• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

It looks absolutely 'generic film by committee/ let's fire Bob in accounting/ I didn't sleep with her ' -tastic .. the sad thing is, this film from THE PRODUCER OF THE TRANSFORMERS will probably actually end up making a profit ..

He's out Nicolas Caging Nicolas Cage these days when it comes to making rubbish films.

Perhaps not the worst ever ratings or takings wise, but in my opinion, two of the worst movies I've seen are:
The Producers - 2005 The film version of the Mel Brooks stage play. Christ, this was bad.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 2003. Droll, boring, stupid plotline.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 2003. Droll, boring, stupid plotline.

I'd agree, with this, see also: Van Helsing.

I've argued with a friend over this and he says that these films, while shit, are genius compared to various incompetent, ultra-low budget Horror/SF he has seen; however, I'd counter argue that those films are generally made by people who are amateur or at least with very little professional experience. When you have almost no money, most people not being paid and very little when they are plus a director with no experience who can't direct, actors who can't act, a writer who can't write and tech staff who can't tech, it can't be compared to a studio film with a budget of tens of millions. Ergo: the shittest studio films are ultimately worse failures than the shittest films made by nobodies.

I'd agree, with this, see also: Van Helsing.

I've argued with a friend over this and he says that these films, while shit, are genius compared to various incompetent, ultra-low budget Horror/SF he has seen; however, I'd counter argue that those films are generally made by people who are amateur or at least with very little professional experience. When you have almost no money, most people not being paid and very little when they are plus a director with no experience who can't direct, actors who can't act, a writer who can't write and tech staff who can't tech, it can't be compared to a studio film with a budget of tens of millions. Ergo: the shittest studio films are ultimately worse failures than the shittest films made by nobodies.

I couldn't agree more. A 'good', bad film is far more enjoyable on so many more levels than a big budget failure. Often overacted, over use of cgi and special effects at the expense of storyline and character development.

I couldn't agree more. A 'good', bad film is far more enjoyable on so many more levels than a big budget failure. Often overacted, over use of cgi and special effects at the expense of storyline and character development.

I agree on "good" bad films, can be highly entertaining in the correct mindframe and context. That said, from what I gather, they are few and far between, most of the bad films simply being bad. I've only had limited exposure. If you like films of this sort you may enjoy this review show:

http://redlettermedia.com/best-of-the-worst-archive/

you get to see the high/low lights and hear people joke about them, without having to sit through the whole thing. Most of my knowledge of bad films comes from this, the guys behind this feel that good-bad films are rare gems, most films simply being bad.

The Razzies nominations are out.

The aforementioned "Holmes & Watson" is on the list... in several categories.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46946222

Wait a minute, I knew Gotti was supposed to be a trainwreck, but Kelly Preston plays her husband's daughter?! Just when I thought Scientology couldn't sink any lower...

Kind of boring to see Trump on there. They'd be sorry if he showed up to accept.

We watched Killing Gunther on Netflix recently. That was pretty damned awful.

Is that the one that announced Ahnold starred as Gunther when he's only in it for five minutes?

Yep. He was all over the publicity, even the Netflix screenshot showed his mug, and he turns up right at the end in what I assume was supposed to be a surprise reveal.

We haven't got a thread for films that seem to be deliberately trying to sound a bit shit but might actually be quite good ..

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

It's the extra "The" that makes it stick in the mind.

Mates and myself watched this film in the cinema, on its 1971 release.

So, it did exist.

1548648362941791.jpg

Just seems to never be mentioned...

Being Scottish, I was forced to see this as some kind of national duty as everyone in the land was falling over themselves to praise it. All I saw was unhistorical chest-beating from a man too keen to shove his reactionary, masochistic fantasies in the faces of the audience. Let's say when Gibson revealed himself to be a rather unpleasant piece of work very publicly, I was not surprised. And yes, Braveheart is thunderously tedious if you're not into it.

It's surprising to hear this movie was popular in Scotland. Here in the US, Americans with Scottish backgrounds (of which there are many) adored this movie, but the actual Scottish people I knew (admittedly a small number) took a decidedly more sardonic view of it.

We're 66 pages into this discussion and I still haven't seen a film quite as shit as Mama-Mia .. I'm sure there's one out there or one on the way that will make Mama-Mia look like JAWS.

