• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

In the so bad it's good category, ZOMBEAVERS looks brilliant ..

It's watchable, some dire bits, parts of it are very funny. This is what I thought of ir two years ago:

Zombeavers: College students hang out at a lake at which a chemical spill has turned the local beavers into "zombies". This results in student zombies as well. So-so. 5/10.

I thought that was never coming out! I mean, I wasn't waiting for it, but the bad publicity surrounding it made it sound terrible, on screen and behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Came across a new candidate for worst movie ever, and I haven't even watched it yet. But here's a trailer and a compilation of clips from the movie. It's a blacksplotation movie, and I think it's supposed to be serious.

It was made back in the days when everybody was kung-fu fighting.

It's going to be remade as 'My Name Is Dolemite' and will star Eddie Murphy according to this link ..

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80175

Dolemite is fantastic!

Damn right! Only a rat soup-eating motherf- er, person would disagree.

And the Eddie Murphy film isn't a remake, it's a biopic of its star Rudy Ray Moore. All four of the movies he starred in are incredible. Petey Wheatstraw is his horror movie, if you're interested.

Came across a new candidate for worst movie ever, and I haven't even watched it yet. But here's a trailer and a compilation of clips from the movie. It's a blacksplotation movie, and I think it's supposed to be serious.

Dolemite was a character of stand-up comedian (turned actor) Rudy Ray Moore, so I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be serious. :cool2:

There's also his Petey Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son-In-Law:

There are some weak blaxpolitation flicks out there, but RRM always delivers the laffs!

Actually, it's a reference to a blues musician, a guy by the name of William Bunch who was nicknamed Peetie Wheatstraw, though the references may predate his use of it!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peetie_Wheatstraw
By the time Bunch reached St. Louis, he had discarded his name and crafted a new identity. The name "Peetie Wheatstraw" was described by the blues scholar Paul Oliver as one that had well-rooted folk associations.[10] Later writers have repeated this, while reporting that many uses of the name were copied from Bunch. Elijah Wald suggested that Bunch may have been the sole source of all uses of the name.[11] It would have been in character for Bunch to invent a name with a whimsical folkloric flavor.[citation needed]

All but two of his records were issued under the names "Peetie Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son-in-Law" and "Peetie Wheatstraw, the High Sheriff from Hell".[12] He composed several "stomps" with lyrics projecting a boastful demonic persona to match these sobriquets.[2] His hardened attitude and egotism have given contemporary authors grounds for comparing him to modern-day rap artists.[13] There is some evidence that the writer Ralph Ellison knew him; Ellison used the name "Peetie Wheatstraw" and aspects of the musician's demonic persona (but no biographical facts) for a character in his novel Invisible Man.[citation needed]

African-American music maintains the tradition of the African "praise song", which tells of the prowess (sexual and other) of the singer. First-person celebrations of the self provide the impetus for many of Wheatstraw's songs, and he rang changes on this theme with confidence, humour and occasional menace. The blues singer Henry Townsend recalled that Wheatstraw's real personality was similar: "He was that kind of person. You know, a jive-type person."[14] The blues critic Tony Russell updated the description: "Wheatstraw constructed a macho persona that made him the spiritual ancestor of rap artists."[15]

Apparently it was the critics' fault Gotti was so shit:
https://news.avclub.com/gotti-responds-to-0-rotten-tomatoes-score-with-scorchi-1826954607
(There's a shill in the comments who's a complete maniac)

Their marketing dept. has claimed their masterpiece is a victim of a conspiracy by critics. That said, its favourable audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes is highly suspect too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/8s7dle/gottis_user_reviews_on_rotten_tomatoes_were/

It's sad when a poor reaction to a film is viewed as a conspiracy, but here we are. Who are they trying to attract, here? Apart from Scientologists.

The only reason I don't trust star or percentage reviews is because they don't leave room for any proper critique - read the actual reviews to find out what the author thinks, don't rely on the ratings.

I've just learned that Mamma Mia 2 is coming out this Summer .. they're taking the bold step of including ABBA songs that weren't used in the first film apparently although hedging their bets by chucking a few of the previous ABBA songs in just so no old school viewers get upset or anything .. no idea what the story line is yet, perhaps Meryl Streep's daughter has had loads of sex after finding out that Piers Brosnan is her real dad although all of Meryl's contestants for child maintenance were also willing to take the blame in part 1 .. and so maybe, just maybe, the daughter, in an incredibly ironic twist of fate in a history repeating itself thing is about to do EXACTLY THE SAME THING !! .. to ABBA !!. Lord, please take me now.

edit: here's the trailer .. yep .. exactly the same film and *drum roll* .. this time it's her daughter !!!! ..

http://www.mammamiamovie.co.uk/#

Last edited:
I've just learned that Mamma Mia 2 is coming out this Summer .. they're taking the bold step of including ABBA songs that weren't used in the first film apparently although hedging their bets by chucking a few of the previous ABBA songs in just so no old school viewers get upset or anything .. no idea what the story line is yet, perhaps Meryl Streep's daughter has had loads of sex after finding out that Piers Brosnan is her real dad although all of Meryl's contestants for child maintenance were also willing to take the blame in part 1 .. and so maybe, just maybe, the daughter, in an incredibly ironic twist of fate in a history repeating itself thing is about to do EXACTLY THE SAME THING !! .. to ABBA !!. Lord, please take me now.

MammaMoa.jpg

I thought it was OK. I saw it with a female friend, otherwise I'd never watch something like that.
It was worth it just to laugh at Pierce Brosnan attempting to sing.

I thought it was OK. I saw it with a female friend, otherwise I'd never watch something like that.
It was worth it just to laugh at Pierce Brosnan attempting to sing.
You're dead to me Mytho.

Well no, I didn't say it was a good film, I said was OK.

For the record, Mark Kermode didn't say it was a good film. He said it was so bad he found it entertaining.

For the record, Mark Kermode didn't say it was a good film. He said it was so bad he found it entertaining.
I've never seen him react openly emotionally to any film he's reviewed before this review .. I don't think he'd had much sleep the night before .. or someone had left cleaning fluid in the coffee machine the night before?.

I've never seen him react openly emotionally to any film he's reviewed before this review .. I don't think he'd had much sleep the night before .. or someone had left cleaning fluid in the coffee machine the night before?.

He does go off on one every so often - his Mamma Mia review is his anti-going off on one.

He does go off on one every so often - his Mamma Mia review is his anti-going off on one.
So long as Mamma Mia has somehow managed to bring joy to someone ?.. it's at least reached someone I suppose. :dunno:

Do you think Kermode ever gets flushed or goes a bit potty from time to time? ;)

Back