• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hollow Earth / Inner Earth (Agartha, Etc.)

Emperor said:
If we are still talking about giant penguins then the palaeontological evidence suggests there were some real whoppers in the past.

That's what I wanna hear about - giant penguins!

Emps, do you have any palaeontological links about 'em?

I'll see you 'giant penguins' and raise you 'giant penguins with artificially enhanced intelligence'.

Krobone said:
Emperor said:
If we are still talking about giant penguins then the palaeontological evidence suggests there were some real whoppers in the past.

I love that stuff - whatever animal we have now, you can bet there was a jumbo version that existed at one time. If I owned my own Jurassic Park, I'd insist they make nothing but giant sloth and penguins. Far safer than T-rex.

billsawyer said:
Why don't you post one of these satelitte images Emps, just to lay this one to rest. Preferably one from the North entran... er pole and one from the South.

I'm not Emps, but I got interested and turned to Googels new, lovely satelitte feature (www.maps.google.com, I think). I then zoomed on the the middle of the north pole.

It's white, it's very white. No black shapes or any other kind of markings at all. Now, we have four opinions:

-THEY are manipulating the the images to show something other than the truth. Should be easily done, but they missed to do it with , among other things, Area 51 then they first started the feature.

-The inside of the earth is a brilliant white. Why not? So far up north, it's probably snowing, and why shouldn't the snow fall inside the hole too?

-The white I see is actually a kind of covering, a "lid" on the hole. It would have to be very big, but still.

-That I see is snow, and it's covering ground and ice on the perfecly soild pole.

Now, which theory do you all prefer?

Yep any of those ^^^^^^^^^^ will do - see also the Hollow Earth thread I linked to.

Hokum said:
Krobone said:
Emperor said:

I love that stuff - whatever animal we have now, you can bet there was a jumbo version that existed at one time. If I owned my own Jurassic Park, I'd insist they make nothing but giant sloth and penguins. Far safer than T-rex.

Yep the gravity was less way back then so critters grew big - my grandpappy was around in them there times and told me all about it. Rats the size of houses and all the womenfolk wore fur bikinis. Them were the days alright ;)

Sorry I don't have any links - 10-15 years ago I ran across a great illustration in a palaeontology book (basically showing a sketch of a mdoern penguin standing next to a gaint preistoric penguin) and I had a friend who loves penguins and one who hates birds so I ran a couple of copies off.

I'm sure I can summon the great demon Google and ask it.....

OK not so easy:

Giant penguin fossil found ... Ananova, 2000 :

Giant Penguin

Archaeologists have found the fossil remains of a giant penguin that was almost as big as a man. Experts reckon the bones they've discovered prove the bird was around 1.5 metres (5 feet)tall and weighed 60kg. A dig uncovered the fossil in a quarry near Oamaru on New Zealand's South Island.
http://www.s8int.com/mega1.html

And I found this:

Jenkins, R.J.F. (1974) A new giant penguin from the Eocene of Australia. Palaeontology. 17 (2). 291–310.

here:
www.meas.ncsu.edu/faculty/clarke/public ... ta2003.pdf

Emperor said:

This bit you left out certainly bears quotation Emps:

CLEARWATER BEACH-1948

Numerous people reported a giant penguin seen on Clearwater Beach in 1948. The huge bird was described as 15 feet tall and supposedly left big tracks along the beach. During this same period, some people in a boat off the Gulf coast reported seeing an extremely large penguin-like bird floating on the water.

These incidents were reported in several newspapers. In the same year, another big penguin-like bird was seen by a private airplane pilot on the banks of the Suwannee River in North Florida. The famed investigator of the unknown, the late Ivan Sanderson, conducted a scientific inquiry into both cases. No conclusion or explanation was ever reached.

Where's Clearwater Beach?

Emperor said:
The Yithian said:
Emperor said:

This bit you left out certainly bears quotation Emps:

Where's Clearwater Beach?

I didn't mention it because it is being discussed here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 703#530703

It was that news article that prompted this discussion.

Sorry Emps, haven't been following that thread. You can delete my post or leave it as you choose. :)

*Wanders over to this other thread for a read*

The Yithian said:
Sorry Emps, haven't been following that thread. You can delete my post or leave it as you choose. :)

*Wanders over to this other thread for a read*

I'll leave it - they picked up the news that I'd posted to the fornt page and it wandered into Hollow Earth territory so I never threw in the link and now it has wandered back again so I threw it in.

No harm done.

Google maps! I was rather hoping for an image of the quality that littleblackduck posted of Antartica.

I can't seem to find a good one of the North pole.

i've always wondered if all these mysterious lands people talk about, including the hollow earth are actually inter-reality portals or wormholes or something that people pass through without realisng, and which only open occaisionally...

