World Records (General; Miscellaneous)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
An ESPN reporter set a new world's record for longest (successful) cornhole toss.
ESPN announcer breaks world record for longest cornhole shot

An ESPN announcer broke the Guinness World Record for the longest cornhole throw when he tossed a corn-filled bag 76 feet into a hole in a wooden target.

Marty Smith attempted the record ahead of Saturday's football game between the University of Georgia and the University of Tennessee. ...

A Guinness World Records adjudicator was present during the attempt, which was aired live on SEC Network.

Smith sank his shot from a distance of 76 feet, beating the record of 75 feet and 1 inch, which was set by Jonny Gordon in November 2021. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/1...cord-for-longest-cornhole-shot/3611667854319/

EnolaGaia

Staff member
This Danish archer shot 7 consecutive arrows through a 10mm keyhole opening.
Danish archer shoots 7 arrows through keyhole for world record

A professional archer from Denmark broke a Guinness World Record by shooting seven arrows in a row through a tiny keyhole.

Lars Anderson, who posts his archery stunts to his YouTube page, took on the Guinness World Record for most consecutive arrows shot in a row through a keyhole in Lyngby. ...

Anderson successfully shot the arrows through a keyhole that Guinness mandated could be no more than 10 millimeters -- about .39 inch -- wide. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/1...ds-arrows-shot-through-keyhole/4501667945648/

EnolaGaia

Staff member
The calavera catrina is a traditional "female" skeleton figure prominent in Mexican Day of the Dead festivities. The city of Puerto Vallarta has earned a Guinness record for the tallest catrina figure ever built.

split-image-tallest-catrina_tcm25-725899.jpg
Giant calavera catrina in Mexico breaks record as world’s tallest

This year’s Day of the Dead celebrations in the Mexican coastal city of Puerto Vallarta were like no other.

Those visiting the Faro del Malecon, one of Puerto Vallarta’s landmarks, witnessed a Mexican tradition that continues making history.

A huge calavera catrina was unveiled during the town’s annual Day of the Dead Festival, rising above the city’s skyline at 22.67 m (74 ft 4.87 in) tall. ...

With this elegant and feminine skeleton-like figure, the city of Puerto Vallarta achieved the Guinness World Records title for the tallest calavera catrina on 2 November 2022. ...
SOURCE: https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...mexico-breaks-record-as-worlds-tallest-725777

EnolaGaia

Staff member
A Welsh man has set a new Guinness record for the most pubs visited (with a drink taken in each one) in a 24 hour period.
Welsh man drinks at 56 pubs in 24 hours for Guinness World Record

The record has just been broken, but it was an Englishman who did it ... The new record holder confessed it was a lot more difficult than he'd expected, and he spent most of his time going to the toilet.
Man visits 67 pubs in 24 hours to break world record

The record for most pubs visited (and minimum drink taken) in a 24 hour period has been broken again. Certification was apparently delayed, because the record pub crawl occurred last February.

Man visits 78 pubs in 24 hours to break Guinness World Record

A South African man living in Australia broke a Guinness World Record by taking an epic pub crawl to 78 different establishments in a 24-hour period.

Heinrich de Villiers received word from Guinness World Records that his Feb. 10-11 pub crawl across Melbourne with a support team consisting of brother Ruald de Villiers and friend Wessel Burger has been certified as the record for most pubs visited in 24 hours (individual).

De Villiers took the record from Englishman Nathan Crimp, who visited 67 pubs in the Brighton, England, area in a 24-hour period.

"It is important to note that, as per the Guinness World Record rules, we only had to consume 125 milliliters [4.2 ounces] of any drink at each place we visited" ...
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/1...rld-Records-most-pubs-24-hours/1981668187221/

EnolaGaia

Staff member
This Texas woman has been Guinness-certified as having the world's largest (female) feet.
Houston woman has the world's largest feet

A Texas woman who stands at 6 feet and 9 inches tall was awarded a Guinness World Record for having the world's largest feet.

Guinness World Records announced Tanya Herbert of Houston was bestowed the title of largest feet on a living person (female) after her right foot was measured at 13.03 inches long and her left foot was measured at 12.79 inches long. ...

Herbert wears a women's size 18 shoes or a men's size 16-17, depending on the brand. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/11/16/Guinness-World-Records-largest-feet-woman/8651668616147/

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Guinness world record holder (as of two years ago) for the lowest singing voice ..

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
This Texas woman has been Guinness-certified as having the world's largest (female) feet.

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/11/16/Guinness-World-Records-largest-feet-woman/8651668616147/
I guess when she dies, some-one with smaller feet can claim her record of having the world's largest feet on a living person. Fanny Mills, the Ohio Big Foot Girl should be recognised as having the world's largest feet (female) (19") until bigger platters come along.

fanny-mills.jpeg

EnolaGaia

Staff member
A Chinese man has been Guinness-certified as building the tallest house of cards created in 12 hours or less.
Chinese man builds 50-story house of cards to break world record

A Chinese man put his precision to the test by building a 50-story house of cards in a single day to break a Guinness World Record.

Tian Rui of Qingdao, Shangdong Province, took on the record for tallest house of cards built in 12 hours and completed his 50-level structure in only 5 hours and 4 minutes. ...

The finished house of cards measured 11 feet, 0.7 inches tall.

Guinness World Records required the house to remain standing for at least 10 minutes to qualify for the record.
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/11/21/Guinness-World-Records-house-of-cards/8451669062600/

EnolaGaia

Staff member
An English viola player has been Guinness certified as the new record holder for a musician who's played the longest with a single orchestra.
Viola player sticks with same orchestra for 71 years, earns world record

An 86-year-old viola player in England was awarded a Guinness World Record after playing with the same orchestra for over 71 years.

The record-keeping organization confirmed Ann Miller was the new record holder for longest career as a player for the same orchestra after playing viola for the Redhill Sinfonia in Surrey for 71 years and 194 days. ...

Miller, who is still active with the group, first played with the Redhill Sinfonia at age 14 and has now been with the organization for 73 seasons.

Miller took the record from bass player Jane Little, who spent 71 years playing for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/1...cords-longest-orchestra-career/9751669753660/