• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Woman In Dorset Assaulted By Fake 'Make-Up Artist'

AnonyJ

Captainess Sensible
Having-a-nice-cup-of-tea-and-a-sit-down-shire
News from Bournemouth - an Indonesian woman consents to a free make-up session, he then covers her face in a white substance and runs off.

"He then roughly caked her face in white makeup, which caused a great deal of irritation and reddening to her face. He was then challenged by a member of staff before he made off from the store. Following enquiries it was established that the man is not a member of staff."

A rather strange and disturbing racially-aggravated assault.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...-aggravated-assault-at-beales-in-bournemouth/

News from Bournemouth - an Indonesian woman consents to a free make-up session, he then covers her face in a white substance and runs off.

"He then roughly caked her face in white makeup, which caused a great deal of irritation and reddening to her face. He was then challenged by a member of staff before he made off from the store. Following enquiries it was established that the man is not a member of staff."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...-aggravated-assault-at-beales-in-bournemouth/
Strange indeed.

What a bizarre story! And in my hometown too!

Last edited:
Bizarre indeed, but a 'hate crime'?

I'm really not seeing the racially-aggravated angle here, unless there's something missing in the news story. Racism and racist assaults are very serious, but the only evidence provided that this event had anything to do with them is: 1) the victim is Indonesian; 2) 'white' makeup.

I'm really not seeing the racially-aggravated angle here, unless there's something missing in the news story. Racism and racist assaults are very serious, but the only evidence provided that this event had anything to do with them is: 1) the victim is Indonesian; 2) 'white' makeup.
Probably evidence enough I would have thought( maybe). Wonder what the reaction would have been to a black "makeup" being applied to a white person. The same or different?

Probably evidence enough I would have thought( maybe). Wonder what the reaction would have been to a black "makeup" being applied to a white person. The same or different?

Epidermal appropriation!

They'd probably have put on a straw boater and burst into a popular musical number.

Probably evidence enough I would have thought( maybe).
Yeah, I'm not really getting this urge to reject racist motives for this incident. Sure, it might not have been racially-motivated, but person of colour having white "makeup" forcibly applied? Come on. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, sure, it might be Nessie. But it's probably a duck. Yes, the culprit sounds like a right weirdo, but here's the thing: weirdoes can be racist, too.

Back