• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Woman Stabbed In UK ‘Terror Attack’ Was An American Spy

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
A woman stabbed in what is thought to have been a terror attack in England last week is an American spy, it is now thought.

One man has been arrested under UK terrorism law in relation to the incident, which took place in a car park close to both the world-famous Cheltenham race course, and the famous ‘donut’ building of Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), a UK spy agency roughly equivalent to the NSA in the United States.

According to a report by the Daily Mail the single female victim of the incident is now thought to be related to intelligence gathering, with the publication claiming that she is an American spy on secondment to a UK government agency.

No details have been given as to what U.S. agency the woman is a part of, nor why she was working in Britain.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-uk-terror-attack-was-an-american-spy-report/

maximus otter

The reformation of the UK treason laws is still ongoing and, whilst the perpetrator is unlikely to suffer the fate of "Lord Haw Haw", the crime of attacking the UK's intelligence agency (OK, I know this was an American agent on secondment to GCHQ) could well constitute a treasonous act, to add to the charge of attempted murder.

Yeah, everybody in Cheltenham is a spy. Join the dots! :chuckle:

Which begs the question... is he a Russian sleeper agent?
I bet there's a LOT in this country.

For this kind of attack, I doubt you need anything as sophisticated as an actual 'sleeper'.

It could be the simple act of a single, unaffiliated but paranoid individual.

It could also be that a single, unaffiliated but paranoid individual might find themselves more prone to being groomed by other elements to act in such a way.

Remote grooming is a resource light way to create a bit of wildfire terrorism, certainly if your aims are relatively unsophisticated - and I should think it's relatively easy to find a mark, given that many will be advertising their potential vulnerabilities both on social media, and in their web usage.

But the simple fact is, as cold-hearted as it sounds, and as horrible as the act is - stabbing someone in a car park in Cheltenham probably does not present the tiniest bump in the road for a national intelligence agency.

Which begs the question... is he a Russian sleeper agent?
I bet there's a LOT in this country.
Not anymore and those that are left are probably quite elderly nowadays, and even if they don't know the agencies know who they are , I was once told by someone who I considered reliable that a lot of the unidentified bodies that wash up or are found agents of the other side who get bumped off

Not anymore and those that are left are probably quite elderly nowadays...

I don't think there's any real reason why the pool of sleeper agents couldn't have been topped up since the class of '89 - there being little doubt that Putin keeps a very well thumbed copy of the Cold War playbook on his desk.

It's worth pointing out that an actual sleeper agent is essentially an inactive one - their purpose is to embed into a society in readiness for a specific mission, which will very possibly be entirely unknown at the beginning of their insertion. At that point - if indeed it ever arrives - they are no longer a sleeper. Sleepers are hard to locate, because - essentially - they don't do anything for an awful lot of their careers.

As to dead agents floating off the British coast - I have to say I'd be kind of surprised if there were an awful lot of them. A turned agent is always worth much more than a dead one, as is an agent still actively working for the opposition but being fed false information. And if neither of those - you need a few on hand for swapsies.

In some ways things have become murkier but both police and the prosecutor say the attack was terror related.

Ms Gargitter said that Bowles had also researched two other US government employees. She said that because of this, the prosecution was asking for Bowles to be sentenced as someone convicted of a terrorist offence.

An ex-UK intelligence worker has pleaded guilty to the attempted murder of a US government employee who worked at a British base with him.

Joshua Bowles, 29, stabbed the woman, who worked for the United States National Security Agency while based at GCHQ, multiple times. The incident happened about three miles from GCHQ's Cheltenham base, in a leisure centre car park, on 9 March.

Bowles appeared at the Old Bailey by videolink from Belmarsh Prison. The woman, who was referred to in court as 99230, was based at GCHQ, the UK's intelligence, security and cyber agency, at the same time as Bowles, who was investigated by counter-terror police.

As well as attempted murder, he also admitted a charge of assault for punching a man, Alex Fuentes, who tried to intervene during the attack, causing him actual bodily harm.

Nick Price, head of the CPS special crime and counter terrorism division, said: "This extremely violent attack against two innocent people was completely unprovoked."

Prosecutor, Emma Gargitter, told the court that Bowles stopped working at GCHQ in late 2022. From the beginning of 2023 he started conducting reconnaissance on the victim, including using the internet, the court heard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-66656919

I have the somewhat contrarian option that spies, undercover agents, and their tendency to be unaccountable to governments and demos alike, are actually agents of destabilisation rather than protection - of course that's not the way they'd look at it. Sometimes the cure is worse than the threat.

