• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

World's Youngest Criminals

ogopogo3

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Future serial killer shows early warning signs

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,51730,00.html

7-Year-Old Florida Boy Charged With Felony for Pencil Stabbing

Thursday, May 02, 2002

ANTHONY, Fla. — A 7-year-old boy has been charged with aggravated battery, a felony, for allegedly stabbing four elementary school classmates with a pencil after he was asked to share his crayons.

No one was seriously hurt during Tuesday's incident about 70 miles north of Orlando, police said.

The Anthony Elementary School student was taken to the Marion County Juvenile Assessment Center and will likely be expelled from the school for the rest of the year, school district spokesman Kevin Christian said.

The boy began yelling during class after he was asked to share his crayons, police said. The 7-year-old then began chasing students and stabbed a classmate in the back, causing a puncture mark.

The boy also stabbed three other children, causing red marks, authorities said.

"Everyone went ballistic," Kristin Irvin, the substitute teacher overseeing the class, told the Ocala Star-Banner. "All the other students were afraid of him. He was making threats."

The boy said he stabbed his classmates because he "didn't like them," police said.

Earlier in the morning, school officials said the boy had taken his medication, Irwin said. She didn't know what kind of medication the boy was taking.

The boy's mother declined comment Wednesday.

The boy has had discipline problems in the past but has never attacked other students, school officials said.

The state Department of Juvenile Justice will decide how the student's trial will be handled, said Chief Assistant State Attorney Ric Ridgway.

In January, an 8-year-old boy at another Marion County school, Fessenden Elementary, was arrested after school officials said he stomped on his principal's toe.

Hmm, that medication is very suspicious. I know that one of the anti-acne treatments currently available sends people psychotic.

As for future serial killer? nah, might "go postal" though. Serial killers tend to be the quiet ones avoiding trouble and hurting animals, quietly - or so I've been told.

Florida seems to have a lot of those stories, hm.......
But, so does Washington. Just had a 16yr boy kill an 8yr old neighbor boy (by INJECTING him with Insulin!!)because the kid "annoyed him". Killer boy was supposed to be on medication for one of those ADD things but his mother chose not to give it saying that she would let God sort out his psychological problems.
Who should be arrested here?

It's obvious - God. He didn't sort out the boy so he's to blame

:devil: :spinning :D

Well, if there was a God there probably wouldnt be a need for medication.

But just because this guy has a temper, doesn't make him a serial killer. I'd also say he's more likely to go postal. Especially since it seems to be some form of disease he's having. ADS or so.

Hmph. I'm not sure I even believe in ADD. In my day it was called 'being a little shit' and a damn good hiding always seemed to cure it. Spare the rod; create a spree killer...

IKWYM. There does seem to be a medical explanation for disruptive behaviour in some kids but in my professional capacity I am often alarmed by the readiness of some parents to Rytilin (sp?) their little sod into a virtual coma as a quick fix.

I think that ADHD does exist and is a real medical condition. But I also think that doctors and parents are too quick to assign the blame for a child's misbehavior on it. In many cases I think that if the parents did a better job of disciplining their children at an early age, they wouldn't have the same problems. I say that as a parent myself. I've seen two instances from family and friends with this.

In one case, the boy's mother let him get away with things instead of disciplining him (his father on the other hand did not.) When he got into grade school, they diagnosed him with ADHD and put him on meds. The irony is that they didn't work. He still "acted out" toward his mother, but behaved for his dad.

In the other case, it was a toddler whose mother wrote it off as "terrible twos" when he misbehaved. Well, he didn't "grow out of it" and now at 4 1/2 years old is a very moody child. He keeps to himself quite a bit and when he does interact with other kids it often ends badly. Note: There has not been any speculation on anyone's part about this little boy having ADHD

I've seen enough of both of these kids to have the educated opinion that both suffer from a lack of discipline.

In January, an 8-year-old boy at another Marion County school, Fessenden Elementary, was arrested after school officials said he stomped on his principal's toe.

Oh, for crying out loud! At around the same age I deliberately tripped up a teacher but have somehow failed to become a serial killer. In those days (cue nostalgic music) it was called "childish behaviour" or "having a bit of a strop".

Children are certainly capable of committing awful crimes, but stamping on a foot? "Stabbing" with a crayon? Does anyone else think that we're getting a bit carried away here?

Jane.

I'm not sure I even believe in ADD. In my day it was called 'being a little shit' and a damn good hiding always seemed to cure it. Spare the rod; create a spree killer...
Invie.

