• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Well, if the public mistake moggies for Big Cats...
I know, however I have a friend who swears he came face-to-face with a wolf on the north-western fringes of Dartmoor. (I have previously posted about this encounter on this forum).

About six years ago he was out walking alone in some woods in an isolated area near Tavistock and suddenly found himself facing a wolf that stared at him in that intelligent manner that, well, wolves do. The creature then gradually moved away but never took its eyes off him until it was some distance away.

I have tried to persuade him he saw a husky of similar dog but he has remained steadfast that it was a wolf. He has no interest in cryptozoology, in fact I had to explain what it was, however as a child he had seen wolves in a zoo setting so he had a point of reference

I've never known what to think and now I find myself listening to Jon Downes in OTT (link above) telling me that Devon folklorist Theo Brown believed there were/are wolves in the wilder, less accessible north of Dartmoor....

I too thought Huskys had curly tails but according to the internet this is a Siberian Husky. Looks fairly wolf-like to me.

images

The difference in size between a Husky (20 to 24 inches tall) and wolves (32"+) is more than most people realise.
Here's an adult Husky, looking slightly nervous, alongside a timber wolf:

wolf.png

See a lot of mutts at work and one caught my eye.

I thought `Dingo`. and asked them what it was.

A Romanian rescue dog.

So...probably some sort of feral?

Back