• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

World Record Tongues

A

Anonymous

A thread for all your amazing bodily wonderments careful now..

Starting with world's longest tongue.

_1646912_tongueruler300.jpg

For archival purposes, here is the summarized text and one of the photos from this old news article.
'I've got the world's longest tongue'

... German schoolgirl Annika Irmler has licked her way into the Guinness Book of Records with her whopping seven centimetre tongue.

"My friends always said I had an incredibly long tongue - I could make lots of money with it one day," said Annika.
The twelve-year-old from Tangstedt, near Hamburg, can lick the ice cream from the bottom of a cornet - while her friends have to use their fingers. ...
"I'm just proud that now people everywhere can read about me and my tongue," she said.
"On my first day at school I had to stick my tongue out for everyone."

FULL STORY: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_1646000/1646912.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike-a-light-crikes-alive!

It's huge!

That's something I _would_ like to meet in a dark alley!

:D:blah::D

Niles

Captain Buttock said:
She's gonna be popular.

Why, what on earth do you mean (fluttering eyelashes innocently)

Carole

i'll bet every morning she wakes up and sucks her tounge back in to her mouth and wipes the saliva which will be encrusted down her face and then goes to brush her teeth before heading off to school for a hard days "sticking your tounge out"

cas

Bet David Ike thinks shes a member of the royal family.:blah:

royal family lol she'd better atart watching out for women weilding flowers in a menacing fashion

cas

it's gotta be uncomfortable carrying that about in your mouth... I have quite a large tongue (steady ladies - it's not quite 7cm - :eek:) and that seems too big for my mouth at times... but THAT...

Mind you, remember that there's the membrane that connects the tongue to the bottom of the mouth to protect young children from swallowing their own tongue. This becomes less as we grow older... I would guess that she hasn't got one, otherwise... :eek:

And she probably will be popular as she gets older... although, as I always say, more than a handfull is greedy. Maybe that could extend to tongues...

Her assertion that she could make lots of money with it one day
is slightly alarming from a twelve year old.

Maybe she intends to have it sliced and sold in supermarkets?

I think quite a few pensioners could be satisfied by that with a
nice plump gherkin. :cross eye

the membrane under my tounge is still there and so are those of the other members of my family so maybe its a genetic thing

btw- in the mirror yesterday there was a piccy of the girls tounge and under neath there was some text which said the girls tounge was 70cm long lol now that is a big tounge !!

i'll find it out scan it in and let you have a look to prove it
cas

They do say size isn't everything. At least I've said that. mean to say who do you prefer :p or :blah: ?

There is one Well Known Fact about genetics and tongues - some people can roll their tongue into a tube, whilst others can't, depending on whether or not they have the gene for it.

Well, since you ask, yes I can.

I can actually roll mine from the sides to the middle to make a tube, roll it from the end to the middle to make a spiral, and can rotate it 180 degrees to the left or right too :eek:

Wheeee, I'm a freak too :D

James Whitehead said:
Her assertion that she could make lots of money with it one day
is slightly alarming from a twelve year old.

I know what you mean, Jimbob. Lets hope she means she merely plans to charge people 50p to have a quick look, or she plans to hire herself to retrieve lost objects from difficult to reach corners.

schnor said:
I can actually roll mine from the sides to the middle to make a tube, roll it from the end to the middle to make a spiral, and can rotate it 180 degrees to the left or right too :eek:

Wheeee, I'm a freak too :D

Yeh, I can do that too, Schnor, but I'm not an 'ambidextrous' rotator like you, I can only do that from left to right. Does that make me a 'south-tongue'?

I can curl my lip like Elvis too, but only on the right side!

Carole

Originally posted by carole

I can curl my lip like Elvis too, but only on the right side!

Me too Carole, but only on the left, I can also touch my nose with my tongue, and wiggle my ears.....so there.:blah:

2K6Xu5nD6OgiBImG6FTvL0ctIH6Q0UjiUXNTvobkoM2rLT0PNxTH6lU5zmb03prTDItO3fRUSICbFuF_QQgwzYanxopF1f2evCGFUgI=s512

“A Nepalese school bus driver is hoping to become a Guinness World Record holder thanks to his unusual ability to lick his own forehead.