Yeah, that was my Dads attitude, it worked too: Ive never killed ANYONE for fun. However, I am waiting until he is a feeble old-man to throw him out of his wheelchair and kick his fuching head in, so he knows what its like when youre relying on someone else to decide when youve had enough.

Ok a few points, maybe relevant - maybe not

The best behaved children I have ever met (4 distinct families) were all brought up without television

Painful experiences, emotional and physical, are regarded as always being damaging to the child so teachers are forbidden to use them.

There is a modern fantasy that children are, unless ill, incapable of harming others

Another fantasy - childhood is a time of innocence

Do child psychologists have to spend time - say 5 years - teaching children in a normal school?

Could the upsurge (?) in aberant child behavior be linked - like regressive autism - to vaccine damage?

On the subject of serial killers, from the BBC :

'The inquiry into convicted serial killer Harold Shipman is entering its second phase, with broadcasters allowed access to proceedings for the first time since it began....

Viewers watching CNN, BBC, BSkyB, ITN and Granada will be able to watch delayed scenes from the start of the inquiry's second phase on Tuesday. [07.05.02]'

I'll probably be working, so I'll miss some of it. :(

Wonder if they'll broadcast the highlights?

Youngest drug smugglers

Some people really shouldn't be allowed to have kids:

Drug ring used babies as decoys

By Sharon Cohen
The Associated Press
January 26, 2004

CHICAGO - He knocked on the door of the squalid basement apartment, looking for a young couple. Their baby girl had been stopped at an airport thousands of miles away, and it wasn't her first suspicious trip.

The 8-month-old had already traveled to Panama and London five times, usually in the arms of strangers and often exposed to danger. The latest trip had ended abruptly with an arrest - at Heathrow Airport.

"Your baby was with a woman who was caught with drugs," U.S. Customs agent Pete Darling told the parents coolly. "Can you folks tell me what's going on?"

Calmly - too calmly, he thought - the couple claimed their child had been taken from a babysitter's house and they had filed a kidnapping report.

Darling noticed the parents were sickly looking and the apartment was a mess: dirty dishes in the sink, cardboard boxes on the floor, the smell of marijuana in the air.

He knew something was terribly wrong.

What Darling didn't know was he had begun to unravel an international drug smuggling ring - a multimillion-dollar business that stretched from flea-bag hotels in Panama to the gritty streets of the Bronx to the industrial heart of England.

And it ran through the drug-ridden, decaying South Side neighborhood where Darling now stood - the place the smugglers turned to for a precious commodity: babies.

q q

As he prowled the terminal at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport, Mike McDaniel was already suspicious.

For weeks, the Customs inspector had been encountering women, some with babies, passing through en route to Chicago, who claimed they had visited husbands or boyfriends in the military in Panama.

But their stories were fishy.

The hotels they claimed they stayed at were nowhere near military bases. McDaniel happened to know that because he had served in the U.S. Army in Panama.

McDaniel had done some luggage searches, but nothing turned up.

Then, McDaniel stopped Donna Washington, who said she had taken her grandson to see his father, stationed in Panama for the Army. But she wasn't able to tell him her son's address or rank.

When McDaniel looked inside her luggage, he found six large baby formula cans and a seventh small one. He shook them and one rattled. Something solid was inside.

He tested liquid from one can. The result: cocaine.

He tested a piece of pellet from the solid-sounding can. The result: Heroin.

Washington feigned surprise.

But her attitude turned indignant as McDaniel picked up the baby's bottle, twisted off the cap and sniffed it.

"What kind of person do you think I am?" she asked.

He didn't answer.

q q

Customs agents now had two arrests - London and Atlanta - with the same pattern.

Both women carried other people's babies, lived in Englewood and were accused of smuggling drugs in the same ingenious way: infant formula cans - using toddlers as decoys.

Darling, a newcomer to Chicago and the Customs Service, started piecing together the puzzle. It was 1999, and this was his first big case. "I was looking to make my mark," he says.

Accompanied by a Chicago police officer, Darling returned to the couple whose baby had been stopped in London. "You guys have got to tell me the truth," he told them.

The parents, drug-addicted and HIV positive, confessed and told Darling that a neighborhood woman, Selina Johnson, had asked to be their baby's godmother, promising free milk and clothes for the child.

Johnson was more than 6 feet tall and charismatic: As the so-called first lady of the Sisters of the Struggle - a female auxiliary of the Gangster Disciples street gang - she could deal drugs in her neighborhood with impunity.

The couple told Darling that when their baby was 3 weeks old, they allowed Johnson to take her for a few days - not even asking where they were going.

They eventually admitted they had "rented" their baby to be used as a decoy for drug smugglers. The going rate: about 0-0 a trip or a small amount of marijuana.