It's surprising to hear this movie was popular in Scotland. Here in the US, Americans with Scottish backgrounds (of which there are many) adored this movie, but the actual Scottish people I knew (admittedly a small number) took a decidedly more sardonic view of it.

The night it was released in Scotland, a friend I hadn't heard from in a while phoned me up.

"What are you doing tonight?"
"I thought I'd go to the pictures, there's a new Stephen King out."
"Anything else?"
"Well, I suppose there's Braveh-"
"SEEN IT."

Yes, he'd phoned me up purely to boast he'd seen Braveheart. It was a big deal for a lot of people and even turned p*l*t*c*l. Shamefully, in my view - but I enjoyed Dolores Claibourne better anyway.

We're 66 pages into this discussion and I still haven't seen a film quite as shit as Mama-Mia .. I'm sure there's one out there or one on the way that will make Mama-Mia look like JAWS.

Jaws 3D makes Mamma Mia look like Jaws...

Assassin's Creed

Now, I'm a big fan of the games, I've played them all to death. I just don't understand how this can have been so badly cocked-up. The cast is great (Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Jeremy Irons, Brendan Gleeson, Charlotte Rampling, Michael Kenneth Williams...), the budget was big, the material is ready-made for a movie...

It seems to have been put together by people who have just read about the games, never played them.

I'm sure you're already aware, but the games are immersive historical epics with incredible attention to detail and cameos galore - with short present-day sci-fi bits that punctuate the games, the idea being that you're actually playing a simulation in the game itself. So what do they do? Make a movie which is 90% set in the modern world, the one bit that most fans complain about.

Seriously, we were in the past for about 20 minutes of the whole movie. The rest was trudgingly, painfully boring. A wasted opportunity.

It's on Netflix if you struggle with insomnia.

I misread the cast you cited to include Kenneth Williams. He'd be great reprising his role as The Khazi.

(Have seen it actually - agree it's rubbish.)

The only two good computer game films I can think of are last year's Rampage and the more obscure DOA: Dead or Alive. The best you can hope for is camp, even in those two examples.

That IS One BAD Film!

Okay people it has been suggested on another thread that there are BAD films out there. So what films have you seen that have left you feeling soiled, degraded and with a bad taste in your mouth. And just to get the ball rolling I can't think of one as I blank them from my memory. But if you want to say ohhh I don't know STARGATE then that's your prerogative. Enjoy!:D
What comes to mind straight away is this film here.It's absolutely terrible and never ever watch it again.EVER!
Black Sheep (2006)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/

Assassin's Creed

Now, I'm a big fan of the games, I've played them all to death. I just don't understand how this can have been so badly cocked-up. The cast is great (Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Jeremy Irons, Brendan Gleeson, Charlotte Rampling, Michael Kenneth Williams...), the budget was big, the material is ready-made for a movie...

It seems to have been put together by people who have just read about the games, never played them.

I'm sure you're already aware, but the games are immersive historical epics with incredible attention to detail and cameos galore - with short present-day sci-fi bits that punctuate the games, the idea being that you're actually playing a simulation in the game itself. So what do they do? Make a movie which is 90% set in the modern world, the one bit that most fans complain about.

Seriously, we were in the past for about 20 minutes of the whole movie. The rest was trudgingly, painfully boring. A wasted opportunity.

It's on Netflix if you struggle with insomnia.
Fassbender playing Frank Sidebottom in FRANK totally missed the point IMO, he or the director seemed to want to turn Sievey into some kind of Jim Morrison like mystical deep character. It was bobbins. And for some reason, Frank Sidebottom was now American in that film? .. was Fassbender incapable of getting the accent right?

Last edited:
Jon Ronson's (short) book on Frank was fantastic (of course). Ronson's script for that film was not fantastic. Not one laugh in the whole thing. Not even a Little Frank!

And still the shark movies come:

But the scariest thing about this is the credit "DIRECTED BY TOMMY WISEAU". Nice to see he hasn't given up on the misogyny, anyway. Should have called it Shit Sandwich.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but "2036 - Origin Unknown" really is appalling. Clearly written by someone who has played Portal and seen Contact & 2001 way too many times. There were half a dozen opportunities for real tension or interest, but each one is spectacularly missed. Really, don't bother.

Back