• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Why isn't this house haunted?

BuckeyeJones

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Greetings!
I was reading the thread about the Amityville horror house and it seems as if most believers in the tale think that a haunting there would most likely be caused by the murders that took place there. That got me to thinking about a friend of mines house where the murder of an entire family took place. The short story is, A geeky, lonely teen shot his parents and his two sisters. The full story can be found HERE I have known the owner of the house "Dan" since 1979. We were in bands off and on together for many years. I know him to be a very straight-up guy who does not talk a lot of BS and I also know that he has had ghostly encounters before. He bought the house because of the price, he paid 280k for a 400k house! No one wanted to buy it because of the murders. When I learned he had closed on the " Shrout murder house" I chided him about having to be mindful of the ghosts, he laughed and asked when I was coming over the river to see the place, I went over the following evening. As I turned my truck onto the street I was impressed by the houses, I call them mini-mansions. My friend had really moved up in the material world! Dan and I grew up on the west side of Cincinnati, it is a mixed bag of neighborhoods that run the gamet from very poor to very rich. Dan grew up in one of the poorer `hoods but always told me some day he would own a mansion, I was very happy for my friend. As he welcomed me into the house he said, " Come on man, I'll take you on the tour." He showed me the first floor, with its "to die for" kitchen ( I like to cook!) :D We then went down to the basement, it was huge! We could set up four bands at once down in that space. We then went out the back door of the house and into the back yard, full size pool and a view that went on forever. I was telling Dan how great I thought it all was and he asked, " So are you ready to see where it happened?" I told him I was. We walked back into the basement then up to the kitchen area. I stopped at the fridge and got a beer. I stood at the breakfast bar as I drank it, Dan told me I could take it upstairs with me, and I replied that I did not want to spill any on the new carpet. He said " You won't." I said "What if I meet a ghost?" He said "you won't" We went up the stairs and the first stop was the parents room, then down the hallway were Clay had shot his youngest sister to the other sisters room. In none of these rooms did I feel anything out of the ordinary but when we went into the room that used to be Clay's, there was a feeling, kinna hard to explain, it felt oppressive, it felt lonely.

Would this not be a prime place for a haunting?
I can tell you that I got no bad vibes in the house other than in Clay's room.
Dan has been contacted by many television shows and ghost hunters over the years and his answer is always the same, " If there are any ghosts, they are haunting a very disturbed young man in a jail cell."

Peace!
=^..^=217

Back