Other women, too, had taken their baby, they said.

They rattled off names but didn't always know precisely where the women lived.

Darling took notes, his mind racing with a new reality: This drug ring was much bigger than he thought.

q q

A paper trail would provide many clues.

Darling and federal prosecutor Scott Levine spent months poring over customs records and airline tickets, tracking the couriers' travels.

The smugglers flew from Panama City and Montego Bay and Kingston, Jamaica, to Chicago, New York, London and Birmingham, England, bringing in more than 100 kilos of cocaine and six kilos of heroin.

The couriers were paid up to ,000 a trip; some also received drugs.

Much of the drugs were concealed in formula cans the smugglers figured would escape detection by drug-sniffing dogs. Cocaine was liquefied in Panama and injected into the can, which was then soldered and the label reattached.

Small cans could bring big cash.

A kilo of cocaine (about three cans) that cost ,000 in Panama could reap ,000 or more in the United States and double that in England. Once it was cooked into crack and sold as dime bags, the profit multiplied by several times.

Jamaicans, Colombians, Panamanians and Americans all participated in the conspiracy. Fake passports and driver's licenses were obtained, and the couriers, many of them addicts themselves, took their own children or carried "rented" babies on dozens of trips - a scam, says Levine, that posed extraordinary dangers.

"Can you imagine," the prosecutor fumes, "a drug addict from Chicago traveling in a foreign country where she does not even speak the language, taking care of a baby she has never seen, attempting to score some heroin ... while she waits for cocaine-filled baby formula cans to arrive?"

q q

As Pete Darling climbed up crumbling steps and entered roach-infested apartments, he couldn't ignore the poverty that enveloped the women he visited.

"This wasn't just dealing with bad guys," he says. "This was dealing with human beings struggling every day."

Darling and his frequent partner, Billy Warren, an agent for the Drug Enforcement Administration, played it low-key.

"I don't like to browbeat people," Darling says.

And both were aware they were outsiders: Warren was a former Kansas City cop; Darling had worked as a government investigator in his native Massachusetts.

q q

Taking down a drug ring is like dismantling a pyramid, stone by stone, from the bottom up.

In this case, Levine and fellow prosecutor David Hoffman, both veterans of the drug wars, "flipped" the baby-carrying couriers, then worked their way up.

It wasn't long before several couriers had confessed and two leaders - Troy Henry and Orville Wilson, both Jamaicans - were cooperating. Wilson, in turn, told prosecutors the formula cans were the brainchild of Clacy Watson Herrera, a Colombian charged with supplying most of the drugs.

Levine couldn't help thinking it was sheer luck that none of the 22 babies was injured or mistakenly given cans filled with drugs.

It would take 21/2 years to make the arrests.

The last was Selina Johnson, the recruiter, who swallowed 20 to 30 dime bags of crack to hide evidence when she was apprehended.

Over the next two years, 48 defendants pleaded guilty, including Johnson, who received a 10-year sentence. The couriers were sentenced to five to 10 years in prison; the parents who rented their babies, between 10 months and eight years. The only person who stood trial received a life sentence.

One last defendant, a leader who obtained drugs and organized several Jamaican trips, will be sentenced Wednesday.

Three men remain fugitives, and Herrera is serving a 72-month sentence in Panama for drug trafficking on an unrelated case.

q q

Pete Darling wanted to help at the end.

So he testified on behalf of three couriers at their sentencings.

One was Kim Washington, who had thrown Darling out of her apartment when he first met her. In the years since, she had kicked drugs and found work. She gave much credit to one man.

"I thank Pete Darling for arresting me ... he saved my life because I couldn't do it myself," she told the judge, who sentenced her to 44 months in prison.

Afterward, Darling, the dogged investigator, embraced her family.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article177749.ece

As opposed to the oldest:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14832&highlight=oldest+criminals

Good start:

14-year-old girl suspected of attempting to rob Roseville bank

Updated: 09/05/2004 02:25:21 PM

ROSEVILLE (AP) - Police say a 14-year-old girl is suspected of trying to rob a bank in Roseville.

The girl is accused of handing a teller a note saying she had a gun, and demanding 100 dollars on Friday.

The girl ran away when the teller went to get the money. Police arrested her nearby.

She told police she needed the money because her account was empty. She also says she didn't really have a gun. She's being held in the Ramsey County juvenile detention center. She has not been charged.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S2275.html?cat=1

But this may take the biscuit:

Girl stabbed in eye by toddler gets 9,000

September 7, 2004 - 3:21PM

A Sydney child carer has been ordered to pay more than 0,000 in damages for failing to prevent a toddler stabbing another child in the eye with broken glass.

