• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Why Always A Native American?

We used to take a deep breath and treat it like German. Rightly or wrongly. It’s those later influences that make English so much fun and really we should be grateful we have junked grammatical gender etc
Not too unlike but there are some significant differences, too. (That ge- , for example). And a few weird sounds you don't really hear anywhere else, too. Although I know no Old High German whatsoever and only have very very bad comprehensive school German, so not sure what sounds have fallen out of that language, in the meantime, either..?

Perhaps they are the sherpas of the spirit world, hired to guide visitors.

American Indians, they speak intelligible English
Yes, they do, unlike Glaswegians or those folks from Cromer.
The one time I read tarot cards for someone, and had very strong intrusive thoughts, those thoughts came to me without any sense of the personality of the external entity, if that makes sense. So, no accent, no broken or garbled syntax, no sense of a different language. Just a sense of the source being not me. Disturbing.
This sounds fascinating as a phenomenon, but extremely uncomfortable as a first hand experience.

Back