Yagya Bahadur Katuwal, 35, from Urlabari, Nepal, claims he has the longest tongue in the world, and can cover his nose with his bottom lip while he licks his eyebrows.

Mr Katuwal has become something of a local celebrity…”

https://mpasho.co.ke/lifestyle/2018...river-who-licks-his-forehead-with-his-tongue/

maximus otter

2K6Xu5nD6OgiBImG6FTvL0ctIH6Q0UjiUXNTvobkoM2rLT0PNxTH6lU5zmb03prTDItO3fRUSICbFuF_QQgwzYanxopF1f2evCGFUgI=s512

“A Nepalese school bus driver is hoping to become a Guinness World Record holder thanks to his unusual ability to lick his own forehead.

Yagya Bahadur Katuwal, 35, from Urlabari, Nepal, claims he has the longest tongue in the world, and can cover his nose with his bottom lip while he licks his eyebrows.

Mr Katuwal has become something of a local celebrity…”

https://mpasho.co.ke/lifestyle/2018...river-who-licks-his-forehead-with-his-tongue/

maximus otter
Old old joke of an ugly bloke who sits alone in the corner of the pub and now and then an attractive woman would talk to him and they would go off together. Regular is watching this in amazement and asks the Bar-tender "So what's his secret ?" " Dunno" says the Bar-tender, "all he does is sit there and lick his eyebrows."

This Indian man has a 10.8 cm long tongue that has not yet been certified as a Guinness record.
Man’s 10.8-Centimeter-Long Tongue May Be World’s Longest

K Praveen, a 21-year-old man from Thiruthangal in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, has a 10.8-centimeter-long tongue, according to the India Book of Records.

According to the University of Edinburgh, the average human male tongue is around 8.5-cm-long, which makes K Praveen’s tongue over 2.5cm longer, and probably the longest in the world. The young robotics student has known that his tongue was longer than usual ever since he started showing friends and family what he could do with it… And by that we mean touching the tip of his nose and his elbow with it, and almost touching his eyes. Due to a lack of funds, he has not been able to get his tongue officially measured by Guinness Records, but he did get his name in India’s own Limca Book of Records, for having the longest tongue in the country. ...

The Guinness record for the world’s longest tongue currently belongs to Nick Stoeberl, of Salinas, California, with an official length of 10.1 centimeters. That’s 0.8cm shorter than K Praveen’s. The Indian student now plans to collect funds and approach the international record organization and have his tongue officially acknowledged. ...
FULL STORY (With Photos): http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_1646000/1646912.stm

This Indian man has a 10.8 cm long tongue that has not yet been certified as a Guinness record.
"The Guinness record for the world’s longest tongue currently belongs to Nick Stoeberl, of Salinas, California, with an official length of 10.1 centimeters."

Here is the Guinness webpage for current record-holder Nick Stoeberl, who's held the men's and overall record since 2012:

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-tongue

Here is the Guinness webpage for current female record-holder Chanel Tapper, who's held the record since 2010:

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-tongue-(female)

Techy had a friend who was famous for his long and apparently prehensile tongue.
This made Friend, an otherwise nondescript and often scruffy young man, highly popular with the ladies. They'd compare notes and giggle over him. :chuckle:

A Michigan man has been Guinness-certified as having the tongue with the greatest circumference (4.8 inches).
Tongue-circumference-World-Record.jpg
Michigan man's tongue circumference earns Guinness World Record

A Michigan man was awarded a Guinness World Record when the circumference of his tongue was officially measured at 4.8 inches.

Dante Barnes of Battle Creek said he first realized his tongue might be unusual when he watched a video online of someone measuring their own tongue and decided to give it a try. ...

Barnes' tongue circumference was officially measured at 4.8 inches -- roughly the same size as a ping pong ball.

He said the muscle doesn't give him any trouble during normal tasks.

"It just feels like my tongue. I'm able to flex it like any other muscle ... " he said. ...
FULL STORY (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/04/19/Guinness-World-Records-tongue-circumference/6661650386531/

Bet he's popular.

Back