Tamara Prest was only four years old when another child damaged her eyesight by stabbing her with a broken beer bottle at a western Sydney baseball field.

The NSW District Court today ordered Tamara's then child carer Cheryll Walshe to pay her 9,144 for being negligent in not preventing the incident between two children on August 14, 1998.

Tamara and her younger brother Braiden attended council-approved child care at Mrs Walshe's St Claire home, in Sydney's west, in 1998, along with four-year-old Courtney and two-year-old Jesse.

On August 14, 1998 Mrs Walshe took all four children to watch her 16-year-old son Simon play baseball at a nearby park.

Judge Linda Ashford said during the game Tamara reached into the stroller to hug her little brother and Jesse tried to do the same.

But Tamara pushed Jesse away and he "lashed out with his right hand in retaliation", she said.
Advertisement

Advertisement

It was only while Mrs Walshe was comforting Tamara that she realised she had a "blood tear" on her face and was told "Jesse had glass".

Tamara required surgery and now aged 10 requires glasses and cannot go outside without sunglasses and a hat because of problems she has with glare.

"Whilst she has little memory of the events of 14 August, 1998, she is left with continuing problems relating to her eyesight as a result of the injury," Judge Ashford said.

"She is now required to wear glasses ... and she experiences problems in bright sunlight and bright lights."

Judge Ashford found Mrs Walshe was in breach of her duty of care especially considering she knew there was broken glass in the area and the children were throwing something around.

"In such circumstances she should have properly made an inquiry or search of the children to ensure none of them had any objects which were capable of being thrown around, or more particularly pieces of glass," she said.

Judge Ashford said the then toddler responsible for the injury was not a bully despite evidence showing he had bitten, hit and pushed Tamara and Courtney.

Tamara's mother, Melissa Prest, said on one occasion Jesse had hit her daughter in the face with a tennis racquet.

"I do not believe they establish that Jesse was a bully or a habitual biter and I accept the evidence of Mrs Walshe that Jesse was a normal active two-year-old," she said.

http://smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/07/1094530594569.html

Not exactly a toddler, but...

This is from about a bit ago.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories/2004/07/040714caught.shtml

Teen charged with murdering dad caught in Florida
an Associated Press report 7/14/04

PRINCETON, W.Va. - A 14-year-old girl on the run after being charged with murdering her father has been arrested in Florida, authorities said.

Kayla Marie LaSala had been under house arrest at an uncle's house and fled on July 3 after removing an electronic monitoring device from her ankle and gluing it to a cat.

A tip came in to detectives on Tuesday that she was in an Orlando, Fla., suburb with a 25-year-old man after her case was featured on the Web site of the television show "America's Most Wanted," WVNS-TV reported.

LaSala faces trial Sept. 7 as an adult on a first-degree murder charge for the Feb. 23 death of her father, Stephen LaSala, who was stabbed 100 times.

Kayla LaSala apparently met Troy Gilmore from Altamonte Springs, Fla., on the Internet, Mercer County sheriff's Sgt. A.D. Beasley told WVNS-TV.

Beasley said she was arrested at Gilmore's house after officers tracked him down at his job on Tuesday and he told them LaSala was there.

LaSala will be extradited back to West Virginia and prosecutors will ask that her bond be revoked. Gilmore faces abduction charges in West Virginia and additional charges in Florida, Beasley said.

According to the latest follow-up, her trial's been postponed til December.

I'm sure she's not the youngest to be tried as an adult, but the story caused a bit of a stir due to the extreme violent nature of the crime.

A recent report but of relevance to the thread:

Shotgun robber, 12, avoids jail

A 12-year-old boy, one of the youngest armed robbers in the UK, has been spared detention because of his age.

The schoolboy burst into a store in West Bromwich with a 12-bore sawn-off shotgun demanding cash and cigarettes, Wolverhampton Crown Court was told.

But staff at Your Cheap Shop kept the youngster talking until police arrived.

The boy, now 13, admitted possession of a firearm with intent and attempted robbery and was sentenced to a three-year supervision order on Thursday.
[...]

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3579696.stm

Published: 2004/08/19 11:42:32 GMT

© BBC MMIV

and from today's news:

Boy, 13, accused of pizza murder

A 13-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a member of staff at a north London pizza restaurant.

Noor Ulamin Kasimi, 32, from Wembley, was stabbed in the heart during an argument with three youths at Twin Star Pizza in Holloway Road last Thursday.

