Willard Library Ghost (Evansville, Indiana)

A

Anonymous

castleofspirits.com/willard.html
Link is dead. The website still operates, but no archived version of the MIA webpage exists there. Searching the site yields no trace of this story / material.

See later post for what was once there.

Interesting 'ghost' video stills - fairly recent, too.

Makes a change from orbs, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

Googled for more info and found this site

courierpress.com/ghost/
Link is dead. It leads to a newspaper site that does not maintain an archived version, and the site has not been archived at the Wayback Machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

marion

Ungnoing.
Me and my daughter spent hours looking at this webcam when we first got the internet (about 3 years ago) we even thought we saw a spooky figure once and saved the still and submitted it , don't know if its still in their achives but it was last time I looked.
(we also spent ages on that bloody Irish one that turned out to be a hoax :rolleyes: )

Edit: Its on page 3 of the 'proof' section, submitted Sept 4th 2000

dusikyon

Fresh Blood
There is a time lapse of about 10 minutes between each picture. It would be nice to know what was going on in the room during these intervals. Ten minutes is plenty of time for someone to wander in, absent-mindedly move some things around, and wander out again.

Still, that first picture does give me the heebie jeebies.

gyrtrash

Justified & Ancient
My local city library has a ghost. I can't recall the details atm (sorry!). I'll dig 'em out tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a website with a haunted library webcam!:)

libraryghost.com/
Link is dead. No archived version found. This link apparently led to a now-defunct webpage about the Willard Library ghost:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/willard-library-ghost.10900/

Malfinka1

Junior Acolyte

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I used to love that ghost-camera! Then I came to think that all the spirits I detected were just digital artifacts.

There was one Sunday afternoon experience which startled me: horrible troll-like figures infested the children's library.

They were, alas, children! I had assumed the place would be empty on the sabbath! :actw: