitch black? .. these could be interesting if anything does happen .. not sure how glow in the dark stuff picks up on night vision and infra red cameras but I've got enough time to experiment until we get to 30 East Drive ..

My balls, one of our S.P.I.T. baseball hats and a black widow slingshot mk2 .. I've already decided to lie on my back in the front garden after dark and fire one of these balls directly up and above me and film that .. not for any paranormal or scientific experiment reasons but just because it'll be a good laugh and might look cool to amuse myself ..

aballs02.jpg

Hands up who wants to see my balls! ..

View attachment 18205

They aren't fully charged up in this pic but as far as trigger objects go for a house that a poltergeist likes to throw marbles around in and we'll be filming in pitch black? .. these could be interesting if anything does happen .. not sure how glow in the dark stuff picks up on night vision and infra red cameras but I've got enough time to experiment until we get to 30 East Drive ..

My balls, one of our S.P.I.T. baseball hats and a black widow slingshot mk2 .. I've already decided to lie on my back in the front garden after dark and fire one of these balls directly up and above me and film that .. not for any paranormal or scientific experiment reasons but just because it'll be a good laugh and might look cool to amuse myself ..

View attachment 18206
When are you doing the investigation and when will we get the report?no pressure!

When are you doing the investigation and when will we get the report?no pressure!
August mate but we don't give exact dates out so nobody can sabotage our invests by turning up and making noises .. we want the invest as quiet as possible although it is in the middle of a current housing estate .. I'd predict a video online probably half way through September once all the stuff has been edited .. our team leader's young daughters are naturally (these days) tech savy so help out as and when but we don't take them with us, especially not to a poltergeist house with polts traditionally 'feeding' off kids going through puberty. We'd probably get a lot more activity if she decided to use her own daughters as 'bait' but ......... no. (have sent you a pm)

As for my balls *cough*, I'll be putting tin foil inside a cardboard shoe box, chucking them all in that and stuffing a portable bright light through a hole cut out with scissors or something through the lid to charge the light up in them ..

Last edited:
August mate but we don't give exact dates out so nobody can sabotage our invests by turning up and making noises .. we want the invest as quiet as possible although it is in the middle of a current housing estate .. I'd predict a video online probably half way through September once all the stuff has been edited .. our team leader's young daughters are naturally (these days) tech savy so help out as and when but we don't take them with us, especially not to a poltergeist house with polts traditionally 'feeding' off kids going through puberty. We'd probably get a lot more activity if she decided to use her own daughters as 'bait' but ......... no. (have sent you a pm)

As for my balls *cough*, I'll be putting tin foil inside a cardboard shoe box, chucking them all in that and stuffing a portable bright light through a hole cut out with scissors or something through the lid to charge the light up in them ..
Excellent look forward to hearing how it goes

It was a very enjoyable night, my group had two sensitives forced onto us, but I managed to avoid them for most of the night.

On the first vigil, in a VERY posh first class carriage, I was in a compartment on my own when I heard a carriage door slam and the whole carriage shuddered. Four other people heard and felt the same. I assumed it was someone leaving the carriage, but later on we where unable to replicate it.

Later on, my team leader who was in the signal box, saw a window in a carriage open and close. Myself , my best friend and another investigator where further down the carriage and seen and heard nothing, later on I had opened a window to reenact the young ones, but the time, position and lack of a head peering out of the window, means that's not what the team leader seen. A railway volunteer later said she had seen the same thing, in the same location a few months before.

On a vigil inside the engine shed, myself and my best friend where quietly talking alongside Isabel, when we both heard a loud distinct "TING" from Isabel's front end. (Isabel is a steam engine)

It was a very enjoyable night and had a lot of activity.
FB_IMG_1562495797296.jpg

The front of Isabel, I MAKE NO CLAIMS THE "TING" WAS PARANORMAL, THE PHOTO IS FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY

QUOTE="titch, post: 1875746, member: 47000"]
On a vigil inside the engine shed, myself and my best friend where quietly talking alongside Isabel, when we both heard a loud distinct "TING" from Isabel's front end. (Isabel is a steam engine)
[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you added that explanation of who or what Isabel is. For a moment, I was wondering "who". lol

I've just returned from this amazing location .. I didn't feel anything paranormal there .. one of our team thought she heard whispering and our normally level headed sound man had a sudden onset of chest pains so we decided to quit .. https://thefairytaletraveler.com/2015/10/01/norfolk-folklore/ .. I'll be interested as always to review our digital voice recorders and camera footage .. you're supposed to walk round the tree three times, something Forteans will have heard of before in folklore .. so we all took it in turns to do that .. and a candle extinguished twice after we verbally suggested it with no breeze around to cause that to happen.

It's a very beautiful location either way, like something out of The Hobbit or Game Of Thrones ..

Last edited:
Looks amazing, I'd camp out there.
When we arrived, someone had left a bouquet of flowers at the base of the tree .. I also found a Bollinger Champagne cork so someone's been indulging themselves/themselves there recently .. I've kept the cork as a souvenir ..

Our newest team member Dawn wasn't able to join us last night but was cool enough to drive to the obscure area with us following. She's sent me an impressive video clip of her friend who went there alone, walked around the tree three times saying "one .. two .. three .." and her camera picked up a male voice whispering "three" .. hopefully that's on youtube then I can post it here. I didn't hear anything odd (apart from animals) last night although our team leader reckons she heard whispering. Richard had placed digital sound recorders in strategic locations so we'll listen back on those. My video camera didn't pick up anything weird.

Starting listening to the voice recordings from the northweald station ghost hunt, in a compartment in a first class carriage I picked this up, I was alone at the time.

Starting listening to the voice recordings from the northweald station ghost hunt, in a compartment in a first class carriage I picked this up, I was alone at the time.
Sounds like a male voice saying "No".

Back