He was taken to hospital where he died on Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is due at Thames Youth Court on Friday. A second boy, 14, was arrested and released on police bail.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/london/3642512.stm

Published: 2004/09/09 16:23:30 GMT

© BBC MMIV

It may not be to everyone's taste but I found this book really interesting, it covers the Bulger Case, Mary Bell and many others:

When Kids Kill: Shocking Crimes of Lost Innocence
by Jonathan Paul
ISBN: 0753507587
Virgin True Crime Library

Link

This is of course not on the same magnitude as the other things here (murder and bankrobbing and so on), but the criminal is very young. A four-year old girl was filmed in a swedish bank while she walked around the staffmembers' desks, stealing evey key she saw and hiding them in her pockets. I don't think they ever found out who she was, but it was obvious her mother, who was talking to a member of the staff, had made her do it. Sad...

(edited for spelling and adding information)

Boy, 7, Charged in Arson That Killed Man

Boy, 7, Charged With Arson, Second-Degree Homicide in House Fire That Killed Elderly Man

The Associated Press

SUGAR NOTCH, Pa. Sept. 25, 2004 — A 7-year-old boy was charged with arson and second-degree homicide for setting a house fire that killed a retired school guidance counselor.

Benjamin Morris, 76, died in a June 12 blaze that began on the back porch of his home in Sugar Notch, a few miles southwest of Wilkes Barre.

The house, which burned to the ground, was filled with papers and clutter, and had only one passable exit, according to firefighters.

Prosecutors declined to reveal much about the investigation, citing the boy's age.

Cases of children younger than 10 who are charged with a crime other than murder are handled by juvenile dependency judges. Those judges can order counseling or place a child in foster care or a treatment center but cannot impose jail-like punishments.

State Police spokesman Tom Kelly declined to say what led investigators to the child. He said no accelerants were used to fuel the fire, which was started by some type of open flame.

-------------------------
Copyright 2004 The Associated Press.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040925_111.html

Boy Charged in Father's Slaying in Texas

HOUSTON (AP) - A 10-year-old suspected of fatally shooting his father a month ago after watching his parents endure a bitter divorce has been charged with murder.

The boy was charged last week in the Aug. 27 death of Dr. Rick Lohstroh, lawyer David Matthews said.

The 41-year-old physician was shot outside the Katy home of his ex-wife, Deborah Geisler, after he arrived to pick up his two sons for a weekend visit following a divorce that included unproven allegations of sexual abuse of the 10-year-old by the father.

Investigators say the boy, who was taking the anti-depressant Prozac at the time of the slaying, took a pistol from the home, climbed into the back seat of his father's sport utility vehicle and shot Lohstroh in the back.

If allegations against the 10-year-old are found to be true in juvenile court, he could be held as a youth until age 18 and then could be imprisoned for an additional 40 years, a lawyer for the boy has said.

The boy remained Thursday in the Harris County Juvenile Detention Center. His brother is with their grandparents, who were granted custody of both boys.

A hearing is scheduled for Oct. 5, said Matthews, who represents the grandparents in a lawsuit against Prozac's manufacturer.

Matthews told the Houston Chronicle for Thursday's editions he could not discuss anything further about the boy or the charges against him.

On Sept. 15, Juvenile Court Judge Kent Ellis imposed a gag order prohibiting the boy's relatives and lawyers in the case from providing information to reporters. The order came at the request of attorney Brian Fischer, who was appointed to represent the child's interests during the criminal proceedings.

-----------------
09/30/04 10:18

© Copyright The Associated Press.

Source

Authorities: Girl attacked baby sitter with machete

Thursday, October 7, 2004 Posted: 2355 GMT (0755 HKT)

BARSTOW, California (AP) -- An 11-year-old attacked her baby sitter with a machete during a struggle that included attempts by the girl to grab a baseball bat, a shovel and a BB gun, investigators said.

The girl fled on a bicycle after the attack but was arrested about an hour later and booked for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon, said Sgt. Doug Hubbard, of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The 34-year-old sitter telephoned deputies after fending off the Tuesday attack and locking herself and the girl's 12-year-old sister in the bathroom of the Mojave Desert home, Hubbard said.

No serious injuries were reported.

The girl and the sitter had gotten into an argument over feeding a dog, and the girl began to beat and choke the animal, Hubbard said. The sitter tried to pry the girl off the dog.

The scuffle moved to the front yard, where the girl grabbed a shovel and then a baseball bat in an attempt to attack the woman, Hubbard said. The girl next found a BB gun, but the woman got it away from her, he said.

The altercation continued until the girl found the machete lying in the yard and began to chase the woman, who took refuge in the bathroom, Hubbard said.

