• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hollow Earth / Inner Earth (Agartha, Etc.)

Going underground

Mark Pilkington
Thursday June 16, 2005
The Guardian

Next summer sees the launch of a remarkable expedition led by Steve Currey of Povo, Utah. The 24-day trip begins on June 26, at Murmansk. Participants will board a Russian nuclear icebreaker and head to the geographic North Pole, from where they will travel 600 miles along meridian 141 east to their final destination - the north polar opening of the Hollow Earth.

The route comes from The Smoky God (1908) by Willis George Emmerson. This claims to be the truthful account of Norwegian fisherman Olaf Jansen's encounters with a race of ancient giants living inside the Earth. Most readers recognise the book as science-fiction - following earlier tales by Edgar Allen Poe and Jules Verne - yet for some Hollow Earth enthusiasts, it remains startling fact.

Modern Hollow Earth ideas originated with US Army captain John Cleves Symmes. In 1818 he proposed that large entrances to the Earth's interior lay at both poles. "I ask 100 brave companions to start from Siberia ... with reindeers and sleighs, on the ice of the frozen sea; I engage we find a warm, rich land, stocked with thrifty vegetables and animals, if not men, on reaching one degree north of latitude 82," he wrote in the first of his many pamphlets on the subject. Two years later "Captain Adam Seaborn" printed Symzonia: voyage of discovery, claiming to have followed Symmes' directions to the centre of the Earth.

Symmes gained many adherents, the most enthusiastic being Jeremiah Reynolds, who almost persuaded US President John Quincy Adams to approve an official expedition, but the project was scrapped by his successor, Andrew Jackson. Reynolds did eventually lead his own voyage, sailing to Antarctica in October 1829 - just months after Symmes' death - but they were unable to penetrate the ice surrounding the continent.

The late 19th century esoteric underground was well populated with Hollow Earth believers, most notably Cyrus Teed, whose theories would influence Nazi cosmology. Unverified rumours of Nazi Hollow Earth expeditions persist to this day.

Our current geophysical outlook doesn't leave much room for an inhabited interior, but there's only one way to find out for sure. $19,000, delivered in cash to the Life offices, buys Far Out a place on the Currey expedition. See you at the pole!

www.guardian.co.uk/life/farout/story/0,,1506985,00.html

All seems a bit crazy to me. Didn't think anyone still believed this stuff.

I have yet to find it, but I remember reading a short article about our theory of gravity being wrong due to a simple experiment...

Apparently two holes were drilled (they may have been wells or caves) into the ground at a set distance. A weighted string was then positioned over the center of each cavity, hanging down a particular distance. Through mathematical calculations, they determined that the distance between the weights at the bottom of the strings should be X less than the distance at the top. It seems that the weights were actually further apart, thus screwing with our notion of gravity.

I'll try to find the link. If anyone remembers reading this, let me know where.

Wouldn't it be more accurate and in fact easier to use laser markers pointing down long boreholes? A bit of string and a weight is a pendulum after all.
And all it would take is one of the subterraneans with a bucket of water to make the damn thing swing like a Congressman.

Human_84 said:
Something else intersting that I found. The guys at http://www.voyagehollowearth.com/ gave quordinates of " 84.4 N Latitude, 141 E Longitude". And I used terraserver to find the approximate area of those quardinates, and then google sattelite maps to get a picture of it. Here is sattelite imagery of the EXACT spot some people beleive to be the entrance to the hollow Earth. There actually happens to be a hole at this location.....

click this>
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=83.078613,140.493164&spn=2.708130,3.938599&t=k&hl=en

All I'm seeing is ocean... and an ocean that isn't draining into some hole either.

Anyways, we all know the Earth is flat, not spherical.

Slightly O.T, but in the '80's weren't there some deep shaft miners, somewhere in the USSR who recorded what was purported to be, the sounds of souls burning in hell, below the particular shaft that they were working in? Is the hollow earth filled with the souls of the damned?

There's a thread on that particular tale somewhere...

