• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Why Haven't Aliens Contacted Us Yet? (Fermi Paradox)

I would also ask what 'Prime TV 'show you were on and what your name is as mentioned on that show? If this is public info you should have no problem informing us of this.

But transient phenomena like UFOs are much more difficult to study.

Very true......and if they are real space aliens then they probably don't want to hang around long in one place.
But I have always had a problem with the whole idea of intelligent aliens not openly saying hello (the so-called 'prime directive' is a human idea and sci-fi and there's no reason to think it applies to other species...) Why travel light years to earth (and sentient space travelers are probably few and far between) just to flit around scaring farmers and their livestock and doing the odd apparently absurd abduction? Why not simply say hi to the human race openly and then move on if they think we aren't ready? They don't have to engage beyond that and certainly they know we can handle a visit since our cultural memes are full of alien entertainment, etc. It would not seriously affect our culture imho (though that could be a good topic for discussion) nor would they have anything to worry about from us since they could just leave.
So if they have come and or are here...why are they not openly saying hello?

So if they have come and or are here...why are they not openly saying hello?

1555352453360.png

I have the feeling that we are being cultivated like a crop or as cattle. Perhaps for some form of genetic experiments, or perhaps for harvesting our dopamines.

I have the feeling that we are being cultivated like a crop or as cattle. Perhaps for some form of genetic experiments, or perhaps for harvesting our dopamines.
Well...let's speculate then. Why would aliens..who no doubt have a completely different genetic structure (I don't buy into the similarity theories), be interested in human dna and or 'dopamines'? What kind of 'crop'....and cattle in what manner?
btw..as a side jokey comment the greys don't seem to have teeth or an anus...so what are they eating?
;)

I certainly find it a believable follow on - IF and only IF it's a situation in the first place.

I'll add Rumsfeld's comment on the Unknowns

There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns.

As pointed out by almost all exo-biologists in articles I have read human genetic material ,etc would be useless to aliens including as food...it quite literally could kill them or make them sick...so again what would they want with foreign non alien material?
Now....if one postulates that we are their 'progeny' in some manner then of course our gene material could be similar.

Following up on some speculation....perhaps the reason we have not been contacted openly is that they have not been here to do that..and the ufo enigma is 'something else'.

Well...let's speculate then. Why would aliens..who no doubt have a completely different genetic structure (I don't buy into the similarity theories), be interested in human dna and or 'dopamines'? What kind of 'crop'....and cattle in what manner?
btw..as a side jokey comment the greys don't seem to have teeth or an anus...so what are they eating?
;)
How do we know they don't have similar DNA? We don't.
Harvesting dopamines as a crop so they can get high. Drugs!
The greys... I get the impression that these are organically engineered robots, working for some other type of alien. They have no need to eat, they probably inject it all. A Russian account of an alien who crash landed described an absence of organs in the body cavity. No trace of a digestive system.

How do we know they don't have similar DNA? We don't.
Harvesting dopamines as a crop so they can get high. Drugs!
The greys... I get the impression that these are organically engineered robots, working for some other type of alien. They have no need to eat, they probably inject it all. A Russian account of an alien who crash landed described an absence of organs in the body cavity. No trace of a digestive system.
Unless they used their dna to make us which again is pure speculation then there is no doubt our dna would not the be the same..at least according to science. Unless you can explain it in some scientific manner..? And again dopamines are a human thing..there is no reason to assume it would have any effect on aliens. ..more pure speculation but with no support....if we are going to play this game it must have some basis in something or we might as well just make up anything we want.
;)

If one is going to assume they want us for the above stated reasons then we are going to have to also assume they are related in some manner.....otherwise they would have no use for our materials.

Unless they used their dna to make us which again is pure speculation then there is no doubt our dna would not the be the same..at least according to science.
Well, there is the problem. That 'science' is just as much a speculation as what I have proposed, because those scientists haven't got access to alien DNA.

If one is going to assume they want us for the above stated reasons then we are going to have to also assume they are related in some manner.....otherwise they would have no use for our materials.
Yes, they may be.

Well, there is the problem. That 'science' is just as much a speculation as what I have proposed, because those scientists haven't got access to alien DNA.
No...no speculation in that....any species that didn't not evolve here would not have the sane dna ...period.
Only if it was shared in some manner.

No...no speculation in that....any species that didn't not evolve here would not have the sane dna ...period.
Only if it was shared in some manner.
Panspermia?

Now that was simply humor...and a bit lame if I might say.
;)

No it wasn't - lame maybe but not simply humour. It is a reasonable (under the circumstances) suggestion :)

Don't victims of alien abduction, especially women, report that they have babies with the aliens?

Back