Of course governments could simply publish what they are up to then there'd be no need. Maybe the UN should insist?

And I'm not even on drugs.

Update. Looks as if he might have Incel tendencies.

A former UK intelligence worker has been jailed for stabbing a US government employee.

Joshua Bowles, from Cheltenham, attacked the woman in a leisure centre car park, three miles from GCHQ's base, in March. He pleaded guilty to attempted murder and assaulting a second person, causing actual bodily harm. The 29-year-old was handed a life sentence at the Old Bailey, with a minimum term of 13 years.

Armed with two knives, Bowles punched and stabbed the woman repeatedly on 9 March, leaving her with cuts to her abdomen, chest and thigh. The ex-computer software coding developer later said he had targeted her because he could not handle the "murky waters of ethics" and "the power that the American NSA have and the things they do".

During sentencing, senior judge Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb found the stabbing was a "politically motivated attack" driven by "anger and resentment" towards GCHQ and women.

The court heard Bowles had planned the attack and searched online for topics including US Unabomber terrorist Theodore Kaczynski, attacks on women, and white supremacy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-67261379

I thought they were supposed to vet people carefully before they joined the secret services?

Guy who intervened gets bravery award.

A man who halted a knife attack on a US intelligence worker has described the "frenzied attack" in a leisure centre.

Steve Bunn, 44, helped to stop Joshua Bowles who was attacking a US intelligence worker. Mr Bunn, who has been given a bravery award, said he saw a "massive kitchen knife" which Bowles was thrusting towards the woman.

Bowles, 29, himself an intelligence worker from the UK, was jailed for 13 years for the attack in March. He pleaded guilty to attempted murder and assaulting a second person, causing actual bodily harm.

"To be at the right place at the right time, to be able to intervene, I was quite thankful I was in that position," Mr Bunn said.

Mr Bunn - who has a martial arts and security background as well as running a crossfit company - was about to leave the leisure centre on Tommy Taylors Lane in Cheltenham, close to GCHQ, when two women came in.

"The two girls came in shouting 'help us we've been jumped'. One was bleeding badly from the mouth, and being helped by her friend," he said.

However, they were alone, there were no staff in the reception area or other members of the public at 21:00, so he went to help them. But very quickly, the man came in to try and stab the woman again, Mr Bunn said.

"There was a frenzied attack on her. I immediately jumped in, not initially realising there was a knife. As soon as I grabbed him, I saw this massive kitchen knife. He was thrusting the knife underneath my arm towards her. I saw it, lives flashed before me, I thought of my children at home, thought I'd end up in a pool of blood on the floor. It was zero to 100 quite quickly. Within a few seconds of trying to protect myself and her, I thought I heard the knife drop on the floor," he said.

Once he realised it had been dropped, he pushed Bowles away, putting his bag between the two of them for protection. ...

A certificate for Steve Bunn from the Gloucestershire Constabulary in recognition of excellence, written in blue on a white background, with a smart black and gold tube in the background to contain it.

Steve Bunn has now been given a bravery award from the police for his actions

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-67430828

so the attacker was an "intelligence worker" and the victim has been described as a "spy" and the guy who intervened is said to also have a "security" background

strange? or am I reading a series of co-incidences as a conspiracy?

I once delivered some items to GCHQ but got sent to the wrong place.
I was left unattended for a good hour.
But with 20 CCTV cameras and a high-res satellite watching you, and a whole bunch of GCHQ workers sniggering at your discomfort.

Yes, more than likely!
You were probably the subject of a training exercise - random guy has turned up at deliveries - send him to Depot 8 and keep him waiting for an hour. Right, trainees, you have one hour to find out as much as you can about this guy using all the remote tools at your desposal. Time starts... now!

Last edited:
You were probably the subject of a training exercise - random guy has turned up at deliveries - send him to Depot 8 and keep him waiting for an hour. Right, trainees, you have one hour to find out as much as you can about this guy using all the remote tools at your desposal. Time starts... now!
Apparently the RAF lads used to/still do? use vehicles travelling on the M6 up Carlisle way as 'target practice' so it wouldn't surprise me to be also used in some way by the authorities.

Although I'd have thought that an hour watching me would bore the pants off anyone.

Control- driver keeps pacing back and forth and scratching his balls- send for the SAS.

Back