Look at the latest clips from Madagascar - LOOK AT IT!.

The penguins are psychopathic escapologists who are intelligent enough to hijack a container ship. What more evidence d'you need? The waddling, twee-looking little flightless birds are nothing more than a menace to society!

We must act now before it's too late!

Mmmm. Thanks. All the above has reminded me to drag out the old collection of books and notes re: Hollow Earth and Polar anomolies.

Haven't heard of the giant penguins, but there are numerous accounts of warmer temperatures, mosquitoes, rabbits, foxes, wild-flowers etc. being recorded close to the alleged North Pole. I don't believe Byrd's comments re: the Poles was a hoax.

I'll have you know those penguins are all that stands between us and an Argentine invasion force coming over the South Pole.

I miss the Deadly Serious Party.

They're only interfering with the Argentine strike force since this would confuse their own plans for world domination. They are being sneaky about it though ... they're cleverly guiding them to the edge of the polar hole where the hapless troops get shoved into the void.
They fall, seemingly endlessly, screaming in horror as they realise the time it will take to either burn as they encounter the Internal Sun or plunge helplessly out of the North Hole and into the cold depths of space.

I'm more willing to bet that unstead of a hollow earth, what we really have is a warmer area of the earth, perhaps a few dozen miles across, uncharted, and whos barriers defy camera lenses somehow. But an all out hollow earth seems veeeeery fishy. Anyone partially agree and think this is slightly plausible?

I dunno. After all, mucking about with optical instruments such as ordinary cameras to 'find' massive great holes in the Earths crust might be easy but take into account satellite mapping technology (not the sole preserve of the military or some proposed secret global power), the geological analysis - even on a minor scale - and the chances of such a nonsense existing is pretty damn silly.

Now the ultra-intelligent giant penguins; they are feasible. Paleontology records of The Old Ones, the constant survivability despite being flightless birds who live in extreme weather conditions ... it all fits to demonstrate that they are the Controllers of the Templars, the Freemasons, The NWO and the cost of my tuna-flavoured catfood for my little girl cats.

Well, more convincing than Hollow Earth theory, anyhow...

I've flown over the North Pole on my way to Canadia.I didn't see a hole.

O'course they might just have put the lid back down to avoid detection.

There's just something about the idea of Giant Penguins that appeals to me... :confused:

Kawhia was home of the giant penguin

Children on a fossil hunt have discovered the remains of what may have been the biggest penguin to waddle the planet.

The remains were found last month near Kawhia and are thought to be 40 million years old.

Experts think it may be the finest example of the long-extinct bird found. They say the Kawhia giant dwarfed the huge emperor penguin, and had it lived today would have looked many men in the eye.

The 22-strong expedition from the Hamilton Junior Naturalists Club were out to find fossils for a natural history museum at Te Kauri Lodge, near Kawhia, when one of them noticed what looked like several bones sticking out from a sandstone platform uncovered by the tide near Te Waitere in the Kawhia Harbour. Group leader and eco-guide Chris Templer had dreamed of making such a discovery since he began digging for fossils as a child.

"I went 'Oh my God', and just about keeled over on the reef," he said.

However, fearing the fossil may be ruined if too many people found out about it, he told the group they were old moa bones.

"I wanted to tell the kids but I just had to bite my tongue. I have dreamed about things like this and it's finally happened."

It was several weeks before Mr Templer dared to move it and then only after consultation with Te Papa and local Maori.

A group went out armed with power saws to remove the fossil in just a few hours when it was uncovered by the falling tide.

"We worked like galley slaves the whole day", said Mr Templer. "We got there, I believe, just in the nick of time."

The sea was already starting to erode some material.

"Within a matter of probably 18 months it would have gone or been unsalvagable. If I had blown it, my reputation would have been in tatters."

Alan Tennyson, curator of fossils at Te Papa, said the find could be internationally significant.

"I think it's very exciting to find something like this...it's a very rare event to find such a well preserved specimen. Forty million years ago was a long time."

