• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

Oh, I fully understand where you're coming from. I have a pretty low tolerance for violence, but love a good scary film, so lean towards the original Halloween, The Omen and The Haunting rather than modern gorefests. However, if it's comical, like Evil Dead 2, a film so wildly OTT it had Ash fighting his own severed, demonically possessed hand, or stylised/impressionistic like Candyman, I can handle more. See also: half the filmography of Tim Burton.

Been debating checking out the House films, actually. They seem agreeably broad and knowing.
I only ever watched the first one (and had the zombie hand ringing the doorbell poster on my bedroom wall as a teenager) .. it was good fun.

I stole the design of the 'Ben' Vietnam era zombie from HOUSE, sketched it and re sculpted it for a U.S. fan Evil Dead fan horror film.

FX004.jpg

Because it was zero budget, I asked the director to send me measurements of his actors face, selected a friend here in England, took a cast of his face, bought a shitty camera tripod from a car boot sale for £2, poured plaster of paris into the negative cast of my friend's face and before that set I pushed the mounting part at the top of the tripod into the still setting plaster.

I did that just for personal convenience, I wanted to be able to sit on a chair and sculpt the make up in comfort.

FX005.jpg

The negative cast of this sculpt ..

FX006.jpg

Strengthening the bastard because I couldn't afford plaster hardener on a zero budget ..

FX007.jpg

Carla Phillips starting to get one of my forehead appliance glued on .. except the director ignored my 'water based' part of water based spirit gum advice and instead bought regular spirit gum instead that morticians use to glue back together the faces of people who've died in car wrecks etc .. this burned her skin. I did warn him.
FX019.jpg

I removed the negative once the plaster had set which left me with a solid face to sculp onto, the part of the process I'd pushed the tripod mount into. I used plasticine/oil based clay to sculpt with. When I was happy, I made a negative of the sculpt so I could use it as a slush mould to create appliances that could be glued onto the actor with water based spirit gum. I used acrylic paint to pre colour the liquid latex so the on set make up artist in the U.S. had a base green colour to start with so he could add low light and high light shading on set) .. after creating the prosthetics so they could be assembled like jigsaw pieces on the actors face, I made a few full one piece masks to send to the crew for fun and in case they wanted to shoot it in the face, attack it with an axe or something on camera because it would match the actor's face perfectly for any quick edit shots.) .. The red cup holding a glass bulb on the far left of this strip of pics from 'Return To The Woods' was built for us by Tom Sullivan who created all the make up and prop F/X for the original 'The Evil Dead' film .. he agreed to do it for free and for fun (he built two of them so he could keep one) .. he called it 'the chalice of the dead' and it was part of our storyline .. beautiful work.

aRTTWbar.jpg

Attachments

• FX008.jpg
    FX008.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

I wonder if the Village of Amityville has considered changing its name to avoid the embarrassing connection with this franchise and the confusion between the movie stories and the real, somewhat mundane, house.

When I used to work for a photography studio, a coworker and I were unloading some video equipment after a long night (it was about 4:00 AM) in Roslyn, which is on the north shore of Long Island. A car with New Jersey license plates pulled up, and one of the college age occupants asked "How do I get to the Amityville house?" There was no easy answer, as Amityville is 20 miles away on the south shore, with no convenient highway route to get there. These kids must have been sitting around talking horror movies and had a conversation like this:

- That's a true story, dude!
- No way!
- Yeah - the house is on Long Island somewhere.
- Well let's go to Long Island and check it out - we'll just ask directions when we get in the area.

I'm sure the neighborhood is still bothered by these types to this day.

I'm a huge Ash Ra Tempel fan and eagerly sought out the 1976 movie Le Berceau de Cristal, because ART provided the soundtrack.
The film itself though is an enigmatic arthouse huge pile of steaming pretension that simply goes nowhere.

This brilliant review sums it up perfectly:

"Making it to the end of this picture requires a kind of yogic discipline, like slowing your heart rate or raising your body temperature at will. Yet, if you can master your animal nature long enough to dig its glacial pace and scry its black mirror, you’ll discover that Le berceau de cristal is really a completely empty and depressing experience."

berceau.png

Just turn the video image off and listen to the gorgeous music (especially from 14:26).

