• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I have tried to watch mad max a few times and never got through it. No context, and as I remember some non-actors.
Its pretty much a film that you watch if you absolutely, possitively, definately have no housework/chores that you could be doing lol

In my opinion, ANY of the early "Rocky" movies. If you want to see a big dumb American bumble and stumble his way through an awful series of movies, then these are the ones.

In my opinion, ANY of the early "Rocky" movies. If you want to see a big dumb American bumble and stumble his way through an awful series of movies, then these are the ones.

Ah, but you have to admire the realistic way in which he gets progressively more intelligent as he takes beating after beating.....those momentous blows to his cranium really sharpen up his mental faculties.

I recently saw Bohemian Rhapsody. I found the film empty and with no substance. For example, I'd have been interested to know more about Mercury's creative processes, his early life, as well as the other band members. there was almost nothing of that. Apart from some Queen numbers it was all about Mercury's relationships and sex life.

Each to their own, of course, but I have only recently become a fan of the Rocky movies and Stallone generally.

I recently saw Bohemian Rhapsody. I found the film empty and with no substance. For example, I'd have been interested to know more about Mercury's creative processes, his early life, as well as the other band members. there was almost nothing of that

I haven't seen the film, and now, based on your review, I probably won't bother!

I can't decide without having watched it whether this goes all the way out of bad and into good again.

Has anybody seen it?

A Donovan Winter film, which means a weird mix of mundane Britishness and lurid sexploitation. He was a genius in his own mind, I gather. Yeah, I've seen it, it's mildly notorious for the scene where the Swingin' London hero tries to seduce Playboy centerfold twins Mary and Madeleine Collinson and they end up ignoring him and having sex with each other. If you like lesbian incest, this is the movie for you.

A better Winter film is The Deadly Females, which is about lady assassins in British suburbia, and strangely compelling in its naffness.

I haven't seen the film, and now, based on your review, I probably won't bother!

I loved it! My review from November 2018:

Bohemian Rhapsody: You don't have to be a Queen fan to appreciate this warts and all memoir of Freddie Mercury (Rami Malek in a storming performance) and Queen (covering the period 1970 to 1985). Bookended by the 1985 Live aid Concert we see how throughout his life Freddie had to deal with taunts of Paki from his days as a baggage handler at Heathrow to his first appearance with Queen to the tale telling by his sacked personal manager Paul Prenter (played by the aptly named Allen Leech). The development of Queen's unique musical style is well captured and how a move away from it caused fractures within the band. While Mercury was the showman, the roles played by May (Gwilym Lee), Taylor (Ben Hardy) and especially the non-flamboyant Deacon (John Mazzello) in the writing and arranging of their songs is outlined in amusing sequences, very much synergy at play.

Mercury's relationship with Mary Austin ( Lucy Boynton) is central to the film, even though they ceased to be a couple after Freddie explored his bisexual nature and took male partners, their friendship continued until his death. With fame came the vampiric hangers-on and chief among these was Prenter. How all of this led to the temporary break up of Queen is in the film. But the Music! Oh the Music! See and hear how Bohemian Rhapsody was put together along with other Queen classics. The film ends with a re-enactment of Queen's twenty minute set at Live Aid.

This wonderful musical biopic is brought to us with Bryan Singer at the helm as Director but the efforts of Writer Anthony McCarten, Cinematographer Newton Sigel and Editor John Ottman are crucial to it's success. 9/10.

I watched Wonder Woman 1984 the other day. Just saying...:sleep:

Last edited:
I heard the first one was very good but never saw it.

This one - not sure if I would describe it quite as "donkey shite"...it's just really, really long and really, really boring. Too much nothing. Just pointless. 2 and a half hours of nothing. Time I will never get back. Pedro Pascal's performance was the only redeeming feature but even he got tedious and dull.

On the other hand, after that I watched that I watched the Ghostbusters remake. Kicking and screaming I was, only watched it to be sociable. Despite it's almost univeral panning I actually enjoyed it. Not a great movie, at all. But perfectly pleasant, decently well-made, some genuinely funny moment. It was fine, not bad at all.

Again, too long though. Over 2 hours...what is it with Hollywood movies being so long these days?

I loved it! My review from November 2018:

Bohemian Rhapsody: You don't have to be a Queen fan to appreciate this warts and all memoir of Freddie Mercury (Rami Malek in a storming performance) and Queen...

I haven't seen the film, and now, based on your review, I probably will!

I rewatched Dungeons and Dragons, on silent with the Red Letter Media commentary track.

I remember hating it and almost leaving the theatre and a few moments or elements but nothing else. It's actually slightly worse than I was anticipating, there's just nothing "there".

It came out at a weird moment, just before nerd culture bullshit became all conquering. It came out in the UK in the Autumn 2000, as did X-Men, which was an unexpected hit and the prelude to LOTR and Harry Potter in late 2001, Spiderman becoming massive in 2002 was the final icing on the cake. Watching this absolute dogshit made me nostalgic for the time when all this stuff was ignored or treated with cynical contempt by the entertainment industry. I couldn't give a fuck about how some wealthy, privileged actor cunt "feels really connected" to playing an orc, or vampire hunter or twat in spandex. The content saturation singularity that this shit has created can fuck off, it's a monkey's paw scenario.

They don't have a town hall.

They use a shed.
Already taken care of...
149294659188655.jpg

I saw Ben Stiller's The Watch last night. Aaagh, it made me want to scratch my face off. Crude, dull, unimaginative, unfunny...

20 minutes spent recreating a concert we have perfectly good footage of seems a bit of a waste.

I saw 'first blood' again for the first time in about 20 years and i was quite moved by Stallones ending speech, for all his critisism he isnt a bad actor hes just been in a lot of bad films

One of his recent best, for me, is Escape Plan. The other 2 films in the trilogy are not nearly as good because Stallone is hardly in them. I would not say that they are among the worst films I have seen, but definitely they miss something without Stallone's presence.

Back