Te Papa has only three bones from the largest ancient giant penguin. They were found near Oamaru by Charles Traill before 1872.

That bird was estimated to have stood about 1.5m tall and weigh more than 100kg.

Mr Tennyson believed the Kawhia giant penguin would have been a similar size.

"These ancient giant New Zealand penguins were very solid things. It does look like a very big penguin, one of the biggest I've ever seen."

Scientists know of about 12 extinct penguin varieties in New Zealand, with most represented by only one or two fossilised bones. The completeness of the Kawhia find made it more valuable.

"There have been more complete fossil penguins found in New Zealand than this Kawhia one, but very few, and this could be the most complete of the giant penguin." Mr Templer's early measurements led him to believe the bird may be the biggest in the world, and he hopes it will be kept between the Kawhia Museum and Te Kauri Lodge.

stuff.co.nz (via Fark)

See? See? I told you so but would you listen?
*Sits in the corner, looking like a gibbering wreck but actually being a nervous jelly*

Jerry_B said:
"The account claimed by Byrd (not 'Boyd) is a hoax. More info here can be found at the rather interesting 'Hollow Earth Insider' website:

http://www.thehollowearthinsider.com/news/index.php "

Thanks very much for publishing this link. I'd long believed the so-called Byrd Diary to be nothing more than an amateurish fraud but this article absolutdly demolishes it.

The diary has all sorts of things wrong with it, even without referencing the article:

1. It is full of word misusages which an educatd Naval officer such as the real Admiral Byrd would not have used.

2. The whole thing reads like bad science fiction written by a high school sophomore.

3. "Nineteen AND Forty-Seven" is a rural Indiana locution, not Virginian.

4. According to the diary, Byrd finds "nice" Swastika-flying Nazis at the Pole. But he seems to be totally uninterested in why this is so!

5. The underground civilization is apparently full of advanced scientific wonders but the only one Byrd bothers telling us about is....sliding doors! My grandmother had those in the 1920s and the Japanese used them a long time before that.

P. S. I've seen this Diary story set at both North AND South Poles.

:shock:" The Moa, large flightless bird of whom there were originally 24 species, ranged in size from that of a turkey - the anomalopteryx specie - to the 3.7 metre high Dinornis maximus specie, was mainly to be found in the lowlands of New Zealand. Some species, however, also inhabited the mountain areas. The Moa lived on twigs, shrubs, leaves, and tree fruits."

Aha!The twelve foot high "Maximus Aurelius"Giant-Penguin eating Moa.

Former inhabitant of the beautiful(and at least five air-hours away from everywhere)green New Zealand pastures

THE PENGUINS WON!

Incidentally,the Maori discovered NZ fairly recently.It's possible there has been a flightless avian war going on there for centuries,unremarked by any human eye.

Or,more probably,not.

This is interesting:

www.v-j-enterprises.com/holearth.html

Especially this guy he meets:

In 1982, while traveling on faith throughout the western part of the U.S., I had the fortune to meet Ed Palmer in Portland, Oregon, who is the founder of the Cosmic Science Research Center. Ed told us a very strange tale about how he was an exchange baby, that he was originally from Orion but when he was very small, the true Ed Palmer was exchanged for him. He claimed that when he has had a physical examination that there are some differences in his body and also that he has some type of mental plate in his head in which if a UFO comes close, he hears a buzzing sound. Even though Ed was in his 70's or 80's, he definitely had more energy and excitement of life than I at this time (being 27). In any case, Ed gave us a pamphlet that he shared with others about the Hollow Earth. In this pamphlet it said that all planets are Hollow (in Bernard's book, Mr. Bernard explains that what appears to be the pole cap we see of Mars, is actually the light of Mar's inner sun shining out of the pole. Furthermore Bernard states that the Aurora Borealis that is only visible up north is the reflection of the inner sun off clouds passing over the opening of the pole. Also that some explorers of the North Pole have discovered the closer they get to the Pole, the warmer it gets instead of the colder. Could the Mammoths discovered frozen in Siberia with fresh food in their mouth be actually Mammoths that live in the Inner Earth which has a warmer climate, and somehow got lost and wondered into the outer surface?) and that Ed even had a ride on a UFO to the moon which is hollow and that the ETs use the moon to construct spacecraft inside, hidden from our prying eyes. Ed explains that when a planet is formed it is first just gas which is rotating. He said that the heavy particles eventually expand out and create the planet's surface and the lighter particles contract to form the central sun.

