World Records (General; Miscellaneous)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
A Swedish strong man has set a new Guinness record for throwing a washing machine.
Swedish man throws washing machine more than 14 feet

... Johan Espenkrona broke the world record while going head-to-head with Dutch strongman Kelvin de Ruiter on the set of Guinness World Records' Lo Show Dei Record in Milan. ...

The bodybuilders took turns throwing washing machines in an attempt to break the record of 13 feet and 6.6 inches, which was set by Lithuanian man Zydrunas Savickas.

De Ruiter initially broke the record with a 14-foot, 1-inch throw but Espenkrona ultimately took the title by throwing his washing machine 14 feet and 7.2 inches.
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...-Records-washing-machine-throw/5181655918695/

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
A washing machine... with the concrete weight still in it? Whoa.

Edit: Watched the video, noted that the washing machine is either very small or the man is very big.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
An Oregon man has set a Guinness record for alphabetizing alphabet soup.
Oregon man breaks world record for alphabetizing soup

An Oregon man broke an unusual Guinness World Record when he found and alphabetized all 26 letters in a can of alphabet soup in 2 minutes and 8.6 seconds.

Jacob Chandler said he decided to try to break a Guinness World Record and looked through some possibilities before reading about the alphabet soup record. ...

"... I've eaten plenty of alphabet soup in my life but never stopped to think someone would make a challenge out of organizing the letters," Chandler told Guinness World Records.

Chandler said he made preparations including finding the perfect-sized bowl and spoon, identifying the right kind of alphabet soup with large and easily recognizable letters and studying up to make sure he could tell the difference between letters like "M" and "W." ...

Chandler said there were some factors that were impossible to predict.

"The most difficult part was not being able to know what was going to be in the can at the time of the attempt. Due to the fact each can was sealed and completely random, this made it mentally exhausting to think about" ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/06/23/Guinness-World-Records-alphabet-soup/3191656016665/

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Vid at link.

World's lowest parachute jump attempt

Former paratrooper John Bream jumped from 85 ft (26m) in order to claim the title of the world's lowest parachute jump.

The world record attempt took place in Horndean, Hampshire, which the BBC exclusively filmed.

Video journalist: Tim Nicholson

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-61909617