--------------
Copyright 2004 The Associated Press.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/10/07/babysitter.attacked.ap/index.html

Oct. 11, 2004, 6:20AM

12-year-old girl accused of shooting
of mother after grounding

Associated Press

DALLAS -- A 12-year-old girl upset over being grounded is accused of shooting her mother to death early Sunday in her bed.

The girl's 10-year-old brother called police about 1 a.m. after finding his mother, 48-year-old Elvira Marion Walton, shot.

The 12-year-old who was being detained at the Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center.

"Apparently the motive is because the daughter was upset that the mother disciplined her," Dallas police Sgt. Gary Kirkpatrick, homicide unit supervisor, said in Monday editions of The Dallas Morning News.

Walton had six children and lived in a converted garage used as the family home. An older daughter, 22-year-old Thanica Derrick, said her mother had been having trouble with the 12-year-old.

"She is your average 12-year-old, hormones and everything," Derrick said. "There's nothing that bad to make her do that to my mama. She had been breaking out of the house and not going to school."

Neighbor Lashonda Washington said the 12-year-old regularly stayed out late with neighborhood boys.

"She was always down the street," Washington said. "Her mom was always going down the street at night, telling her it was time to come home."

Derrick is taking care of her 10-year-old half-brother.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2841316

Some more info on the above story with a few different angles:

Police: Girl planned slaying of mother
12-year-old might have brought friends to see body before 911
call

Monday, October 11, 2004
By TANYA EISERER, MICHAEL GRABELL and MICHAEL E. YOUNG
The Dallas Morning News

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/101204dnmetshoot.60b82.html

The young girl accused of shooting and killing her sleeping
mother early Sunday carefully planned the crime, Dallas police
say, and apparently brought friends to see the body before
allowing her little brother to call 911.

"She's not your average 12-year-old," said Sgt. Gary Kirkpatrick
of the homicide unit.

But then, her life was far from typical.

The girl, whose name has not been released because of her age,
has been charged with murder and was being held at Henry Wade
Juvenile Justice Center.

Her 10-year-old brother's call to police about 1 a.m. Sunday
came only after the girl's plan played out, several neighbors
said.

One, a 15-year-old friend whose name is being withheld because
his parents couldn't be contacted, saw the girl minutes after
the shooting.

"She came down the street crying," he said. "She said [her
mother] had hit her in the head and that she shot her mom while
she was in bed.

"She's not a bad person, not around me," the boy said. "She
didn't say nothing about planning to do this, but she said her
mom would hit her."

An acquaintance said the 15-year-old said the girl took him back
to her house – a converted one-car garage – to see 48-year-old
Elvira Marion Walton's body. She'd been shot below the left eye,
the boy told her, a fact police confirmed. The weapon was a
rifle the family kept for protection.

"After she shot her, she packed her and her brother's clothes,"
said the acquaintance, a woman who added that the girl woke her younger brother and led him to a friend's house nearby.

Police couldn't confirm that the girl returned to the murder
scene, but, "We're definitely considering that possibility,"
Sgt. Kirkpatrick said.

Sneaking out of house

The woman said Ms. Walton had constant problems with her
daughter sneaking from the house to visit her boyfriend.

"She liked the older boys," the woman said. "She would always
sneak out of the house to go down there."

She added that she didn't believe Ms. Walton abused her
daughter. She remembered that Ms. Walton was mad at one of her
older daughters who suggested that she'd come by and spank her
sister for skipping school.

The 12-year-old "was getting out of hand, doing what she wanted
to do," the woman said, while Ms. Walton "seemed like a loving
mother to me."

Police also questioned the girl's story of being hit hard enough
to lose consciousness.

"There were no visible marks or indications of abuse," Sgt.
Kirkpatrick said.

But there's no doubt the girl grew up in a troubled home.

Records from Ms. Walton's divorce case with the girl's father,
Robert Walton, depict a stormy marriage marked by allegations of
abuse, adultery and child molestation. That divorce was pending
when Ms. Walton died.

Ms. Walton's daughter from an earlier relationship signed an
affidavit in February 2001 stating that Mr. Walton sexually
assaulted her when she was "5 or 6." She never told her mother,
she said, because she was afraid.

Ms. Walton accused her husband of assaulting her once or twice a
week and said he had had numerous affairs with men since the
couple's marriage in July 1984 after they met a few years
earlier while he was serving in the U.S. Army in Germany. She
said he threatened to send her back to Germany if she told
police.

Ms. Walton said her husband has been hospitalized for bipolar
disorder, which he confirmed.

