• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

Nick Zedd's The Wild World of Lydia Lunch: Lydia wanders around a park in London rambling to herself. Phew, no-wave rock!

Nick Zedd's The Wild World of Lydia Lunch: Lydia wanders around a park in London rambling to herself. Phew, no-wave rock!
Lydia's 'out to lunch', apparently. In the American sense.

Dunno about worst, but how fucking great does this look?

They got it all going on there :)

Sure some of you have seen it, I haven't...
You'll enjoy the giant action man that comes to life and the foetus (or however it's spelled) stuck to the bathroom wall ..

Believe it or not, Xtro was one of the better straight to vhs experiences one could come across in Blockbusters.

Xtro is absolutely ridiculous and couldn't be more 80s British if it had had Les Dennis and Dustin Gee appearing in it. Which it doesn't. If you get the DVD, please watch the featurette with the director explaining how it got made and how it is, in spite of its quasi-ironic cult following, actually utter shit. He's hilarious!

JFK is one of my favourite films.
I rate Platoon and Wall Street, too.

Stone has one brilliant film to his credit: Salvador. Otherwise, he's very variable. Natural Born Killers is absolutely insufferable in its adolescent "Ah! See what we did there!" posturing.

Natural Born Killers is absolutely insufferable in its adolescent "Ah! See what we did there!" posturing.

I liked it. A blast. Incredible soundtrack too.I didn't think it was pretentious, quite the opposite. Thought it was a 21st Century romp.

The worst movie ever can be summed up in five words - Santa Claus Conquers The Martians! Half the time I couldn't make out if the Martians were green, grey, yellow or black, such is the quality of the footage! A never ending banquet of ham and cheese, served on a large amount of wood!

Martians1.jpg

That's weird, I watched an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold last night that explicitly spoofed SCCtM. Coincidence?

^ Sweet...comes across and looks like a rich junkie fallen on hard times.

Hilarious - the black panther - "and I don't know why it's there"!

:D

Hilarious also how it writes it off as rubbish and then went on to make three sequels! Latest one not yet released...;)

Last edited:
That's weird, I watched an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold last night that explicitly spoofed SCCtM. Coincidence?

No, not coincidence, an evil plot against you is afoot!

No, not coincidence, an evil plot against you is afoot!

Plus ca change. The episode I just watched just there was about Merlin, which reminds me: First Knight is the worst King Arthur movie ever. What a tedious film. I know there are those who can't stand Excalibur, but at least it's kind of wacky and Nicol Williamson is memorable.

Back