• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I'm surprised no one has yet shared the wonderful ''Who Killed Captain Alex'', Uganda's first action film. The acting, the script, the special effects... if this is not Oscar (or Golden Raspberry) material, I don't know what is!

I have heard of it, but the only copy I've been able to find has a MST3K-style commentary track over it. Not that I'm precious, but I prefer to make my own jokes while I'm watching. The whole thing was never supposed to be seen outside of the director's local village, so it's funny that it's gathered this global reputation. It really was a labour of love.

I'm surprised no one has yet shared the wonderful ''Who Killed Captain Alex'', Uganda's first action film. The acting, the script, the special effects... if this is not Oscar (or Golden Raspberry) material, I don't know what is!
That wasn't half bad.
It was completely bad!

The Gay Deceivers - 1969 .. this looks like it belongs here

edit: ace .. the full movie :popc:

I have recently watched (possibly endured) Robot Monster. A 1950's Z Grade monster movie featuring a guy in a bad gorilla suit & wearing a diving helmet wiping out humanity. It's so appallingly bad, it's good (kind of). Researching it, I found it often ranked one of the worst movies ever made. I'd have to agree.
Find the trailer below, the full movie is on YouTube too:

I believe the title character in Frank was based mainly on Daniel Johnston (a cult American singer songwriter with mental health issues) while the lengthy recording sessions segment was inspired by stories of Captain Beefheart holing up with his band to develop Trout Mask Replica.

Apart from the facts the script is written by Jon Ronson (who served time playing keyboards in Frank Sidebottom's band), the title character is a singer songwriter called Frank who wears Frank Sidebottom's head, and events are seen from the viewpoint of a keyboard player called Jon who joins the band more or less by accident just as Jon Ronson did Sidebottom's band, the film has nothing to do with the life or music of Frank Sidebottom (himself a character created by Chris Sievey)

It's a tad confusing innit? Personally I enjoyed Frank on its own merits, but I'd much rather they'd made a film about the actual Frank Sidebottom. Though I guess the American film industry would never fund that.

As an aside, in 1990 I saw Sidebottom play a gig at a pub in London, which I think was around the time Ronson was with his band. He did have a keyboard player in the backing band, but he also played a little cheap Casio keyboard (basically a toy) himself, which served as the lead instrument. It was a slightly odd gig in that half the people were there to see Frank while the other half were obviously pub regulars who didn't have the faintest idea who he was!

I believe the title character in Frank was based mainly on Daniel Johnston (a cult American singer songwriter with mental health issues) while the lengthy recording sessions segment was inspired by stories of Captain Beefheart holing up with his band to develop Trout Mask Replica.

Apart from the facts the script is written by Jon Ronson (who served time playing keyboards in Frank Sidebottom's band), the title character is a singer songwriter called Frank who wears Frank Sidebottom's head, and events are seen from the viewpoint of a keyboard player called Jon who joins the band more or less by accident just as Jon Ronson did Sidebottom's band, the film has nothing to do with the life or music of Frank Sidebottom (himself a character created by Chris Sievey)

It's a tad confusing innit? Personally I enjoyed Frank on its own merits, but I'd much rather they'd made a film about the actual Frank Sidebottom. Though I guess the American film industry would never fund that.

As an aside, in 1990 I saw Sidebottom play a gig at a pub in London, which I think was around the time Ronson was with his band. He did have a keyboard player in the backing band, but he also played a little cheap Casio keyboard (basically a toy) himself, which served as the lead instrument. It was a slightly odd gig in that half the people were there to see Frank while the other half were obviously pub regulars who didn't have the faintest idea who he was!

Yeah, I started watching Frank on Netlfix and was pissed off it wasn't the actual Frank Sidebottom, bloody Yanks, coming over here stealing all our novelty head wearing minor musical comedians...

I've just found this winner ..