I wonder if the Village of Amityville has considered changing its name to avoid the embarrassing connection with this franchise and the confusion between the movie stories and the real, somewhat mundane, house.

When I used to work for a photography studio, a coworker and I were unloading some video equipment after a long night (it was about 4:00 AM) in Roslyn, which is on the north shore of Long Island. A car with New Jersey license plates pulled up, and one of the college age occupants asked "How do I get to the Amityville house?" There was no easy answer, as Amityville is 20 miles away on the south shore, with no convenient highway route to get there. These kids must have been sitting around talking horror movies and had a conversation like this:

- That's a true story, dude!
- No way!
- Yeah - the house is on Long Island somewhere.
- Well let's go to Long Island and check it out - we'll just ask directions when we get in the area.

I'm sure the neighborhood is still bothered by these types to this day.
From what I've read and seen online, yes .. subsequent owners have had to put up with loads of gawkers. The 'spooky eyes' windows were replaced years ago in an attempt to make the house slightly less identifiable. I have to admit though, I'd be one of those gawkers myself if I was able to. Only one pilgrimage though and I wouldn't attempt to trespass. C'mon though? .. it's the frikin Amityville Horror house!. (I'd also love to stay the night there, haunted or not).

I was going to post that Amityville in Space trailer too! It looks like someone's home video from 1995. I half expected Jeremy Beadle to pop up and give them a cash prize.

From what I've read and seen online, yes .. subsequent owners have had to put up with loads of gawkers. The 'spooky eyes' windows were replaced years ago in an attempt to make the house slightly less identifiable. I have to admit though, I'd be one of those gawkers myself if I was able to. Only one pilgrimage though and I wouldn't attempt to trespass. C'mon though? .. it's the frikin Amityville Horror house!. (I'd also love to stay the night there, haunted or not).
Drive by to take a look, sure. I've done that with various places, like the houses formerly occupied by Howard Stern and Jack Kirby. But stay there? I have no burning desire. Face it, Swifty: if there was an ordinary house near you that had a horrible crime committed in it, and subsequently there was a mostly spurious spooky legend attached to it, would you really have a hankering to stay in... The Cromer Horror House?

Drive by to take a look, sure. I've done that with various places, like the houses formerly occupied by Howard Stern and Jack Kirby. But stay there? I have no burning desire. Face it, Swifty: if there was an ordinary house near you that had a horrible crime committed in it, and subsequently there was a mostly spurious spooky legend attached to it, would you really have a hankering to stay in... The Cromer Horror House?
As long as it wasn't still active, I would like to, yes ...

Probably the spookiest house in Cromer is Cromer Hall. One of the prior owners attempted to kill his wife somewhere else in England only for her black dog to jump up and bite his throat out. The same family still live there (the Cabbels), I've met most of them and they're lovely people. They gave us permission to do a night ghost invest at the place, the only catch they told us was that the place isn't in the slightest bit haunted so we didn't do it because we didn't want to make a stylised fake invest video. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a dinner guest there one night and was told about the black dog family legend. This inspired him to write The Hound Of The Baskervilles. Of the parts I've seen inside the hall, it looks a lot like the film The Haunting .. the outside architecture's neo gothic .. seriously, the place looks like something out of Scooby Doo, who wouldn't want to spend a night here?:

acromerhall003.jpg

Probably the spookiest house in Cromer is Cromer Hall. One of the prior owners attempted to kill his wife somewhere else in England only for her black dog to jump up and bite his throat out. The same family still live there (the Cabbels), I've met most of them and they're lovely people. They gave us permission to do a night ghost invest at the place, the only catch they told us was that the place isn't in the slightest bit haunted so we didn't do it because we didn't want to make a stylised fake invest video. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a dinner guest there one night and was told about the black dog family legend. This inspired him to write The Hound Of The Baskervilles. Of the parts I've seen inside the hall, it looks a lot like the film The Haunting .. the outside architecture's neo gothic .. seriously, the place looks like something out of Scooby Doo, who wouldn't want to spend a night here?:

View attachment 53143
Okay - THAT place I'd like to stay in!

