• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Would You Do It? (Spend a Night in a Haunted Place)

A

Anonymous

would you ever spend the night in an old abandoned house, forest or graveyard that is said to be haunted(ghost, vampire, black dog or whatever forteana you want) just to see for yourself if it's true?

i know i wouldn't be able to handle a house in the dark alone...i'd go bananas(i'm a little claustrophobic and still have slight subconscious fears of the dark[ironic, no? i'm mr.big dark gothic music guy who loves the night but can't stare into a dark closet for too long...go-fig HAHAHAHA]). i've done the cemetary thing. i've been in them on halloween night all alone. there's a lot of space to run in a graveyard and you have the light of the moon to guide you, so if anything should give chase, you have some place to go. a forest...hmmm...depends if it has pathes. i'm not walking into any spider webs(i love spiders but hate their webs).

and searching the streets for Spring Heeld Jack or you're respective urban boogieman doesn't count; too much of a chance of human contact. either a house or graveyard or forest...or any typically isolated place.

would you do it?

Me?

Heck No!!:eek!!!!: Not by myself! I'ed rather fight in a ship to ship cannon exchange..my own mind would do me in!!:cross eye

interesting

i think the mind has a tendancy to do anyone in like that.

in a dark house i'd start seeing things in my mind and just go crackers.

Oh yeah, I'd definately do it.

Of course I'd be much happier with another person with me (even if it's easier to freak yourself out "did you hear something?" ..etc).

Yep, I'd do it without flinching. I spend my working life alone at night in a huge room filled with files containing pictures of often terribly injured people, I like walking in the woods after dark and if i hear a strange noise outside at night I go investigate. (I'll probably die in a B movie.)

There's nothing there in the dark that isn't there in the light.

In my mind I'd like to think I would.....but knowing me, I 'm too much of a fraidy cat and a p*ss-pants to be able to do that sort of thing alone :p I'd LIKE to...just dunno if I WOULD. Maybe in a group of abt three or four....hundred poeple.

It wouldn't be of much use to go it alone - you'd need someone to verify anything you might experience.

Just find me a place and I'll do it......I'm not scared of the dark, in fact I often pad around my house at night with all the lights out (this could explain why both my kids are freaked out by the dark!).

I tend to lean towards the sceptical view-point and I would love to see some paranormal activity for myself.........

My freinds and I were all set to go explore a haunted, abandoned, asylum........until the security gaurd found us and kicked us out. (because my one stupid freind wanted to park right NEXT to the place).So I guess I'll never know.

i so want to see "something"...i guess it's why my mp3 player is my best friend on my nightly strolls. it enhances things.

i often wonder...if i never experiance anything and everyone else does...am i really the spectre?

Yup, for sure, any day! or night.

I'd hate to be with anyone who thought it was funny to go 'boo!' or whatever though.

I like Yvette's idea in 'Most Haunted'- find the Scariest Bedroom and, er, go to bed in it.
('3am- and here we have footage of Yvette snoring gently in the Murder Room.')

Peeps who go looking for spooks don't seem to see many.

Wastrel said:
There's nothing there in the dark that isn't there in the light.

How do you know? :eek!!!!: You wouldn't see it if there was!
Needless to say, I wouldn't, I'm too scared. :(

I'd rather spend a night in a so-called haunted room than one with a huge moth buzzing around it . . .:eek:

Carole

or rats and mice crawling and scratching in the ceiling and walls.

there is an old house here that's being rennovated, but before that, people said you could hear the telephone ringing in it.

Spend the night in a haunted house on my own?

Yes. Infact I squated in one a few years back.

I'd jump at the chance of staying all night in a haunted house and doubtless be extremely disappointed come the morning that nothing had happened.

I sleep in a mildly haunted flat, but I would only spend the night in an abandoned, haunted house if I was with people I knew and trusted.

Well I'd like to,but I've just seen 'My Little Eye' and Blair Witch agaain,so I'll have to pass.... :eek!!!!:

Will be doing the haunted house bit on Thursday, but not alone. May post back here especially if anything happens.

not a chance. I lived in a house that I'd swear was haunted, and could not WAIT to move out.

All of my family (7 people) heard or saw something odd in that house. We only compared experiences and realized that we were not the only one to see or feel something strange years later.

carole said:
I'd rather spend a night in a so-called haunted room than one with a huge moth buzzing around it . . .:eek:

Carole

I'm with you on that one Carole, specially if you sleep with your mouth open.:eek!!!!:

I live alone some of the time and recently, when chatting to the boyf, complained laughingly that there was no ghost in my house.
Maybe that was a bad idea.

Last night when dropping off to sleep I heard a big BANG from right beside my bed. I put the light on- and it went straight off again. Then I put on all the lights and toured the house trying doors and windows- all quiet.

The rest of the night I heard quieter bangs and taps from all over the bedroom and neither of my dogs- who normally sneak in and sleep under or on the bed- came in at all, and both were downstairs this morning. Most unusual.

I used to live in a haunted flat, so I know I could do it - assuming I was quite certain noone else had snuck in to wind me up...

I've lived in 3 haunted houses and I have to say it a bit of a let down, there just aren't screaming monks roaming the halls every night,nothing like the films or living tvs most haunted.:(

What phenomena did you have, then, Oll??

Carole

Would this haunted house have spiders in it?

Ghosts (Pah!), spectres (bring them on) vampires (hand me the garlic and call me Van Helsing) are all fine

But spiders are something else: eek:

Swan said:
But spiders are something else: eek:

did you miss the spider spirit thread then?

Big spiders! Photo's of big spiders!

Run screaming from the board1

Back