ATTACK OF THE MUTANT DICK FOM OUTER SPACE ... it's even in 3D and I've got a few pairs of 3D glasses :cool:

:rofl2: never seen it or heard of it before . this is the kind of stuff i love .... campy , schlocky , b - rated horror & sci - fi stuff like this

:rofl2: never seen it or heard of it before . this is the kind of stuff i love .... campy , schlocky , b - rated horror & sci - fi stuff like this
Now all I need to do is find that envelope I put all my 3D glasses in.

I went to see a Creature From The Black Lagoon and It Came From Outer Space 3D double bill in Tamworth in the early 90's, a bunch of lads behind us were giggling all through it with "Fuck! .. it's coming at me!" type comments, turned out they'd all dropped acid that night.

Last edited:
Yeah, I started watching Frank on Netlfix and was pissed off it wasn't the actual Frank Sidebottom, bloody Yanks, coming over here stealing all our novelty head wearing minor musical comedians...
Coming next from Hollywood: Pigeons in Flight: The John Shuttleworth Story.

In which we follow American country music legend John Shuttleworth from his humble childhood on an Alabama pig farm to the day he finally achieves his lifelong dream of headlining The Grand Ole Opry. But first he'll have to break free from the clutches of his Machiavellian gun toting Texan manager Colonel Ken Worthington!

Looks like The Haunting of Sharon Tate is set to be the worst of the year, and it's only April. Full disclosure: I've seen it, and it's the equivalent of the director taking a really long piss on Sharon's grave. To make matters worse, he has a Nicole Brown Simpson movie out next. I think I'll resist that one, like I should have this.

I can't wait for the inevitable HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT movie .. I saw them live twice, interviewed them the first time for a fanzine, the second time their manager asked me for copies of photos I was taking of them with a view to putting them on the back of one of their albums. I don't know if that ever happened (my pics being used) but I sent him the film.

Looks like The Haunting of Sharon Tate is set to be the worst of the year, and it's only April. Full disclosure: I've seen it, and it's the equivalent of the director taking a really long piss on Sharon's grave. To make matters worse, he has a Nicole Brown Simpson movie out next. I think I'll resist that one, like I should have this.
a review of the film by roger ebert , https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-haunting-of-sharon-tate-2019 , the movie soundtrack includes a song written & sung by charles manson himself , the track " cease to exist "

I have recently watched (possibly endured) Robot Monster. A 1950's Z Grade monster movie featuring a guy in a bad gorilla suit & wearing a diving helmet wiping out humanity. It's so appallingly bad, it's good (kind of). Researching it, I found it often ranked one of the worst movies ever made. I'd have to agree.
Find the trailer below, the full movie is on YouTube too:
I love this movie! It makes Gone With The Wind look like a typical Michael Bay movie...

Celebrating the 6th Anniversary of his death? Well that is weird! :doh:
wow , my mistake .your right , mr . ebert passed away in april 2013 . i wish i could say i meant a review by rogerebert.com but that'd be a lie , lol . my mind must've been elsewhere at the time i posted this

the movie soundtrack includes a song written & sung by charles manson himself , the track " cease to exist "
Interestingly, Cease to Exist is the only Manson song to have been commercially recorded during the 60s. He sold it to Beach Boy Dennis Wilson (who was toying with the idea of signing Manson up to Brother Records, the Beach Boys' short lived record label). Wilson made some changes to it and recorded it with The Beach Boys as Never Learn Not To Love. It was initially a B side, then also showed up on their 1969 odds and sods album 20/20.

I've read that when Manson heard the Beach Boys version he was so incensed that Wilson had changed some of his lyrics that he grabbed a gun and drove over to his house. Fortunately Wilson was out at the time, and Manson got bored waiting for him and went back home.

It's not a particularly interesting song in itself IMO. But an odd chapter among many odd chapters in the story of The Beach Boys.

Will Homer and Marge be in it?

I doubt this clown of a director could buy the rights. Presumably OJ will be a demonic force in his telling. I shouldn't be giving him publicity, really, probably shouldn't have mentioned his efforts.

Back