Lollypockets said:
Were the giant penguins going "tekelili tekelili"?

And admiring the non euclidian symmetry of the ruins no doubt :D

People who believe in the hollow earth theory actually believe there is a sun in the center of the earth. I kid you not.

Would the giant penguins be pretty smart, or did they have small heads on top of big ass bodies?

See also

A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

and

The Coming Race by Edward Bulwer-Lytton

If they were that smart, they'd have figured out how to fly.

Big, giant penguins with artificially enhanced intelligence swooping magestically across the Antartic wastes, yelling "Take that, you Earth-bound, arodynamically-challenged sealions!"

I really must increase my medication.

Chigrima said:
-That I see is snow, and it's covering ground and ice on the perfecly soild pole.
Hate to say it, but this is the least credible of your explanations.

The North Pole is on Pack Ice floating on the ocean. There is no land there.

Just another reason that there probably isn't an opening there.

The South Pole, on the other hand...

Stormkhan said:
If they were that smart, they'd have figured out how to fly.

Big, giant penguins with artificially enhanced intelligence swooping magestically across the Antartic wastes, yelling "Take that, you Earth-bound, arodynamically-challenged sealions!"

I really must increase my medication.

tn_penguin_gun.png

"If it ain't black and white, peck scratch and bite!"

Dammit people, look. It all comes back to Lovecraft. Lovecraft, Lovecraft, Lovecraft! Read the Mountains of Madness. What do the explorers find when they reach the "hollow earth?" That's right, giant friggin penguins. And shoggoths, but that's another story...

Sertile said:
Dammit people, look. It all comes back to Lovecraft. Lovecraft, Lovecraft, Lovecraft! Read the Mountains of Madness. What do the explorers find when they reach the "hollow earth?" That's right, giant friggin penguins. And shoggoths, but that's another story...

And what, just exactly, did ol' horseface have to relate on the subject of Linux?!!! :rofl:

Emperor said:
If this is going to turn into a Hollow Earth discussion then we can take it over to the Hollow Earth thread where a lot of this has been touched on already:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19330

The original poster was linking the two subjects together in their frst post. It didn't start one way then change direction.
I'm wondering what you're objecting to?

Caroline said:
Emperor said:
If this is going to turn into a Hollow Earth discussion then we can take it over to the Hollow Earth thread where a lot of this has been touched on already:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19330

The original poster was linking the two subjects together in their frst post. It didn't start one way then change direction.
I'm wondering what you're objecting to?

I'm not "objecting" to anything - I was pointing out there is already a Hollow Earth thread and so specific Hollow Earth questions are best asked there and have actually already been addressed there.

I was hoping to bring this back to the fact that this is a mix of them both (as you point out) - giant penguins and the Hollow Earth. And it worked.

Fitz said:
People who believe in the hollow earth theory actually believe there is a sun in the center of the earth. I kid you not.

Well, I'm just so confused because I wanna beleive, but I cant. If you go in the earth then its dark. Ok maybe theres a sun inside, but it would be a very small sun and only 20,000 miles from you or so. It would be blinding. How do you get inside the earth and still not have all our oceans drain into it? It doesnt add up at all. I hear maybe the top of the earth sends you to another dimension, thats where the nordics are supposed to be from. That would be alot more beleiveable than the other ideas above. Anywhere I can be pointed on a more extensive website to a hollow earth theory? I want to understand it, as I dont outrule anything off the bat really.

Join an expedition to the bowels of the Earth!

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/VoyagetoHollowEarth.htm

Within our Hollow Earth at the City of Jehu, expedition members could take an inner earth monorail train to visit the lost Garden of Eden located under America on the highest mountain plateau of the Inner Continent...Perhaps in this City of Eden we can visit the palace of the King of the Inner World.

However, please note

By joining Our Hollow Earth Expedition, expedition members agree that there are NO GUARANTEES that this expedition will reach Inner earth...in the event we are unable to locate the North Polar Opening and enter into Inner Earth, we will continue south to the New Siberian Islands and spend a couple of days there checking out the exotic animal remains thought by Hollow Earth researchers to be of inner earth origin.

You also get to go sightseeing in Moscow:
http://www.voyagehollowearth.com/hollow ... erary.html

Something else intersting that I found. The guys at http://www.voyagehollowearth.com/ gave quordinates of " 84.4 N Latitude, 141 E Longitude". And I used terraserver to find the approximate area of those quardinates, and then google sattelite maps to get a picture of it. Here is sattelite imagery of the EXACT spot some people beleive to be the entrance to the hollow Earth. There actually happens to be a hole at this location.....

click this>
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=83.078613,140.493164&spn=2.708130,3.938599&t=k&hl=en

Back