Not sure I'd find him the msot reliable of sources.

Just as an aside note to the very first post:
He said they lived for 500 years and had the power to propel machines by drawing energy from the air.

The giants sired by the angels of the watchers that mated with human women who then gave birth to giants whose lifespan was said to be 500 years. Maybe some survived the flood sent to kill them and retreated underground to avoid God's further wrath (refugee aliens perhaps?)
[/quote]

I like the "mental" plate he has in his head, could it be the cause of his irrationality?
:lol:

this book is a great example:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/cc/index.htm
this teed guy claims the earth is a hollow concave sphere, and were all living on the inside surface of it. he goes to some length to prove it and claims that anyone who disagrees with him is an agent of the antichrist or something.

its actually remarkably similar to my pet theory (which i dont so much believe as keep around to amuse myself). its considerably less thought out than teeds, but includes noneuclidean geometry and some funky math, so it makes me happy. i propose that the whole universe is stuffed inside our hollow earth, and it fits because space and everything in it shrinks proportionately to its distance from the surface. coincidentally, the hollow concave earth theory solves the "distance between pendulums in some holes" experiment, provided you allow for centifugal force being the real cause for gravity.
:roll: yeah, i know, but it keeps me amused.....

Hollow Earth Expedition

[I've started this as a new thread, but there are two similar ones from years past:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12232
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16867
MODS may want to merge all 3!

we also have:
HE reading
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8455
HE theories
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19330
which might also be squished and pruned!]

The Hollow Earth Explorer has a New Champion
Advanced Planetary Explorations, LLC staff writer
Posted: 00:35 February 15, 2007

Dr. Brooks A. Agnew

Brooks A. Agnew, PhD has been elected to lead the North Pole Inner Earth Expedition (NPIEE). He is a scientist and an engineer with more than 20 years of experience as a launch manager. The religious and scientific idea that the Earth is hollow has been around for more than 600 years, carved into the celing of places like Rosslyn Chapel and reaching serious notoriety with the likes of Edmond Halley in 1692.

Now, after more than half a millennia, the first civilian expedition is being mounted to reach what the best historians in the world have determined to be the most likely location for an opening through the crust into the interior of the Earth. There have been challenges to this team already, not the least of which was the untimely and unexpected passing of the former expedition leader, Steve Currey.

In September of 2006, the team was redirected to raise funds, for what many are calling the greatest geological expedition in the history of the world, by marketing a subsequent filmed documentary to the major networks. The expedition is expected to cost around $2 million; well out of the financial range of most production companies. A sea-mounted expedition, the NPIEE is bold and offers a venue for documentaries never before imagined by the film industry.

"I cannot go to the Moon, nor can I go to Mars," says Dr. Agnew. "But I can go to the North Pole," he says with his familiar smile and zeal. This area of planet Earth has never been seen by human eyes. Utilizing leading-edge science such as side-scan sonar, dynamo sensing, and gyroscopic global circumference tracking, the team expects to precisely measure the crust and the ocean physical properties to reveal unprecedented features about our planet. Sea-water chemistry, marine life cataloging, and even magnetic measurements will be collected during the 13-day expedition to see if there is any hard evidence that might support the hollow Earth hypothesis.

