• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Why Haven't Aliens Contacted Us Yet? (Fermi Paradox)

I heard the theory that silicon forms 4 bonds like carbon.

Why did life go with carbon instead of silicon ?

We could be transparent beings with silicon.

Then in the original 1951 movie “ The Thing “ the scientists were doing battle with an alien who was vegetable which was described as a dangerous carrot.

Supposedly, Warner von Braun decided the crashed Roswell UFO as a vegetable that was alive and its occupants would mentally become one with the UFO as the UFO lacked mechanical dials.

But my opinion is that planet earth having all the parameters is very rare.

But if you not afraid to go down the “ rabbit hole “ there are other dimensions and there are more than one universe.
Maybe it did. Look at all the folk-legends about trolls.

Also, Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" sets out a nicely-argued rationale for trolls as a silicon-based lifeform: it's just that as silicon sets out its own list of limiting factors compared to carbon, there'd be less of them, they'd grow more slowly, reproduce more infrequently and find themselves gradually crowded out by faster-moving carbon-based life.

Last edited:
I think they are just letting all calls from this area code go right to voice mail.
I think we've actually had an answer to all of our transmissions. It translates as "Your call is important to us here at the Galactic Federation but all of our operatives are busy at the moment. Please hold. Your queue position is 1,110,004."

The background hum that we think is the remnant of the Big Bang is actually interstellar lift music.

I think we've actually had an answer to all of our transmissions. It translates as "Your call is important to us here at the Galactic Federation but all of our operatives are busy at the moment. Please hold. Your queue position is 1,110,004."

The background hum that we think is the remnant of the Big Bang is actually interstellar lift music.
And the call center is probably like this.

Back