• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who's Gaming The George Floyd Protests / Riots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I find things quite the opposite these days and this is coming from a family who brought me up to get on with everyone.

I don't recognize my family these days - they'd been brainwashed and if you think we are that different from the US you are mistaken.

Mate - I have virtually no family, but what social circle I do have is in Liverpool and they are - thank goodness - colour blind. Among my friends is a Sudanese lady making her living as a stand up ,comedienne. (well she was, before Covid-19) It really is so much better in the UK than it is in the US that it's difficult to explain.

The bravest person I know is a Muslim lad Naeem Ullah who I put in to the New York coroner's office after 9/11 to work with them to adapt systems written in my product to deal with that unprecedented event. What do you think he had to experience on the way to work?

Mate - I have virtually no family, but what social circle I do have is in Liverpool and they are - thank goodness - colour blind. Among my friends is a Sudanese lady making her living as a stand up ,comedienne. (well she was, before Covid-19) It really is so much better in the UK than it is in the US that it's difficult to explain.

The bravest person I know is a Muslim lad Naeem Ullah who I put in to the New York coroner's office after 9/11 to work with them to adapt systems written in my product to deal with that unprecedented event. What do you think he had to experience on the way to work?

I'm not accusing you of being racist
We just need to understand that things are changing, but you can't downplay black people's experience of racism in the UK is somehow "better" than those in the US because they are less likely to be shot - it's still racism.

I'm not accusing you of being racist
We just need to understand that things are changing, but you can't downplay black people's experience of racism in the UK is somehow "better" than those in the US because they are less likely to be shot - it's still racism.
Yes, I get your point. All I'm trying to say is that racist attitudes in the UK are far less common than in the US where it is pretty much endemic.

And the focus on slavery is misguided - African raiders were carting off white people to be sold as slaves at the same time we were shipping Africans - captured by other Africans - off to the Americas. The whole thing is nasty - indeed disgusting - but it has very little to do with skin colour.

Yes, I get your point. All I'm trying to say is that racist attitudes in the UK are far less common than in the US where it is pretty much endemic.

And the focus on slavery is misguided - African raiders were carting off white people to be sold as slaves at the same time we were shipping Africans - captured by other Africans - off to the Americas. The whole thing is nasty - indeed disgusting - but it has very little to do with skin colour.

Not to the extent of thousands of black people a year, (30, 000 a year at it's height? 18:00? century?). Really don't use that argument. It' doesn't sit right.

If you are talking about indentured white people that s ok but we didn't have slavers taking white folk off from Kent or Essex - sticking them in holds where most died horribly, over a sea crossing of 3 months and putting them in Jamaica.

If you can provide details of the great white trade slave I'd be interested.

Do you know our nation stopped the slave trade, we still carried on being gits for a hundred years or so but we started no slaves? Which was pretty impressive of a few people - it wasn't government lead.

Not to the extent of thousands of black people a year, (30, 000 a year at it's height? 18:00? century?). Really don't use that argument. It' doesn't sit right.

If you are talking about indentured white people that s ok but we didn't have slavers taking white folk off from Kent or Essex - sticking them in holds where most died horribly, over a sea crossing of 3 months and putting them in Jamaica.

If you can provide details of the great white trade slave I'd be interested.

Do you know our nation stopped the slave trade, we still carried on being gits for a hundred years or so but we started no slaves? Which was pretty impressive of a few people - it wasn't government lead.
Here you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore#:~:text=The Sack of Baltimore took,Dutchmen, Algerians and Ottoman Turks.

Ok, they weren't as efficient as we were . But if they could have been they would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back