• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I see your 'Battlefeild Earth' and raise you 'Battleship'

images (7).jpeg

On the whole... but it probably gets better when he turns up.
Someone told me they were wondering where his character got his cigarettes from now that the world is flooded? .. that sort of thing can put me off a film ..

Someone told me they were wondering where his character got his cigarettes from now that the world is flooded? .. that sort of thing can put me off a film ..

He had a shipload of cigarettes left over from the old days. Maybe they were carefully stored.

Yes - so, quite enjoyable.
It was on the other day, watched a bit of it, reportedly the most expensive film ever made at the time due to the amount of divers they had to employ as part of their health and safety/insurance resposabilities

Last edited:
Waterworld is a very good film if you can tolerate sci fi. (I know some otherwise nice people who can't and I have great sympathy.) Very imaginative, good futurism, good story and script, on the whole good to excellent acting, nice casting and superb production and effects, but way way way way too long, and this is because it was in fact a vanity project. It lost money in first run but made a bundle and continues to do so in international distribution and the afterlife (video etc.) If you ever get a chance to see the directors cut (even longer) do so.

Waterworld is a very good film if you can tolerate sci fi. (I know some otherwise nice people who can't and I have great sympathy.) Very imaginative, good futurism, good story and script, on the whole good to excellent acting, nice casting and superb production and effects, but way way way way too long, and this is because it was in fact a vanity project. It lost money in first run but made a bundle and continues to do so in international distribution and the afterlife (video etc.) If you ever get a chance to see the directors cut (even longer) do so.
It wasnt that imaginative, it was Mad Max on water :p

K .. thanks .. I know what I'll be dealing with now so will give it a go on those terms.

It was on the other day, watched a bit of it, reportedly the most expensive film ever made at the time due to the amount of divers they had to employ as part of their health and safety/insurance resposabilities
Rebuilding the sets after a hurricane struck during filming, didn't help the budget.

Back