• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Would you buy a Haunted House?

MaxMolyneux

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Knowing a ghost was in it would you?

Wouln't like to have something appearing at times when I'm sleeping though would be weird to have it stir at you.

Yup, I'd be there like a shot, cash up front if necessary. :D

I know someone else with the same opinion. ;)

*bags the big bedroom, with the bloodstained floor*

It'd have to depend on if they were friendly or not, I couldn't be doing with arguing with a ghost all the time, I have enough trouble with Grandpa moving things and opening doors when everybody's out without any more ghosts.

Wouldn't mind them stayin as long as they don't bother me when I'm sleeping.

If their able to speak with you it'd be cool if they knew some tricks. 8)

Most certainly, but if it appears while you're sleeping, how would you know.

And if it appeared while I was awake I wouldn't be me that was scared...know any interesting ways to capture anc examine ghosts?

Guess I'd be bothered when Sleeping only if I woke up and could see it.

I would like to think i am not a big sissy and could cope with a haunted house, but truth be told i'm a complete scaredy cat and would bolt at the first sign of bother!

My mates house was haunted, definitely, nobody would sit in a room alone there i can tell you. Her mam occasionally let lodgers stay, mostly hikers as its in North Yorkshire in the country (as specific as i will get!) and we were met with many an ashen faced, scared into silence face of a morning.

It's all very romantic and challenging until its 2am and you're on your own with nobody to stop you thinking you're going mad! :gaga:

I think my house is haunted, but I manage to deal with it, so I guess so. I suppose it depends on the degree and nature of the haunting.

I've been in loads of haunted places and never seen anything yet so the chance to potentially observe 24 / 7 is a big cool plus - yes I'd be there like a shot!

Gordon

Yup. I'd buy a haunted house.

:imo: It's only haunted if you BELIEVE it's haunted.

Hmm, not sure. It would be exciting to get unfettered access for the chance to observe a ghost, on the other hand I like my sleep and it might keep me awake! Perhaps I could buy it and rent it out to ghost hunters, using the proceeds to get somewhere nice to live. 8)

Yes and no. The actual haunting wouldn't bother me, but I'd be pretty cheesed off with gawpers and Most Haunted researchers.

I shouldn't worry if it is a real haunted house MH wouldn't go anywhere near. ;)

And anyway, it won't be haunted for long after I move in.

I would've said yes to this, if we hadn't rented a house for 3 years that was haunted. I had always loved the subject of ghosts, but I never realized what a scaredy cat I was/am until we lived in that house. ;)
And it wasn't that any of us had ever had experiences previously, so it's not like we were used to that sorta thing.

Reading about others' experiences is one thing....living them is totally different.

To the people who said yes what if it was Maleviolent and was able throw objects at you?

I'd chuck'em back. :lol:

Not arsed about ghosts at all, wasting their time on me I'm afraid.

I mean, what're they going to do? Slam a door? Ruffle gasp my hair?

Terrifying. :shock:

Reneehsv said:
I would've said yes to this, if we hadn't rented a house for 3 years that was haunted. I had always loved the subject of ghosts, but I never realized what a scaredy cat I was/am until we lived in that house. ;)
And it wasn't that any of us had ever had experiences previously, so it's not like we were used to that sorta thing.

Reading about others' experiences is one thing....living them is totally different.

Do tell...

Well, to make 3 years short (and this should probably be in "it happened to me"??!! This isn't earth shattering or anything but as I said, when it's happening to you and you know your family doesn't suffer from any mental problems ( :) ) then it was scarey to me.

When we first moved in, a few things happened to me....like a door (which had tall carpet under it and wouldn't move unless you manually moved the door) was opened twice the same night after I'm absolutely sure I had closed it. I had the TV change channels on me the same night. I "felt" something come into the living room just about every night when I'd be watching foodnetwork or something non-ghostly. It would always come from the hallway and into the living room. Never went farther than right inside the door though. I'd always go right to bed....hey, you can have the living room thank you very much!

My daughter, who my husband and I never mentioned this stuff to because she stayed alone after school until we got home, suddenly started telling me about the "lady" that lived there (she was around 9 then). I said are you telling me we have a ghost and she says yes. I had told the thin air when I realized something was there to please not come around when my daughter was alone. So I asked my daughter if the "lady" came around after school and her reply was "no, she never comes around when I'm home by myself". I watched my daughter once watch something in the hallway. Her and I were watching a movie and suddenly she starts watching something in the hall (which was dark). She wouldn't tell me at first but finally she said she saw something go down the hall into her room. She said it was darker than the dark but was shaped like an old lady. She was scared but she said decided to sleep in her room anyway.

My son never slept in his room the whole time there but that was because of the "shadow ghosts" in his room?!! I believe that was different than the lady. My daughter said she asked the lady her name and the lady was telling her but she couldn't hear her (i.e. the lady's lips were moving but no sound was being made). She said she didn't "see" this w/ her eyes, but that the lady communicated like telepathically (not her word..I can't remember her exact word).

