• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

Didn't know it was Don Johnson but it featured on Alex Cox's Moviedrome series and I liked it. Could have been the worst movie ever if the film had been made with the original director, who wanted lip-synch (Disney style) for the dog instead of telepathy.
I hate any movie that has real animals "talking". It's just so stupid. Cartoons, fine.

Here's a young Don Johnson with his telepathic talking dog side kick after the nuclear war of 2024 with Don's character desperate to make love with a woman .. full movie ..

Directed by L.Q. Jones, a familiar face in Sam Peckinpah westerns and still with us at 94.

A Boy and his Dog is a very good movie, a fine example of gonzo science fiction. Just a pity about that last line.

I've been seeing a few things trying to reclaim Ishtar (35 years old now) as an undiscovered classic recently. It really isn't.

Pearl Harbour, or should that be Harbor? Yes, the Americans won the Battle of Britain...

I have a definite contender here in the form of a Russian `comedy fantasy` film from last year - the title of which translates as Love and Monsters. (NB Not to be confused with the American film from 2020 going under the same title!)

A young Russian guy, on the rebound from a failed relationship, sets of to a resort in sunny Bulgaria to drown his sorrows. However, he falls in lust with one of the flight attendance en route - after accidentally ripping off her dress - and attempts to pursue her despite the suspicion he receives from the locals for being a stereotypical Russian tourist. Then he discovers that the coast is being menaced by these giant shrimp like creatures who eat people. But, hey ho, the only way to ward them off is to get off your face - because they are allergic to booze! It becomes a love song to drunkenness.

That premise makes it sound quite interesting - but it's the sub-Carry on slapstick, the ludicrous looking CGI `monsters`, the holiday advert photography, the resolute repudiation of any kind of intelligence - and the way it wastes a whole lot of talent (a lot of good actors signed up for it - including the Estonian Kirril Karo - of The Sniffer fame).

And anyway, I have since learnt that it - in terms of its premise - is a blatant (and uncredited) rip off of an Irish film from 2012 called Grabbers.
What's not to dislike?

All here with English subtitles. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I have a definite contender here in the form of a Russian `comedy fantasy` film from last year - the title of which translates as Love and Monsters. (NB Not to be confused with the American film from 2020 going under the same title!)

A young Russian guy, on the rebound from a failed relationship, sets of to a resort in sunny Bulgaria to drown his sorrows. However, he falls in lust with one of the flight attendance en route - after accidentally ripping off her dress - and attempts to pursue her despite the suspicion he receives from the locals for being a stereotypical Russian tourist. Then he discovers that the coast is being menaced by these giant shrimp like creatures who eat people. But, hey ho, the only way to ward them off is to get off your face - because they are allergic to booze! It becomes a love song to drunkenness.

That premise makes it sound quite interesting - but it's the sub-Carry on slapstick, the ludicrous looking CGI `monsters`, the holiday advert photography, the resolute repudiation of any kind of intelligence - and the way it wastes a whole lot of talent (a lot of good actors signed up for it - including the Estonian Kirril Karo - of The Sniffer fame).

And anyway, I have since learnt that it - in terms of its premise - is a blatant (and uncredited) rip off of an Irish film from 2012 called Grabbers.
What's not to dislike?

All here with English subtitles. Enjoy!

VIdeo unavailable

Ok its working - I'm sure when I frst tried it it said video unavailable - now it is video unavailable on this site but you can view it on youtube by clicking here so it is viewable, thanks.

I like the little detail in this film about the Bulgarians nodding when they say 'no' and shaking their heads when they say 'yes'.
I've seen them doing just that IRL.
The dialogue is a little hard to follow because of the quirky translation.

Here's a young Don Johnson with his telepathic talking dog side kick after the nuclear war of 2024 with Don's character desperate to make love with a woman .. full movie ..

That was a bad movie, right up there with Groove Tube in that time frame.

Shakes The Clown (1991) has been called "The Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies" .. I haven't seen it yet and it stars Bob Cat so it might be enjoyable .. (skip to 0:40 for the trailer to start)

It's not bad, a bit one joke though. World's Greatest Dad is the definitive Bobcat Goldthwait directed film, I'd say. Need a strong sense of humour for that one.

I think the film you're looking for is The Dark Backward, mind you.

Back