Mr. Walton, now living as a transsexual, acknowledged Monday
that he had had extramarital affairs with men while married but
said his wife had had affairs, too. He said Ms. Walton was
working as a prostitute when they met.

The pair separated in January 1998, and in August 2000, Mr.
Walton took their daughter and son – he says with permission
from police – and eventually brought them to his hometown,
Washington, D.C.

"I was the one that had them in school," he said. "I had them in
Boy Scouts. I had them in Girl Scouts. I had them in church. I
had them in after-school activities. I had them in soccer.

"I was being the mom and the dad, the aunt and the uncle, the
grandpa and the grandma, the niece and nephew all in one," Mr.
Walton said.

Mr. Walton said he was arrested for interfering with child
custody after taking the children, jailed for several months and
barred from seeing them for three years.

10-year-old with sister

The couple's 10-year-old son is now being cared for by one of
his three adult sisters. Child Protective Services declined to
comment on whether they've investigated the family.

Mr. Walton filed for divorce on Jan. 25, 2001, and two months
later, Ms. Walton was granted custody of the children. Mr.
Walton was ordered to pay $193.75 a month in child support.

Last month, the Texas attorney general filed charges against Mr.
Walton for failing to make those payments. Mr. Walton said he is
unable to pay because he can't get a job because of his
disorder. A hearing is scheduled for Oct. 28.

Mr. Walton denied the allegations in the divorce records, saying
his wife lied to get the children back.

"She's lying, she's lying, she's lying," he said.

He also denied his stepdaughter's sexual-assault allegation.

"She's not telling the truth," he said. "In 1989, I was running
up and down the highway, cleaning 18-wheeler trucks. I was
barely even home."

Could all of that help lead to Sunday morning's shooting? The
police investigation will continue, Sgt. Kirkpatrick said, but
the cause could be little more than a young girl angry that her
mother had grounded her.

"She appeared to be out of control," Sgt. Kirkpatrick said.
"Obviously the mother seemed to be having trouble with her."

What he loses on the age front he makes up for with the crime:

Normandy teenager admits shooting family dead

ANCOURTEVILLE-SUR-HERICOURT, France, Oct 28 (AFP) - A 14-year-old boy shot dead his family in a French village after deciding during his homework that he wanted to kill, according to police and a prosecutor Thursday.

The teenager, identified as Pierre F., waited in his family's farmhouse in northern France late Wednesday with his father's hunting rifle before opening fire without warning on his parents and siblings as they arrived home, state prosecutor Joseph Schmidt said, citing details of the boy's confession.

The incident late Wednesday has stunned France, Justice Minister Dominique Perben calling it "abominable".

His father, mother, and four-year-old brother were killed. His 11-year-old sister raised the alarm at a neighbour's house in Ancourteville-sur-Hericourt despite being shot in
the chest.

"All of a sudden, I just had the idea to kill," the boy confessed, Schmidt told journalists, adding that between shootings he watched a video of the hit cartoon film "Shrek."

"I've never seen anything like this in 31 years of crime scenes," Schmidt added.

Pierre, who had fled on his bicycle, was arrested an hour and a half later by police, who described him as being in a disturbed state.

The 200 residents in the small village were shocked and bewildered by the shootings. A former family babysitter told AFP the children were "very polite" and she had seen nothing that might explain the grisly turn of events.

"They were normal people without any problems, including the children," the deputy mayor, Francis Leroux, told Le Parisien newspaper.

"Something must have happened in the boy's head in a fraction of a second, because to open fire on his parents, his sister and his brother, he had to be able to go that far."

According to Schmidt, after a Wednesday lunch together the father had gone to work, the mother had taken the four-year-old for a walk and the sister had gone swimming.

Pierre, left alone to do his homework, got his father's rifle and went to the lounge to watch "Shrek". After a while he loaded four cartridges into the gun.

When his mother and brother returned home he opened fire twice, killing the woman.

Pierre then led his confused brother upstairs where he gave him crayons to play with before hiding his mother's body in the bathroom and reloading the gun.

After his sister Marion returned he shot her in the kitchen, the prosecutor said, citing the confession.

Pierre then went back to the movie but when his brother came to the top of the stairs and starting crying he shot him too.

Marion, badly wounded, made it to the bathroom where she found her mother's body, and then to a neighbour's house.

When the father returned home, Pierre said he shot him twice, grabbed a bag and left the house, locking the door.

After riding to a nearby village, he went to call police but when officers arrived he did not admit the crime, saying only that he had seen his father's body near the door and had decided to flee.

