• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

no, the basic premis behind forest gump is that things happen.
not everything go's right for the affable choclate munching thickie he gets rich alright but his best friend is dies in front of him and his wife and mother both have nasty lingering deaths.
Robert Zemeckis wonderfull flair for directing of moviesturns what would have been a good film into a great film.

Someone at work accused me of being docile, and maybe I am you know, but I don't feel this strongly about any film. lol I mean to each his own. Something I couldn't bring myself to watch could be someone else's favourite film and that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not going to completely slate a film just because I wouldn't want to watch it, it only encourages arguing. It's like arguing over whether brussel sprouts (yum!) should be eaten or used as pigs swill. lol
As my taste doesn't seem to go with the majority here anyway, and umm since I really liked some of the films mentioned, I'll keep schtum (sp?). :blush:

And I loved Forrest Gump. :)

I enjoyed Forrest Gump, too, Spooky. *shrug* AV will call me a philistine, I'm sure, but :p to him.

Hey, you're all entitled to your opinion, but i thought it was unwatchable shite.

And I thought you were a philistine anyway scribbles ;)

I must say I agree with Spooky. I don't feel that strongly about any film I can think of, but I try to see the positive in anything. The other thing is, I'm seeing a lot of 'Its utter crap', but that's it. No explanation why. If you're going to slate a film, at least tell us really why you don't like it :)

There are films I was disappointed with however, films that were recommended/looked ok but I found them to be lacking. The best example was Tomb Raider, it could have been a lot better, but the again they were making the film for young teens, not 20 somethings. The plot was pretty bad, some dialogue was very poor and the ending was over too quickly, and was an anticlimax.

I was also pretty disappointed with Monsters Inc, it was hyped up to the standard of, but paled in comparison to Shreck. Then again, that might have been the audience factor, but Shreck crossed the age groups very well.

I'm sure there were others, but my brain seems to be in deep freeze today. :rolleyes:

AI - after the little robot kid jumped off the building into the water - please god make it end!

Can I give you a hug for that Walks All Paths? :likee: I thought I was the only one who thought like that around here.

scribbles said:
Adore might be too strong there. Moderately tolerate you, perhaps. :D

Hey, being tolerated is a step up for me at the moment!

Yawn alert!

'Grand Canyon'
Starring Steve Martin and Danny Glover and a few other well know actors.

Given the choice, paint is actually quite interesting whilst in the process of drying. :headbutt:

While we're on the subject of deathly boring, overrated films:

QUADROPHENIA.

No discernible plot, paper-thin characters, tragic soundtrack... and as if that wasn't enough, it has Sting in it.

The main character should have ridden his little scooter off Beachey Head at the start of the film and saved us all a lot of bother.

"The Exorcist" - I actually decided not to watch this in the cinema in case I got too scared. Fat chance

it was meant to be scary? I thought it was a comedy:confused:

I can’t believe no one’s mentioned Independence Day, or are you all too embarrassed to admit to seeing it?
Lost in space, I wish it had been.
I went to see Vertical Limit with my climbing buddy and thought it was a comedy (we were actually asked to stop laughing!) Ditto Cliffhanger.

pi23 said:
AI - after the little robot kid jumped off the building into the water - please god make it end!

AI was two films welded together .

ginoide said:
but i'll say more than a word in favor of <paths of glory>. probably the most beautiful movie against war. so moving, so deeply human, so terribly tragic.

I thought it was extremely cold and detatched. My choice for the best anti-war movie would be something with a little heart, like GRAND ILLUSION or ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.

My favourite "so bad it's good" film is Night of the Lepas (giant killer bunnies)
Most disappointing films- Three weddings and a Funeral, that American woman was just a horse faced trollop :hmph:
Shallow Grave- how could I care what happened to such unlikeable people?
Anything with Ewan McGregor in it.
Dr Strangelove (yawn)
Anything with Peter Sellers in it.
Star Wars Attack of the Clones, (even seeing that in New York didn't make it work for me).

ogo - you're right, paths of glory IS detached. but that distance gives you (me) a feeling of objective horror.
and beak - do you really hve a low opinion of p. sellers? i love him. don't you love hrundi v. bakshi? maybe i'm missinbg sthg. in the translation. i love him as the pink panther, too. maybe i got super cheesy tastes and i don't even know.

Ginoide, you must think I'm terrible. I don't like the Beatles or Peter Sellers, especially the Pink Panther films. I like Italian food though! You just call it "food" presumably. ;)

I am fortunate enough to have seen both 'Pitch Black' and 'Red Planet' on a least two occasions (don't ask). It doesn't get any better than that. :yeay:

Can I nominate 'Shallow Hal'?
Got the dvd out last week 'cos we all needed a laugh
Still waiting
Best film I've seen lately: 'Ice Age' - hilarious (got it for the kids -- honest)

I would like to mention "Natural Born Killers". So depressing that I had to out and go to another cinema that was showing a Star Trek movie to cheer myself up.

Lets say Bladerunner as the most arty, pretentious nonsense in this world.
Follow that up with The Exorcist with its "Oh no, the Devil is swearing at us and using crap acting"
Mix in any war film or western.
And garnish with any of the following, Star Wars (any of them not just the new ones) Robocop 3 (you bastards) Almost any Hollywood remake of a foreign film, Plunkett and Macleane, Reservoir Dogs, Disney films, Bob Hoskins, Cher, The Blair Witch Project, All of the Halloween sequels, Escape from L.A.

That's it my spleen has burst now....

Hells' Angels On Wheels.

Starring Sonny Barger, Jack Nicholson and that old black-clad cowpoke from The High Chapperral who always hung out with Manuel.

Utter drivel. Masses of bad acting. Meandering plot. Inept direction. Crap photography.

Not even one of those 'It's so bad it's good' deals.

Ogopogo said:
Rank amateurs.

Unless you've seen THE GORE-MET ZOMBIE CHEF FROM HELL, you have no idea how hilariously bad a movie can be.

Well, if wer'e pulling out the heavy guns, how about 'Hell Comes To Frogtown' starring Rowdy Roddie Piper?--Or ANYTHING with Mr. Piper (God bless 'im!):)

Barry Lyndon is a very pretty movie, if you can ever get to see it. It is spoken
of with awe by people who know about film speeds and light levels. It is also
spoken of with awe by people who found themselves turning quite often
to check the light levels of their wristwatches. Time stops, I swear.

SO glad to here someone else say that. My Ex freaking LOVES this movie. Blech, I say.

Battlefield Earth is one of the worst movies ever. I couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes of Showgirls .
That said, I have to disagree with some people's choces. Dr. Strangelove is one of the greatest films ever, one of my top 5 favorites. Reservoir Dogs is AMAZING! Don't know how anyone could not like it. Oh, and Forrest Gump IS a piece of crap. Three words: read the book.:)

sureshot

beakboo said:
My favourite "so bad it's good" film is Night of the Lepas (giant killer bunnies)

Beakboo, didn't that have DeForest Kelly in it?

Back