Now, no experiment on this subject would be complete without the other components so vehemently demanded by millions of paranormal prognosticators. There is a multidimensional aspect to this subject matter. Many believe that there is a void in the interior of the Earth, but that it is fourth, and perhaps even fifth dimensional. These dimensions may require the observer to access higher vibrational levels than the vast sea of seeing-is-believing folks that clog our freeways. There will also be observation effects from the very measurement of these never before seen regions of planet Earth. Something or someone might be disturbed by this process. In other words, if the side-scan sonar sends a pulse across the bow of a 200-foot ship peacefully parked on the floor of the 4200-meter deep ocean, it might relocate itself. Besides being graphed by the sonar software, when that craft moves someone is going to get that movement on film. :shock:

That's why there is a most amazing and complete team coming along. In addition to the 33 scientists coming on the expedition, there are 30 experts in meditation, UFOology, history, mythology, remote viewing, and exopolitics. Add to that several complete film crews, a 24-hour UFO watch armed with infrared and UV digital equipment, and three project data analysts and the stage is set for what may be the best armed team of explorers in history. Beside these skills, each and every participant is being carefully screened to make sure they will offer the most open and unprejudiced collective mind possible.

All they need now is a boat. There is only one ship capable of making the trip. The Russian nuclear-powered ice breaker, Yamal, is more than 450 feet long, weighs 73 thousand tons, 75 thousand horsepower, and can carry 100 civilian passengers in comfort as operated by the Murmansk Shipping Company. In point of fact, it is the only ship on Earth licensed to carry civilians that is capable of making this journey. There is a helicopter and a smaller boat on board to allow great access to anything, including the possibility of an opening like what Admiral Byrd allegedly discovered in the mid-twentieth century.

Advanced Planetary Explorations, LLC, under the leadership of Dr, Agnew, has put together the plan, the people, and is eagerly seeking support from those who would apparently benefit the most from the film footage. "Everest has been climbed a hundred times. The Titanic has been scanned from stem to stern. This is the first and only expedition to the North Pole Opening ever attempted," Dr. Agnew states. "If the networks can't see the value in that, then we will privately fund it and tour the film the world over so everyone can see how the planet is really made," he says. "If it isn't there, it will still make an outstanding documentary. But," he pauses with his finger pointing at the sky, "if we do find something, this will be the greatest geological discovery in the history of the world."

There is no doubt that 40-meter seas, dodging icebergs, and crunching through two meters of ice for days on end while bringing the consciousness of a 100-man team higher than any workshop you could imagine will produce hundreds of hours of premium film. Enough for two or three full-length feature films with multiple angles and themes. A plethora of scientific and metaphysical material to be sure.

Not only does this promise to be the documentary of the century, it promises to be the challenge of the century as well. Perhaps as difficult to pull off as the first trip into space. "All we're asking," Dr. Agnew says with his hands out like a man asking for a hand in marriage, "is for the people to look through the telescope. Just look through the eyepiece and tell us what you see," referring to Galileo's challenge to the medieval church officials who established with a threat of death that the Earth was in fact flat.

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0207/hollowearth.html

Gee what a delightful display of sheer madness!

I guess they forgot about things like satellites - but they did leave themselves wiggle room. Thev've created the possibility for 4th and 5th dimensional openings.

What fools these mortals be.

Gee, a planned expedition to the Inner Earth.

We haven't had one of those for several years,

At that time I was on a Yahoo list with a fellow who used the screen-name "Machoarm" and was raising funds to buy a one-man helicopter and fly it down into the north polar opening.

Haven't heard from him since, come to think of it.

I'm really amazed that a man with a PhD is leading this expedition.
I suppose he'll be making lots of money from a series of documentaries and books.

Oh, I'm cynical, me. 8)

Mythopoeika said:

What's his Ph. D. in? Where's it from? Where was he a launch manager and what was launched?

Is this going to be like "Starship Capricorn"? Months of procrastination and always delayed by outside forces, perhaps by the inhabitants of the 4th & 5th dimesions?

Just keep them $$$ rolling in.

OldTimeRadio said:
Mythopoeika said:

What's his Ph. D. in? Where's it from? Where was he a launch manager and what was launched?

I'd hazard a guess that the PhD certificate is from a Cracker Jack box. :D

Back