However, police arrested the boy after his account revealed contradictions and, after an examination of the crime scene, Pierre confessed "with a great deal of detail" what happened, Schmidt said.

The motivation for the bloody events remains a mystery, however.

"He is incapable of giving his reasons" for the massacre and "relates it like he was an observer not involved in what he was doing," the prosecutor said.

He added that the teenager had been placed under psychiatric evaluation to determine if he could be held criminally responsible for premeditated murder and attempted murder.

Source

Obviously the film (Shrek) warped his fragile little mind.

Well that's what they'd say if he'd been watching Child's Play or playing Grand Theft Auto III

Girl, 12, admits supplying heroin

A girl has pleaded guilty at Swansea Crown Court to supplying heroin and other drugs when she was 12 to three people, one of whom later died.

The youngster, now 13, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will be sentenced at a later date.

She admitted supplying heroin and tranquilisers to three people in Aberystwyth last May.

At the time, police said that Michael Edwards, 16, was found dead after apparently taking prescription drugs intended for someone else.

During the hearing on Tuesday, the girl was allowed to sit in the public gallery at the crown court.

She admitted that, on 3 May she supplied diamorphine (heroin) and diazapam, a tranquiliser.

The girl was allowed bail until she is sentenced on 24 November.

Judge John Diehl ordered her to live at an address in Aberystwyth but made a court order preventing the disclosure of the address.

He also instructed the youth offending team to prepare a report into her background for the sentencing hearing.

Michael Edwards. from Llanon in Ceredigion, was found dead on 4 May at a house in the Aberaeron area.

Dyfed-Powys Police said at the time that the prescription drugs belonged to someone who lived in the house, who was away at the time.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/wales/mid/3976103.stm
Published: 2004/11/02 18:31:23 GMT

© BBC MMIV

Hell didn't we all want to kidnap exotic dancers when we were youngsters?? No? Urmmmm well neither did I.

November 23, 2004

13-Year Old Charged With Abducting Exotic Dancer

A 13-year old Virginia Beach boy is being held at the Virginia Beach Detention Center after police say he abducted an exotic dancer last Tuesday night.

According to officials, the dancer showed up at a pre-arranged appointment at a residence - subsequently discovered to be vacant - in the 700 block of South Rosemont Road around 6:30pm.

The woman noticed the client was a juvenile, but was told that the contract was for his older brother. Police say the woman waited for a while, but no one else showed up.

Authorities say when the woman eventually tried to leave the residence, she was stopped by the juvenile who pointed a shotgun at her and ordered her to dance.

The dancer diverted the boy's attention and tried to dial 911 on her cell phone. According to police, the juvenile then grabbed the phone. During the struggle, the woman bit the boy's hand and was able to break free and run to her car.

Police say their investigation identified the suspect, and also led them to believe that another juvenile was involved in the plan to abduct the dancer. Investigators are working on identifying the second suspect.

The initial 13-year old suspect was arrested Thursday. He is charged with abduction by force, conspiracy, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, brandishing a firearm, and transporting and possessing an assault firearm at age 13.

Source

Cops: Boy,12, Killed Granny, Aunt

MARIETTA, Ohio, Nov. 23, 2004

(CBS/AP) A 12-year-old boy is being held in the shotgun slayings of his grandmother and aunt at a rural Ohio home, deputies said.

Nancy Tidd, 61, and Emma Tidd, 40, each were shot in the head with a shotgun Monday, the Washington County sheriff's office said.

Washington County Prosecutor Michael Spahr said he would charge Christopher Sturm with juvenile counts of delinquency by murder and delinquency by aggravated murder. A 12-year-old cannot be tried as an adult in Ohio.

Deputies said Sturm, who was in juvenile detention, told relatives he shot the women.

"From the information we have, the boy was upset at the grandmother, and that led to the shooting," said detective Jeff Seevers of the Washington County Sheriff's Department.

The Tidds were each shot in the head around 5 p.m. Monday. The bodies were transported to the Montgomery County coroner for autopsy.

Investigators said the boy divided his time living with his mother and grandmother. He was found at his mother's home about six miles away in Lower Salem, which is 90 miles southeast of Columbus.

The grandmother was unable to defend herself because of a medical condition, and there were no signs of struggle, Seevers said.

According to local TV reports, Seevers of also said, "What our crime scene is showing us is inconsistent as to what the boy is telling us."

This isn't the young suspect's first brush with the law, according to WIS-TV, a Columbia, S.C., station. Sturm reportedly has pending charges against him for sexual abuse.

The bodies were discovered by a relative who went to the house to check on the two women.

-----------------
©MMIV, CBS Broadcasting Inc.

Source

Back