• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

You're thinking of Interview With A Vampire 'starring' Pitt and Cruise. It wasn't Keanu but Christian Slater who was glimpsed as the journalist interviewing Brad Pitt's character.
About as 'meh' as you can get - which isn't surprising considering the source material.

There's a difference?
I was very gothy back then and loved them both, and watched them frequently. Coincidentally, when I posted that last post, I'd come on the forum to take a break between the first and second episodes of the Interview with the Vampire tv series which is currently on iplayer. I'm trying to like it on its own merits, but going by the first two episodes, it feels like they could have just changed the names and title and hardly anyone would have noticed the similarities to the novel. Why do they feel the need to pretend to be adapting something when they just want to tell their own story? I'm getting a hankering to watch the movie again after all these years.

Why do they feel the need to pretend to be adapting something when they just want to tell their own story?
This is my long-running and biggest gripe about the movie world. They do it because a) using a popular product is 'safer' than a new one, b) they have a ready-made fan-base. I wonder if it's cheaper to pay a screen writer to adapt than to create original work?

Still being snowed in, I watched the 2005 The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie.

What was the point of the movie ?

It seemed a poor imitation of Monty Python.

Still being snowed in, I watched the 2005 The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie.

What was the point of the movie ?

It seemed a poor imitation of Monty Python.
How very dare you!:pitch::pitch::pitch:

Monty Python is the Manos Hands Of Fate of comedy. Hitchhikers was brilliant!

Even the 2005 film?. Sorry but I thought that was shite. The original TV show was good though. Each to their own.
Even the 2005 film! Such a catchy opening song, too...

I can't say I liked the 2005 Hitchhikers was good. While Alan Rickmans voice was great, Marvin looked more like a kiddies cartoon character.
All the other cast looked like they were struggling to put their own personal slant on the character. Visually it was meh.
I don't despise it - I bought the DVD on spec. as it were - but it's not a favourite.

I can't say I liked the 2005 Hitchhikers was good. While Alan Rickmans voice was great, Marvin looked more like a kiddies cartoon character.
All the other cast looked like they were struggling to put their own personal slant on the character. Visually it was meh.
I don't despise it - I bought the DVD on spec. as it were - but it's not a favourite.
I have fond memories of the TV series, but suspect it has not aged well. For me, there is also a Fortean link, because my paperback copy was borrowed by the ghost haunting my then home, to be returned later. I wonder if she read it! I still have it lying around somewhere. I rather suspect it was just hidden for a while to grab my attention, or zapped into the future to when I recovered it, or something.

I did not know the history of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy but I learned from that from 1978 this was a radio show, T.V. series, movie, stage shows, and video games.

So, this is a British national heritage like Dr.Who.

I recall playing the computer game. I used to have the lead figures (for Role-playing games) and, of course, listened to the radio series, got the books etc.
I enjoyed it, found it really funny and at times insightful.
But I'm no fanatic.

I recall playing the computer game. I used to have the lead figures (for Role-playing games) and, of course, listened to the radio series, got the books etc.
I enjoyed it, found it really funny and at times insightful.
But I'm no fanatic.
I have read the books. A humorous and fun read.

My wife and I watched the first 2014 John Wick movie where John Wick kills half the world because someone killed his dog.

The only reason why we watched the movie is because we like Keanu Reeves.

Back