• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Would You Want To Meet Your Parents In The Afterlife?

I would like to meet my ancestors because the only family member I knew apart from parents was my mothers mother who died when I was 6 anyway. Hopefully they haven't kept too much of a close eye on what I've got up to in my life, but in case they have, I'd like to think I would keep intact my ability to rapidly change a subject when called for....

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, you might have already met your deceased relatives. They could be your pets, for example.

A delicious thought.

They do tend to follow the general assumption that you will retain a form (at least mentally) similar to the one you already have.

No, you have spirits of the ancestors you've devoured for company.

This scenario is self-contradictory with respect to the simple version of an overall reincarnation / recycling scheme.

If ancestors' spirits had been reincarnated, that presumes their persistent spirits were liberated upon the death of the current "vehicle" and somehow shunted to or through a "place" where they were reassigned to news "vehicles."

What, then, is it about dying as some other being's prey that short-circuits this recycling process and leaves the spirit stuck in the mundane realm rather than migrating back to the recycling point?

This scenario is self-contradictory with respect to the simple version of an overall reincarnation / recycling scheme.

If ancestors' spirits had been reincarnated, that presumes their persistent spirits were liberated upon the death of the current "vehicle" and somehow shunted to or through a "place" where they were reassigned to news "vehicles."

What, then, is it about dying as some other being's prey that short-circuits this recycling process and leaves the spirit stuck in the mundane realm rather than migrating back to the recycling point?

Possibly, In the above case, one is reincarnated one stage higher up the food chain.

Is this were so, then as a human you are at the top of the food chain (from the point of view of aggressor-victim) and thus you have used up that route.

Would this mean that you then move onto a different 'Mode of existence' ?

Is this were so, then as a human you are at the top of the food chain (from the point of view of aggressor-victim) and thus you have used up that route.

If you move on to some other, higher, mode of existence one would suppose your persistent spirit is not recycled thereafter so as to get eaten (or re-liberated) as prey.

If you return at the same (human; terminal) level of life one would suppose your persistent spirit would be liberated upon death just as it had before.

There's still the possibility of being recycled at a lower level (i.e., being "demoted" on the next round).

In the James Herbert novel Fluke, insects are the highest form of life because we get reincarnated over and over from the most intelligent creature with the most baggage to the simplest creature without a care in the world (assuming insects are not bothered about being eaten or swatted).

Possibly, In the above case, one is reincarnated one stage higher up the food chain.

I read accounts of people under past life regression and one chap had a number of past lives and he was taken back when he was ant and was eaten my a fish or something.

I'd be alarmed to say the least because they're all still alive.

That's the point where they sit you down and start with ' Something we should have told you when we were still alive, but somehow never could find the right moment'.

I'm certainly hoping to meet my parents again -though maybe separately, as they probably shouldn't have married each other!

A few years ago I had a friend who was interested in psychic things. ( In fact , she worked on the psychic phone lines.)
We were discussing reincarnation, and I said "What if one member of the group soul decides to go back to earth for another go?".
My friend suggested that perhaps it would only be like if one of us decided to go on holiday for a while. -i.e. no big deal! Time in the afterlife isn't the same.

Perhaps we all belong to a very big extended soul family!

When my cat went missing , some ten years ago, I had a private reading with a medium who had impressed me at my local Spiritualist church.
As the reading progressed, my late father's not totally admirable character traits shone through!
Not only did I believe it was him, but I felt he hadn't changed! (And he'd died nearly 40 earth years previously.)

No, but there's a quite complicated story relating to the missing cat.
Make yourself a cup of tea and read on:-

When the cat went missing, my ex mother in law, with whom I still had a loving relationship, sent me a cutting from her local Sunderland paper, about a lady called Clare Metcalf who claimed to be able to communicate telepthically with animals.

I contacted Clare, and she tried very hard on my behalf. (She used photgraphs of the cat.)
But I was attending Bournemouth Spiritualist church regularly at the time, and one Sunday this particular male medium really impressed me.
I sent him an email asking him if he did private sittings, and I said that I was anxious to trace a lost cat.

He sent me an email back straight away, which said that yes, he did give private sittings, but that he felt my cat was alive and had found itself a new home.

