• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

World Records (Miscellaneous)

World record Big Mac eater

After consuming 728 more Big Macs throughout 2023, Donald Gorske has extended his world record for the most Big Mac® burgers eaten in a lifetime.

Don’s record now stands at a total of 34,128 Big Macs.

The 70-year-old retired prison officer from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA, ate his first Big Mac almost 52 years ago, on 17 May 1972.
He has kept track of every single Big Mac he’s eaten since that day and still has all the containers and receipts.

When he first began eating Big Macs, Don would have up to nine per day. Nowadays, he usually eats two: one for lunch and one for dinner.

He used to drive to McDonald’s every day, but since retiring, he buys them twice per week in batches. He eats a fresh one at the restaurant when he picks up his order, then takes the rest home to microwave when he’s hungry.

Besides Big Macs, Don doesn’t eat much else. He skips breakfast, and the only other food he eats is a small evening snack such as ice cream, a fruit bar, or potato chips.

To maintain his physique, he forgoes the french fries with his burgers, and he walks six miles every day.

In fact, Don’s love for McDonald’s runs so deep that he proposed to his wife, Mary, in the parking lot.

“She has put up with a lot of obsessive compulsive things I do and hasn’t let my Big Mac thing get to her,” Don said.

So somewhere he has 34,128 containers. Dig the haircut.

1709305693932.png

French woman has broken the world record for rope climbing - 118 metres up the Eiffel Tower in 18 minutes.

Chapeau!

Though her quote that "There were many ups and downs on the way to this record" suggests she made it hard for herself! Boom boom!!

It's the highest climb by anybody of either sex as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/10/french-woman-breaks-world-rope-climbing-record

Just remind me if I meet her in the pub not to challenge her to an arm wrestle...!

French woman has broken the world record for rope climbing - 118 metres up the Eiffel Tower in 18 minutes.

Chapeau!

Though her quote that "There were many ups and downs on the way to this record" suggests she made it hard for herself! Boom boom!!

It's the highest climb by anybody of either sex as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/10/french-woman-breaks-world-rope-climbing-record

Just remind me if I meet her in the pub not to challenge her to an arm wrestle...!

Only one hat off for that feat?

;)

maximus otter

Chapeau!

Though her quote that "There were many ups and downs on the way to this record"
There were 118 meters more ups than downs on the way to this record.

Human caterpillar.

Dorset-based caterpillar marathon team say they smashed record​

Manchester Marathon The team plus costume at the Manchester Marathon
Manchester Marathon
The team - plus costume - moments after finishing the marathon on Sunday
Runners who completed a marathon dressed as a caterpillar believe they have smashed the record for completing one in a six-person costume.

Team Phil completed the Manchester Marathon in two hours, 57 minutes and 30 seconds on Sunday.

The Dorset-based team has raised £8,100 for the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association.

They believe they have beaten the previous record by around 87 minutes.

Marcus Green, who formed the team, said they got a "fantastic" reception.

"I am the ringleader - this whole thing is my fault so you've got that added bit of pressure," Mr Green said.

"I landed badly one mile from the finish. I almost ran into James [Bewley], who was number five in the caterpillar, and by that point your legs are so tired."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-68816453

Don't mess with my Tutu. Vid at link.

Ballerinas break world record standing 'en pointe'​

A group of ballerinas has broken the Guinness World Record for the largest assembly of dancers 'en pointe' within a minute.
Dancers gathered at New York City's Plaza Hotel for the attempt.

The 353-strong group beat the previous record of 306 ballerinas "en pointe", set in 2019.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68841887

Back