My husband had a shirt come up missing that we tore the house apart looking for, but it later appeared neatly folded on top of his stack of t-shirts...wasn't there days earlier. He also started talking to "me" one night (while he was working on something) and when I went to the living room to see who he was talking to he freaked cause he swore I had walked into the room and he was talking to me but of course...I hadn't been in there at the time.

Ok, not so short after all but those are the main things. It seemed my daughter had the most up close and personal experiences. I know what I felt and though I've never considered myself sensitive to the stuff, I know I felt 'something' almost every night walk into the living room. It was always when everyone had already gone to bed probably cause that's when I finally sat down and got to relax. But I know there was something there. It would scare me to death and I'd just go to bed. There were two doors into that living room, and I ALWAYS took the one the ghost didn't. :) It was obviously not meaning to hurt anyone so my fear wasn't rational, but I'm just a big chicken. :)

This was a duplex built in the 40s in the historical district of our town by the way so I suppose it's not surprising there may be a ghost or two.

Great story Reneehsv, you could have put it in ITHM its a lot better than a lot of the tales there...

BTW:
Reneehsv said:
My husband had a shirt come up missing that we tore the house apart looking for, but it later appeared neatly folded on top of his stack of t-shirts...wasn't there days earlier. .

I wish I could find a ghost that would tidy up and do the laundry ;)

The weird thing Timble is that that particular shirt was his "lucky" football shirt. We're Alabama fans (college football) and this was the shirt he wore for every ballgame. This one Saturday we were going to his friends house for the game...we looked thru the laundry, thru my closet, thru the kids' clothes, under the bed, all thru his closet, and that shirt was NO WHERE to be found. The next Tuesday, he comes into the kitchen white as a ghost (pardon the pun) with his shirt in hand. He had reached in his closet to get a t-shirt and it was on the very top. Very strange. I had not done laundry but even if I had, the t-shirt wasn't in the dirty clothes...we'd already looked.

Another thing happened that I had forgot while posting earlier....my daughter had this friend (not close friend) who spent the night only one night with us. As I said she wasn't a good friend. Anyway, that evening the little girl just out of the blue told me that her mom used to be an EMT and when she dropped the girl off told her that she was called out to our house once when an old lady lived there. :shock: I didn't ask if the lady died!!!! When she said that, cold chills ran down my spine.

I lived in a supposedly haunted house with a GF for a couple of years. She was a goth, and virtually anything & everything (every creak, strong breeze or insect fart) was instantly attributed to ''the ghost''. Got really, REALLY old after awhile.
When asked when we were going to start a family, I used to joke with friends that we couldn't have kids - we already had ghosts, and wouldn't want to make them jealous.
I actually believe in ghosts, and have lived in a couple of houses where the atmosphere was pretty creepy, and I experienced some fairly inexplicable events therein. In this case however, I suspect the ''events'' had less to do with the supernatural than with wishful thinking.

IgnatiusII,

I'd love to hear your real experiences and unexplained events.

Isn't it a law that the realtors have to tell a prospective buyer if a house is known to be haunted? I think this is true but is it for all states in the U.S. or just a few?

I thought it would be a law everywhere as it affects the desirability of the property at resale.

I've lived in a haunted house and was terrified as a kid. It was the old man before us. My mum was cool with ghosts but that made it worse as she never took our fears seriously.

I moved into my present home and everything was fine. Then I had my baby and black shadows and white clouds would waft in my peripheral vision. I put it down to lack of sleep but it was really distracting. Then the bedside light would come on when I was in the room and not. Sometimes whilst I was sleeping and I'd wake up with it shining in my eyes. Then i caught orbs in my photos. I got a bit fed up in the end and said I had enough to cope with and that lovely as they might be it was rude to intrude and could they go away please and everything stopped although my sleep interrupted nights haven't. I can see how no one would take me seriously but even so...I'm personally convinced that something funny was going on. It didn't scare me though this time. And I think its because I leave all my doors open and have no stairs (no nasty surprises ;) ) give me a stairwell with a darkened foot and you couldn't PAY me to go down them in a haunted house!

the first two houses I lived in were haunted.......

so No...

Im tired of being haunted...

I mean nothing against ghosts.......I know they arent all bad...its just that they scare the fuck out of me no matter what................i mean if they want to have a straight forward conversation thats cool...but I cant stand all the wierdness......why the running up and down stairs? why the crazy foot steps and breathing and random words? why all the scarey shit? do they even know they are doing that?

but to be fair I experience some degree of strange stuff no matter where I live......

Chantie

Sounds like you've got a relative who wants to help

Chantie

Sounds like you've got a relative who wants to help, give it a copleof years and you may have to tell them to go away again when you're baby starts telling you about the strange man/woman in their bedroom

Back