OK. I could have left it there, but I was so impressed by the fact that he'd told me in an email what I was wanting to hear without charging me any money, that I decided to have a private sitting anyway!

So.......I went to his house for the private sitting, and when we briefly mentioned the cat , the medium called me "Clare"!!
He immediately apologised, and said "I don't know why I called you by the wrong name".

The sitting continued with my dad talking (through the medium) about our old home etc etc.
One lovely comment has stayed with me ever since -"He says you may look like your mother but you're your father's daughter!" (Oh yes!)

ANYWAY when I got out onto the pavement, I thought"I know why he called me Clare! It was proof of his genuine link with the cat".

So there you go! :)

Although I had a loving relationship with my Father, my Mother never really liked me and preferred my younger sister.
When my husband died I went to a psychic recommended by a friend.
The psychic didn't bring though my husband but said that my Mother was there.
I wondered what message she had for me but it was a message for my sister saying that her husband had cancer and should go to the doctor immediately.
I dutifully passed on the message but was told the doctor said there was nothing wrong.
However years later their second son did die of cancer.
So although my Father would probably be happy to meet me again, not sure about my Mother.

No, but there's a quite complicated story relating to the missing cat.
Make yourself a cup of tea and read on:-

When the cat went missing, my ex mother in law, with whom I still had a loving relationship, sent me a cutting from her local Sunderland paper, about a lady called Clare Metcalf who claimed to be able to communicate telepthically with animals.

I contacted Clare, and she tried very hard on my behalf. (She used photgraphs of the cat.)
But I was attending Bournemouth Spiritualist church regularly at the time, and one Sunday this particular male medium really impressed me.
I sent him an email asking him if he did private sittings, and I said that I was anxious to trace a lost cat.

He sent me an email back straight away, which said that yes, he did give private sittings, but that he felt my cat was alive and had found itself a new home.

OK. I could have left it there, but I was so impressed by the fact that he'd told me in an email what I was wanting to hear without charging me any money, that I decided to have a private sitting anyway!

So.......I went to his house for the private sitting, and when we briefly mentioned the cat , the medium called me "Clare"!!
He immediately apologised, and said "I don't know why I called you by the wrong name".

The sitting continued with my dad talking (through the medium) about our old home etc etc.
One lovely comment has stayed with me ever since -"He says you may look like your mother but you're your father's daughter!" (Oh yes!)

ANYWAY when I got out onto the pavement, I thought"I know why he called me Clare! It was proof of his genuine link with the cat".

So there you go! :)

Weird - as I read the name "Clare" the DJ on the radio said "Clare" - completely simultaneously!

Luckily I liked (well, still like my mum, she's still alive) both my parents, and would love to see my dad in an afterlife, especially if it was his one, which was basically the world in about 1952 with all the rubbish bits, like rain and racism taken out (my parents were always very pro civil rights and I grew up with that; possibly a bit unusual in 1970s Cornwall! My mum is a huge fan of Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier, and my dad loved cricket, so admired Gary Sobers and Viv Richards etc)

Not anytime soon...

How does that work, if they were both set on a coffin funeral and we cremated them instead?

Well, did your cat ever come back? Please don't leave us on tender hooks like this! We're all desperate for a happy ending these days! :glum:

Sadly, no.

But I stayed in contact with Clare, and after some time (We're going back over 10 years so I can't be very accurate) Clare contacted me to say that Suki the cat had been taken in by someone and was OK in her new home.

Then, and I can't tell you how much later -perhaps a year or even more , Clare contacted me to say Suki had passed (died) peacefully.

Many of you will be highly sceptical, I do realise that, but in fact I trusted Clare and believed her and I know she and I did our level best to get Suki back to me.

Incidentally, Suki and Tigger (who is still with me , 15 years old and costing me a fortune for his thyroid medication!), both belonged to my next door neighbour in Wolverhampton.
Suki had already belonged to someone else before my neighbour took her on, and we don't know how old she was.
The Wolverhampton neighbour missed having a dog,so she took on a large dalmation, who was really nasty to the cats, and I agreed to have them.
The cats moved here with me to Dorset in 2007

Suki was a sweet little cat, but more playful than loving. I did her one enormous favour considering her circumstances -I had her neutered.

She's the only cat I've ever had to go missing.I'd rather have found her dead in a bush, to be honest!

Back