View attachment 53143
Really, no ghosts? What a waste of a creepy building. Maybe they should do a major refurbishment, see if that stirs anything up.

Okay - THAT place I'd like to stay in!
The family are cool as well .. Mr Cabell owns Cromer's Amazona zoo and he's all about saving the rain forest. They've also got a road and a football park named after them here. Over the centuries (since 'dog gate'), the appearance of a phantom black dog is bad luck for them, banshee style ... and yes, their family house is also very awesome. Myself and fellow Forteana board member and Cromer resident Impybat will hopefully be doing some metal detecting in their woods on their grounds soon.

They do rock/pop concerts as well ..

Really, no ghosts? What a waste of a creepy building. Maybe they should do a major refurbishment, see if that stirs anything up.
Lady Cabell didn't deter us from filming there at all, she was very friendly in fact, almost apologetic that the place wasn't haunted. She might have been bullshitting us I suppose but the whole "Yes, you can film a ghost investigation here if you like" suggests to me she wasn't and the place simply isn't haunted.

Last edited:
Lady Cabell didn't deter us from filming there at all, she was very friendly in fact, almost apologetic that the place wasn't haunted. She might have been bullshitting us I suppose but the whole "Yes, you film a ghost investigation here if you like" suggests to me she wasn't and the place simply isn't haunted.

Rustle up a quick human sacrifice in the grounds and that'll soon change, how about one of your vegan customers?

Rustle up a quick human sacrifice in the grounds and that'll soon change, how about one of your vegan customers?
.. so the vegan customer arrives four and a half minutes before the hall is about to close, asks where her son Stephanie who identifies as a fork lift truck today can recharge it's batteries using the electric power point with tripadvisor already primed for complaints on her cell phone .. like it GNC .. this plan might just work .. let's get this place haunted up! ..

We wouldn't be able to see it but we'd absolutely be able to hear it.

Last edited:
It was Lynrd Skynrd's Freebird, not The Beatles' Free as a Bird that climaxed The Devil's Rejects. It was also the most groaningly unsubtle choice for a deadeningly unsubtle film, Rob Zombie has a real love for horror but it expresses itself in the most thumpingly idiotic methods. I haven't seen his latest clown movie, but everyone hated it. More enthusiasm than smarts. Seems like an all right guy, though.

Just watched the sequel to The Devil's Rejects - 3 From Hell, it's on Netflix. They survived the shootout but Captain Spaulding is executed. Otis escapes with the help of his cousin Winslow and they spring Baby. Much gratuitous violence is involved, throats slit, mass slaughter. Lot's of Clowns involved, to make up for the loss of the Captain I guess.Baby is wonderfully psychotic. it's a fun film, I like The Devil's Rejects and I like this. Written & Directed by Rob Zombie. 7/10.

Just watched the sequel to The Devil's Rejects - 3 From Hell, it's on Netflix. They survived the shootout but Captain Spaulding is executed. Otis escapes with the help of his cousin Winslow and they spring Baby. Much gratuitous violence is involved, throats slit, mass slaughter. Lot's of Clowns involved, to make up for the loss of the Captain I guess.Baby is wonderfully psychotic. it's a fun film, I like The Devil's Rejects and I like this. Written & Directed by Rob Zombie. 7/10.
One roller coaster of a movie. As for gore horror it ranks very highly (IMO).

Here's a young Don Johnson with his telepathic talking dog side kick after the nuclear war of 2024 with Don's character desperate to make love with a woman .. full movie ..

Didn't know it was Don Johnson but it featured on Alex Cox's Moviedrome series and I liked it. Could have been the worst movie ever if the film had been made with the original director, who wanted lip-synch (Disney style) for the dog instead of telepathy.

Didn't know it was Don Johnson but it featured on Alex Cox's Moviedrome series and I liked it. Could have been the worst movie ever if the film had been made with the original director, who wanted lip-synch (Disney style) for the dog instead of telepathy.
And James Cagney doing the voice.

To be fair to this film though, it's either extremely well edited of that was an extremely obedient dog.

Back